US Troops Want To Stay

Oh thats right. If it goes against your personal views - it must not be true

not at all. I never visit any of those sites.

your idea of truth seems to reside in conservative editorials....mine resides in my own brain...which has forgotten more than you will ever learn.

not at all. I never visit any of those sites.

your idea of truth seems to reside in conservative editorials....mine resides in my own brain...which has forgotten more than you will ever learn.

Then why not see first hand what the base is saying?

Your brain? No wonder you have no idea about what is really going on in the world

Then why not see first hand what the base is saying?

Your brain? No wonder you have no idea about what is really going on in the world

I see what my party's BASE says every month at my democratic party county committee meeting. Daily Kos does not represent the BASE of my party....but hey, I am just a lifelong democratic party activist, what is my knowledge of my party's BASE when compared to the great and mighty RSR, eh?

:rofl:

I see what my party's BASE says every month at my democratic party county committee meeting. Daily Kos does not represent the BASE of my party....but hey, I am just a lifelong democratic party activist, what is my knowledge of my party's BASE when compared to the great and mighty RSR, eh?

:rofl:

Gee, how many libs can fit in that phone booth?

and that is what you call debating what the democratic base thinks?

stupid jokes?

grow up.

come on back when you have. you are an embarrassment.

and that is what you call debating what the democratic base thinks?

stupid jokes?

grow up.

come on back when you have. you are an embarrassment.

I know you do not care about the people that helped put yopur party in power. You look down on everyone around you and think you are so much better then the masses

It is a typcial trait among your kind

If you want go to those baords and tell them how you do not care what they think - and how they will still vote for who you want them to in 08

I really can't think of anything ANY politician could do - in the realm of domestic policy in any case - that COULD POSSIBLY make an impact for the good of ALL Americans. Certainly not the perceived good.

We need to bring some common sense back into politics. Used to be, partisan bickering took a hind seat to what was in the best interest of the nation as a whole, perceived or real.

One thing comes immediately to mind, with several other issues following closely on its heels ....

Our elected officials could sit down and come to an agreement on our border and internal security that reflects the will of the people, not their current political stances.

While I am certain this isn't going to break YOUR heart, on this issue alone, Bush is driving a wedge into the heart of the Republican party and those who support it. I will NOT support any politician, regardless which side of the aisle, that supports this piece of trash, cheap bandaid immigration bill.

We need to bring some common sense back into politics. Used to be, partisan bickering took a hind seat to what was in the best interest of the nation as a whole, perceived or real.

One thing comes immediately to mind, with several other issues following closely on its heels ....

Our elected officials could sit down and come to an agreement on our border and internal security that reflects the will of the people, not their current political stances.

While I am certain this isn't going to break YOUR heart, on this issue alone, Bush is driving a wedge into the heart of the Republican party and those who support it. I will NOT support any politician, regardless which side of the aisle, that supports this piece of trash, cheap bandaid immigration bill.

I do not disagree with very much of that.... myself...I will certainly make my concerns and my anger known to any of my congressmen or senators who do vote for it, I refuse to be a one issue voter who would throw the baby out with the bathwater.

And border security really is the only issue that is both a domestic policy issue AND a foreign policy issue.

I do not disagree with very much of that.... myself...I will certainly make my concerns and my anger known to any of my congressmen or senators who do vote for it, I refuse to be a one issue voter who would throw the baby out with the bathwater.

And border security really is the only issue that is both a domestic policy issue AND a foreign policy issue.

I see it as a little deeper than that. To me, anyone supporting this useless bill isn't intelligent enough to be holding public office.:cool:

I see it as a little deeper than that. To me, anyone supporting this useless bill isn't intelligent enough to be holding public office.:cool:

and does that apply to people in the executive branch who support this bill? ;)

and does that apply to people in the executive branch who support this bill? ;)

I SWEAR I will NEVER vote for George W. Bush again.:badgrin:

Seriously, I neither hold the President's views on this topic, nor does he have my support on this topic in any way, and I DO consider this a betrayal of conservatism on his part.

I know you do not care about the people that helped put yopur party in power. You look down on everyone around you and think you are so much better then the masses

It is a typcial trait among your kind

If you want go to those baords and tell them how you do not care what they think - and how they will still vote for who you want them to in 08

what you know or don't know about me does not change that fact that you cannot debate your way out of a paper bag, and that in lieu of debate,you substitute stupid one liner gags that wouldn't get a single laugh at amateur open mike nite at the local comedy club...or one liner talking points from Rush or Hannity...or lengthy newsbuster op-ed pieces. The fact is: you are incapable of expressing yourself beyond those forms listed above.

I care very deeply for all Americans. I am glad when people decide to cast their ballots for democratic candidates, but I do not feel as if I need to cater to the far left of my party at the expense of capturing the middle of the bell curve, because I know that the far left will not abandon the democrats and vote for republicans. I am not igoring them...I am merely saying that my party will not necessarily embrace every issue that the far left holds dear....and why should I go to the far left message boards and rub their noses in that?:cuckoo:

And please don't act like YOUR side does not do the same and WORSE. From 2000 to 2006, the republican party had the congress AND the white house. Oddly enough, abortion was not outlawed in that time. Oddly enough, the anti-gay marriage constitutional amendment never made it out of congress in that time... seems to me that YOUR party has done a marvelous job of ignoring the issues of the groups that put THEM in power.

And if democrats do not embrace the complete "get out of Iraq by noon tomorrow" agenda or the "impeach Bush and send him to prison" agenda of the far left, that does not mean that we are ignoring the groups that put US back in power. Labor unions put us back in power. The Bar Association put us back in power. Teachers put us back in power. Marginalized minorities decimated by trickle-on republican economic policies put us back in power...AND a broad based disappointment about the Iraq war and a growing feeling across the political spectrum - from the far left to at least one standard deviation to the right of the middle, anyway - that the republican party did not deserve to lead the global war on terror.... they all came together to put us back in power.

We are NOT beholden to the loony left for our majorities in both houses of congress...we are beholden to a broad spectrum of the American electorate. They had been terribly unhappy with congress's performance in the area of foreign policy for many months BEFORE the midterm election. And here are two things that are clear: the American people have a higher opinion of CONGRESS today than they did when YOUR party was last in power. And they have a higher opinion of congressional DEMOCRATS TODAY than they do of congressional republicans.

MM, a 58% disappoval rating is nothing to smile about

how do you respond to these two facts:

The American people have a higher opinion of CONGRESS today than they did when YOUR party was last in power. And they have a higher opinion of congressional DEMOCRATS TODAY than they do of congressional republicans.

Forum List

Back