US Troops Want To Stay

how do you respond to these two facts:

The American people have a higher opinion of CONGRESS today than they did when YOUR party was last in power. And they have a higher opinion of congressional DEMOCRATS TODAY than they do of congressional republicans.

Keep thinking that MM if it makes you happy

so poll numbers only proove YOUR points and not mine?

I see.

So this is another example of what you call "debate"?

You have a knack for ignoring anything that goes against you

Get over your old polls and look at the current ones

You have a knack for ignoring anything that goes against you

Get over your old polls and look at the current ones

the most current poll listed on the compilation site pollingreport.com shows Bush trailing congress by 6%.

Get over your old polls and look at most the current ones

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

All the polls, averaged together, has Bush a little higher then Congress

some of those polls are quite old. Didn't you just say to look at the current polls? the most current poll shows Bush trailing congress by 6%.

Forget those old polls of yours! That is what you told ME to do, and I said fine...here is the most recent....and now, you want to look at old polls. spin spin spin...flip flop flip flop

some of those polls are quite old. Didn't you just say to look at the current polls? the most current poll shows Bush trailing congress by 6%.

Forget those old polls of yours! That is what you told ME to do, and I said fine...here is the most recent....and now, you want to look at old polls. spin spin spin...flip flop flip flop

You want to ignore the trend MM - not that I blame you

The trend is showing Dems going south

You want to ignore the trend MM - not that I blame you

The trend is showing Dems going south

which is it? do we only consider polls that are recent, or do we look at less recent polls in order to gain a sense of trend?...and how far back would you like to go to gain that trend perspective?

which is it? do we only consider polls that are recent, or do we look at less recent polls in order to gain a sense of trend?...and how far back would you like to go to gain that trend perspective?

Real clear politics takes all the polls and posts the average

The trend is not good for you - which is why you don't want to look at it

Real clear politics takes all the polls and posts the average

The trend is not good for you - which is why you don't want to look at it

that is one site. pollingreport.com is another site that lists all the polls and the dates they were taken. and I ask again: do you want to look at trends for congressional approval and if so, why not go back and look at the long term trends and what they mean for the way America views each party's turn at congressional leadership. It seems that you talk out of both sides of your mouth...you want to ignore the quinnipiac poll because it is too old, yet are willing to average in polls much older than that one in order to avoid admitting that the most current poll shows Bush losing to congress. you can't make up your mind because you are between a rock and a hard place..... damned if you do, damned if you don't. I understand your need to obfuscate and spin...it is really self-evident.

that is one site. pollingreport.com is another site that lists all the polls and the dates they were taken. and I ask again: do you want to look at trends for congressional approval and if so, why not go back and look at the long term trends and what they mean for the way America views each party's turn at congressional leadership. It seems that you talk out of both sides of your mouth...you want to ignore the quinnipiac poll because it is too old, yet are willing to average in polls much older than that one in order to avoid admitting that the most current poll shows Bush losing to congress. you can't make up your mind because you are between a rock and a hard place..... damned if you do, damned if you don't. I understand your need to obfuscate and spin...it is really self-evident.

No matter how you spin it MM -the Dem Congress is on a steady trip south in the polls

that is certainly YOUR spin on things....you've made that clear.

why do you run away from all the FACTS that don't suit your preconceived notion?

MM, you are a mind numb lib who constantly ignores facts that goes against you

The polls have shown a steady drop for the Dems and yet you reach out and cling to anything that offers a faint glimmer of hope

MM, you are a mind numb lib who constantly ignores facts that goes against you

The polls have shown a steady drop for the Dems and yet you reach out and cling to anything that offers a faint glimmer of hope

actually, that is not true...and it IS true that congress has a higher approval rating with democrats in control than it did when republicans were in control. And it is also true that congressional democrats poll higher than congressional republicans...why do you run away from those facts?

actually, that is not true...and it IS true that congress has a higher approval rating with democrats in control than it did when republicans were in control. And it is also true that congressional democrats poll higher than congressional republicans...why do you run away from those facts?

Since they took over the numbers have gone down - that is a fact

Dems always step in it, and their arrogrance takes over - that is their nature

and as low as they are today, they are not anywhere near as low as they were when YOUR party was in charge....and, clearly, when asked to differentiate between the performance of congressional democrats and congressional republicans, the democrats have a significantly higher approval rating. why do you run away from those facts?

and as low as they are today, they are not anywhere near as low as they were when YOUR party was in charge....and, clearly, when asked to differentiate between the performance of congressional democrats and congressional republicans, the democrats have a significantly higher approval rating. why do you run away from those facts?

The way Dems are fucking up -give them time MM

Who is running away?

Your party is in a steady decine and you can't admit it

If my "party" is in steady decline, why, pray tell, is the headline of the Rasmussen Poll article on congressional approval ratings:

Congress Ratings Improve: 26% Say Good or Excellent

Friday, May 18, 2007
Twenty-six percent (26%) of American voters believe that Congress is doing a good or an excellent job. That’s a six point improvement over the past month and reflects that most positive rating for the legislative body in 2007. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 30% give Congress a “fair” rating while 43% say poor. A separate survey found that Democrats have an 11-point advantage on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ress_ratings_improve_26_say_good_or_excellent

Forum List

Back