US Troops Want To Stay

I understand libs want to paint a doom and gloom picture in Iraq - you ignored the CNN video of the progress being made - as White Flag Harry bellowed 'the war is lost'

no...I am not painting a doom and gloom picture....I only ask that you answer this question:

Do you believe that an Iraqi army made up of sunnis, shiites and kurds will retain unit cohesiveness and will remain loyal to the government of Iraq after our departure and will not rapidly devolve into well trained militias for their own sects?

yes or no?

no...I am not painting a doom and gloom picture....I only ask that you answer this question:

Do you believe that an Iraqi army made up of sunnis, shiites and kurds will retain unit cohesiveness and will remain loyal to the government of Iraq after our departure and will not rapidly devolve into well trained militias for their own sects?

yes or no?

You are a walking billboard for doom and gloom

I only ask that you answer this question:

yes or no?

are you capable of actually answering a simple yes or no question?

are you capable of actually answering a simple yes or no question?

I will answer. There is NO reason to assume that they won't work together, so until you provide some current facts showing they can't or won't your insistance they will devolve into Civil War is simply an attempt by you to justify abandoning millions of people to anarchy, terror and murder.

let me ask you this: if, when America does leave Iraq in, say, five years, do you think that Iraq will be completely devoid of our enemies?

That question is meaningless. Hell the United States is not "completely" devoid of our enemies. More importantly it is NOT the benchmark we are or should be shooting for.

Just as the war on Drugs and the War on Terror will never eradicate those things, the point is to make it so costly that these things are not considered safe to do. It is to protect our society.

RSR has a point, using the logic that we must totally eradicate our enemies before it is a success, why have police? Why have doctors? Why have Government at all?

Your insistance that this is the goal is idiotic. that if we don't reach this goal we have failed, your point of course being we can never reach that goal so we should just stop trying.

That question is meaningless. Hell the United States is not "completely" devoid of our enemies. More importantly it is NOT the benchmark we are or should be shooting for.

Just as the war on Drugs and the War on Terror will never eradicate those things, the point is to make it so costly that these things are not considered safe to do. It is to protect our society.

RSR has a point, using the logic that we must totally eradicate our enemies before it is a success, why have police? Why have doctors? Why have Government at all?

Your insistance that this is the goal is idiotic. that if we don't reach this goal we have failed, your point of course being we can never reach that goal so we should just stop trying.

you have no idea what my point is... so quit putting words in MY mouth, OK "sarge"? My point is.... we will never surrender to our enemies in Iraq even if we leave tomorrow. We will turn over military encampments and installations to the legitimate government of Iraq. Will there still be some bad guys there? sure. It does not mean that we surrendered to them, though, does it?

you have no idea what my point is... so quit putting words in MY mouth, OK "sarge"? My point is.... we will never surrender to our enemies in Iraq even if we leave tomorrow. We will turn over military encampments and installations to the legitimate government of Iraq. Will there still be some bad guys there? sure. It does not mean that we surrendered to them, though, does it?

Your being disengenous now. The iraq Government and Military/Police are not trained, equiped or prepared to do the job. You can not have it both ways, you can not cut and run and claim we accomplished our mission.

have you ever lived in an arab neighborhood with both sunnis and shiites in close proximity? yes or no?

Have you been to Iraq? have you trained with or served with Iraq troops or police? have you lived in an Iraq town or city with both Sunni and Shiite in it?

If you have served with Iraq troops/police, when was that? Are you contending they are incapable of being trained?

Yes or no?

Will movement of civilian populations occur? Sure will, already has, BUT there have also been reports that Sunni and Shiite families have returned to areas they once didn't feel safe in.

Your being disengenous now. The iraq Government and Military/Police are not trained, equiped or prepared to do the job. You can not have it both ways, you can not cut and run and claim we accomplished our mission.

we have been "training" the Iraqi police and military a hell of a lot longer than we have been training the 19 and 20 year old new recruits who are riding around the mean streets of Baghdad doing the job the Iraqi military ought to be doing.

this reminds me of an old joke about a high school football team that was getting its ass kicked by a team from across town. The coach kept sending in plays to "Give Leroy the ball" and the play would be run and Leroy wouldn't get the ball and their team would be thrown for another bruising loss...the coach kept sending in plays "give Leroy the ball!" and the plays kept going to other players...until finally, when one of his substitutions came back to the bench, the coach said, "I keep tellin' you kids to give Leroy the ball and you never give it to him. what the hell is going on?" and the young kid said, "coach....Leroy say he don't WANT the ball!"

How badly do you think that the Iraqi armed forces "wants the ball"? How long are you willing to carry it for them using troops many of whom are every bit as green as they are?

Have you been to Iraq? have you trained with or served with Iraq troops or police? have you lived in an Iraq town or city with both Sunni and Shiite in it?

If you have served with Iraq troops/police, when was that? Are you contending they are incapable of being trained?

Yes or no?

Will movement of civilian populations occur? Sure will, already has, BUT there have also been reports that Sunni and Shiite families have returned to areas they once didn't feel safe in.

why do you answer questions with questions? what are you hiding?

You have set up a strawman, claiming that only if you meet criteria you provide is your opinion valid. The premise you establish is false or misleading.

The one trying to HIDE something is not me.

I have made no such claims.... I merely asked a question or two to ascertain the level of your understanding of the culture and ethnicities involved. I have nothing to hide.

Yes yes, I see, if YOU ask a question or establish a criteria, it is just to enable discussion, if someone else does it they are trying to "hide" something.

no....

the asking of a question is not, in itself, an attempt to hide anything.

the asking of a question as a dodge to avoid answering a question might be an attempt to hide something.... or it might just be the actions of a prick who wanted nothing more than to annoy. the jury is still out.

LMFAO ...this from a guy who NEVER answers ANY questions but feels perfectly justified in continuing to ask his own!

:rofl:

I know you are in a bad mood tonight

Your Dems are about to surrender to Pres Bush on their surrender bill

I know you are in a bad mood tonight

Your Dems are about to surrender to Pres Bush on their surrender bill

bad mood? What are you talking about? I just got back from winning all the money in my company golf league.... the Red Sox are beating the Yankees and you just made me laugh my ass off. I am in a GREAT mood!

The troops will get their funding. America is pissed that the president vetoed the original bill... that will hurt republicans in the long run.... if we weren't losing more Americans every day in the war in Iraq, life would be marvelous all around.

Forum List

Back