US Troops Want To Stay

I believe I stated as much as far as the commander goes. It is his job to make that assessment. The Democrats aren't going to listen, obviously. They have made up their collective mind to pull the plug by whatever means necessary.

I in no way agree with that.

My statement however, was in regard to basing strategy on troop opinions. I don't consider the Commander a "troop." I consider LCpl Schmuckatelli a "troop."

I was disturbed that more democrats did not attend the Petraeus briefing, I must admit.

I was disturbed that more democrats did not attend the Petraeus briefing, I must admit.

IMO, we will never accomplish anything in this nation again until the politicians on BOTH sides stop marching in lockstep.

While each side claims to stand for something, and each side promises something -- every election -- when do they EVER deliver? And when so WE quit believing the promises?

When was the last time ANY of those politicians did ONE thing that made an impact for the good on ALL Americans?

***Let the endless loop of the theme from Jeopardy begin***

IMO, we will never accomplish anything in this nation again until the politicians on BOTH sides stop marching in lockstep.

While each side claims to stand for something, and each side promises something -- every election -- when do they EVER deliver? And when so WE quit believing the promises?

When was the last time ANY of those politicians did ONE thing that made an impact for the good on ALL Americans?

***Let the endless loop of the theme from Jeopardy begin***

I really can't think of anything ANY politician could do - in the realm of domestic policy in any case - that COULD POSSIBLY make an impact for the good of ALL Americans. Certainly not the perceived good.

I really can't think of anything ANY politician could do - in the realm of domestic policy in any case - that COULD POSSIBLY make an impact for the good of ALL Americans. Certainly not the perceived good.

If Dems give up on surrender (that did no that last night) what will they offer in its place?

How about something new?

Like actually supporting the troops and wanting them to win?

This is a good one

The kook left is blaming VP Cheney for the Dems caving on their surrender vote

Dems are in charge, they make the rules, they decide when the votes are taken, and yet it is Cheney's fault

You can't make this stuff up folks! :rofl:

VOTE ALERT: Dick Cheney Dems Plan to Hide Votes On Iraq TODAY
by David Sirota | May 24 2007

Today is the day House Democrats are expected to vote on Iraq - except, news out of Washington this morning says the leadership has come up with a nifty little trick to try to prevent the public from seeing who voted for giving Bush a blank check, and who voted against it. If you thought Democrats were behaving like cowards by caving into a President at a three-decade low in presidential polling and giving him the very blank check they explicitly promised not to give him during the 2006 election, you ain't seen nothing yet. We are watching the rise of the Dick Cheney Democrats - that is, the rise of Democrats who endorse governing in secret and hiding the public's business from the public itself.
more ... http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x957797

what does that cut and paste have to do IN ANY WAY with the quote of mine that preceded it?

Showing you how the people who actually believed what the Dems said to get elected, are reacting to the surrender to Pres Bush

Showing you how the people who actually believed what the Dems said to get elected, are reacting to the surrender to Pres Bush

here is my quote:

that is talking about the difficulties any politician has in finding common ground on domestic issues that could possibly make every happy. so how does a vote on foreign policy have anything to do with that point?

here is my quote:

that is talking about the difficulties any politician has in finding common ground on domestic issues that could possibly make every happy. so how does a vote on foreign policy have anything to do with that point?

Dems are in charge yet they can;t accomplish anything they promised

Whose fault is that?

Oh, it's Bush's fault - that is the standard liberal talking point response

Face it MM - Dems have stepped in it big time

Dems are in charge yet they can;t accomplish anything they promised

Whose fault is that?

Oh, it's Bush's fault - that is the standard liberal talking point response

Face it MM - Dems have stepped in it big time

dems are not "in charge" unless you are suggesting that the president of the united states is in a position UNDER congress in the chain of command.....and again....what does that have to do with my point that I made to Gunny earlier? your ability to apply logic to discussion is non-existent.

dems are not "in charge" unless you are suggesting that the president of the united states is in a position UNDER congress in the chain of command.....and again....what does that have to do with my point that I made to Gunny earlier? your ability to apply logic to discussion is non-existent.

Ah yes. Dems get elected and they still blame Bush for their failures

Ah yes. Dems get elected and they still blame Bush for their failures

are you suggesting that congress is in charge of the white house? and of the military? and of the executive branch of government? is the speaker of the house ABOVE the president in order of power precedence? yes or no

are you suggesting that congress is in charge of the white house? and of the military? and of the executive branch of government? is the speaker of the house ABOVE the president in order of power precedence? yes or no

don't worry about it

it is just another broken promise - it is getting hard to keep track of them

Neither did many people of the Titantic after the ship hit the iceberg

It did take time for them to see they were in trouble

ok.... you have convinced me that you are a pundit par excellence and have your finger squarely on the pulse of the democratic party. I look forward to seeing just how accurate your prognostications are.

ok.... you have convinced me that you are a pundit par excellence and have your finger squarely on the pulse of the democratic party. I look forward to seeing just how accurate your prognostications are.

I am saying what the liberal base is saying

They are not happy and the anger is growing

Forum List

Back