US Troops Want To Stay

bad mood? What are you talking about? I just got back from winning all the money in my company golf league.... the Red Sox are beating the Yankees and you just made me laugh my ass off. I am in a GREAT mood!

The troops will get their funding. America is pissed that the president vetoed the original bill... that will hurt republicans in the long run.... if we weren't losing more Americans every day in the war in Iraq, life would be marvelous all around.

So is that why the Dems are giving up on their surrender demand?

The 27% approval rating must be first in their minds as they cave to Pres Bush

So much for "doing the will of the American people"

So is that why the Dems are giving up on their surrender demand?

The 27% approval rating must be first in their minds as they cave to Pres Bush

So much for "doing the will of the American people"

no...they withdrew the deadlines because the don't have a veto proof majority. Americans clearly supported their original funding bill that included the deadlines.... the republicans will suffer because of Bush's veto and because the carnage to American troops in accelerating.

And you really need to take note of those polls that do differentiate between the public's view of democratic congressional performance versus republican congressional performance..... as bad as you want to claim the democrats are doing, the republicans are doing even worse.... perhaps you could find something less ridiculous to crow about.

no...they withdrew the deadlines because the don't have a veto proof majority. Americans clearly supported their original funding bill that included the deadlines.... the republicans will suffer because of Bush's veto and because the carnage to American troops in accelerating.

And you really need to take note of those polls that do differentiate between the public's view of democratic congressional performance versus republican congressional performance..... as bad as you want to claim the democrats are doing, the republicans are doing even worse.... perhaps you could find something less ridiculous to crow about.

They caved MM

Your kook base is fit to be tied tonight

The Dems do not have the political guts to do what they claim is the right thing to do

If they are so certain the war is lost - they should cut off funding

They caved MM

Your kook base is fit to be tied tonight

The Dems do not have the political guts to do what they claim is the right thing to do

If they are so certain the war is lost - they should cut off funding

like I said...they didn't have a veto proof majority. WHy continue to throw a hissy fit. they made their point. Americans agreed with democrats that there ought to be deadlines for troop withdrawal...the veto hurt your party. If the far left doesn't like it, I could give a shit.... the MIDDLE of America liked the democrat's plan for Iraq.

like I said...they didn't have a veto proof majority. WHy continue to throw a hissy fit. they made their point. Americans agreed with democrats that there ought to be deadlines for troop withdrawal...the veto hurt your party. If the far left doesn't like it, I could give a shit.... the MIDDLE of America liked the democrat's plan for Iraq.

Keep spinning and watch your party go down the drain MM

Their arrogrance took over and they fell on their ass

Good news for Amercia and the troops

Keep spinning and watch your party go down the drain MM

Their arrogrance took over and they fell on their ass

Good news for Amercia and the troops

keep running away from the fact that the republicans in congress AND the president poll MUCH worse than the democrats in congress.

Keep running away from the FACT that 57% of Americans wanted to fund the troops with withdrawal deadlines and were PISSED that Bush vetoed it.

keep running away from the fact that the republicans in congress AND the president poll MUCH worse than the democrats in congress.

Keep running away from the FACT that 57% of Americans wanted to fund the troops with withdrawal deadlines and were PISSED that Bush vetoed it.

I could give a shit what the LA times thinks..the MIDDLE of America is behind the democrat's plan to end the war in Iraq...the MIDDLE of America is pissed at Bush for vetoing it. The MIDDLE of America knows who is fucking up and who isn't. you can't spin away from that.... all you can do is throw up more cut and paste op-ed pieces to try and cover up the fact that you really don't even KNOW how to string fifteen words together and formulate an argument on your own.

I could give a shit what the LA times thinks..the MIDDLE of America is behind the democrat's plan to end the war in Iraq...the MIDDLE of America is pissed at Bush for vetoing it. The MIDDLE of America knows who is fucking up and who isn't. you can't spin away from that.... all you can do is throw up more cut and paste op-ed pieces to try and cover up the fact that you really don't even KNOW how to string fifteen words together and formulate an argument on your own.

Now you do not care what the liberal media thinks?

My you are on a short fuse

You are willing for Amercia to surredner to terrorists - but you get really pissed off when the Dems surrender to Pres Bush

Now you do not care what the liberal media thinks?

My you are on a short fuse

You are willing for Amercia to surredner to terrorists - but you get really pissed off when the Dems surrender to Pres Bush

I don't care what the liberal media thinks. I care what the rank and file democrats think, and I care what the independent voters think, and I care what the middle of America thinks.

I have never suggested that America surrender to terrorists.... I have pointed out to you how a strong majority of the MIDDLE of America supported the democrat's funding plan with deadlines and how a strong majority of MIDDLE America is pissed at Bush for vetoing it. I have never suggested that I was pissed at democrats for compromising with the president in the least. I am all for it. The political damage has already been done to your party....time to move on, fund the troops....keep the issue before the people.... I am not pissed off when dems act pragmatically at all...I challenge you to find any statement of mine which shows me pissed at congressional democrats for their moves regarding troop funding.

I don't care what the liberal media thinks. I care what the rank and file democrats think, and I care what the independent voters think, and I care what the middle of America thinks.

I have never suggested that America surrender to terrorists.... I have pointed out to you how a strong majority of the MIDDLE of America supported the democrat's funding plan with deadlines and how a strong majority of MIDDLE America is pissed at Bush for vetoing it. I have never suggested that I was pissed at democrats for compromising with the president in the least. I am all for it. The political damage has already been done to your party....time to move on, fund the troops....keep the issue before the people.... I am not pissed off when dems act pragmatically at all...I challenge you to find any statement of mine which shows me pissed at congressional democrats for their moves regarding troop funding.

Personally, just like the article said (and what fine article that is RSR, thanks for sharing), YOU and "middle" America, who are the ones bitching about this war, are not the ones fighting it. The men and women overseas are fighting this war, they know what they're doing, they realize that it's hard, but they want it to work and they believe they can make it work. As for YOU and "middle" America, ya'll get the nice horrible images on the MSM every night and when you get tired of the media's picture of the war, you just go n turn your T.V. off n do something else.

Give it break, this is a WAR, that means people die, and civilians die, and approval ratings will most undoubtedly go DOWN, but, that doesn't mean there isn't a chance. And instead of putting our tail in between our legs and high tailing it outta there, how bout we take the risk, do what we gotta do and stand next to the Iraqi's, like we promised, and help them build a country worth living in. I, for one, will not see that country just become some scum hole for the rest of it's existence. We're there now, we've committed to the effort, let's get it done and stop bitching.

You wanna talk about deaths and trying to stop em, how bout you start focusing on drunk drivers and such, which cause 40,000 deaths annually in the U.S., whereas this 4 year war, has caused less then 4,000, which is not good either way, but not a bad number for 4 years. Chill out, and support our troops and what they say. We're doing the right thing.

Here is what your rank and file Dems think MM

Now that the Vichy Democrats have staged another surrender to Bush, we must analyze the reasons behind their treasonous collaboration with the American dictator Bush. Can we say that the Beltway Democrats covet Iraq's OIL as much as the GOP?

Democrats drop “withdrawal” deadlines as administration mulls post-surge Iraq

By Bill Van Auken
23 May 2007

With just days left until Congress goes into its Memorial Day recess, the Democratic leadership has reportedly dropped any proposal for a timeline for partial withdrawal of US troops from Iraq as part of a new war-funding bill.

The Democrats’ abandonment of this principal prop in their antiwar charade comes as the Bush administration is reported to be in discussions on what shape US policy will take in the aftermath of the present military “surge” that has poured tens of thousands of more American combat troops into Baghdad and Anbar province.

Behind the media reports of a showdown between Democrats and Republicans over the Iraq war, what in reality appears to be emerging in Washington is a bipartisan consensus on a strategy that would continue the US occupation of the oil-rich country for many years to come.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x283028

RSR....sometimes, I think you are purposely thick. Do you, or do you not understand the concept of a "veto-proof" majority?

just answer that question....please.

RSR....sometimes, I think you are purposely thick. Do you, or do you not understand the concept of a "veto-proof" majority?

just answer that question....please.

I understand what the word "surrender" means

Dems wanted the US to surrender to terrorists, but they ended up surrendering to Pres Bush

(and the liberal base is pissed) :rofl:

well...we have proven over and over again that, despite your blustery protestations to the contrary, you do NOT know what the word "surrender" means....and I can only take by your refusal to address it, that you do not know what the term "veto-proof majority" means either.

Like trying to talk to a cow.

well...we have proven over and over again that, despite your blustery protestations to the contrary, you do NOT know what the word "surrender" means....and I can only take by your refusal to address it, that you do not know what the term "veto-proof majority" means either.

Like trying to talk to a cow.

MM, don't talk to me - talk to your base

I could not be happier over the ineptness of the Dems

The base are the ones who are pissed off

Here is sample from the "rank and file Democrats" MM

It is from the NY Times - hardly a right wing website

1.May 23rd,
1:58 am Once again, the Dems have shown themselves to be nothing but Republicans Lite. If they want to win the presidential election they are going to have to do better than that. I for one, have no interest in Republicans Lite. I want to vote for a Democrat!

— Posted by Lisa Roth
2.May 23rd,
2:03 am I have always said Democrats are just like Republicans but for a few details. They claim to be different and do things to make it look that way. But, in the end, their policy is the same. Whether it’s because they have no backbone or they have interests that pressure them to do so it makes little difference.

— Posted by michael howard
3.May 23rd,
2:03 am Democrats are so afraid of appearing weak that they appear weak. The best we can hope for is that they’ll just shut-up. Their hot air is likely a major cause of global warming.

— Posted by Tim Mooring
4.May 23rd,
2:05 am Senator McCain summed it up when he said you either win a war or lose a war…no in between.
The media qnd the Democrats have misjudged the American people

— Posted by Eugene J. Barker
5.May 23rd,
2:06 am This is a disaster for the country, and a misreading of national politics by the Democrats in the Senate. If it is sustained by a vote in congress, it will provoke a fatalism and isolationism that will reverberate for years to come. Most Americans want out of this war. The longer the U.S. is in Iraq, the more bitter, alienated and polarized the electorate will become.

— Posted by Roger
6.May 23rd,
2:08 am Further evidence that there is, in fact, only one political party in the United States: the corporate-interest party. Sadly, it appears, that our “leaders”, and I use the term loosely, lack the moral fiber and/or intellectual courage to face down the special interests. This on the day Al Gore’s “The Assault on Reason” hits the stands. Jimmy Carter’s words were, as it turns out, neither inappropriate nor misplaced.

— Posted by Andrew Grenier
7.May 23rd,
2:09 am Off the top of my head, it is a terrible blow to the Democrats. I compels me to wonder what happened behind closed doors. This President does not need any more power, and some Democrats have just handed it to him.

Why could the democrats have just held their ground?

— Posted by Mike Peterson
http://news.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/23/democrats-pull-troop-deadline-from-iraq-bill/#comment

Great picture on the front page of the NY Times

Looks like White Flag harry is surrendering to Pres Bush dosen't it?

Attachments

• $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 44
MM, don't talk to me - talk to your base

I could not be happier over the ineptness of the Dems

The base are the ones who are pissed off

silly boy.

what you fail to understand is: your party and president has so polarized America and has staked out their position so far to the right, that the power players in the democratic party can run right to the middle and stand there and hold that middle ground and not really worry about how much the far left whines.... the far left has nowhere to go. the far left hates George Bush and his ilk so much that they will turn out to vote for ANY democrat just to make sure you guys go away. They may whine and bitch and threaten to withhold contributions, but it is all just bluster on their part. They know they need to back a winner...they know that winner needs to be a democrat...and they know that if they don't open up their wallets, that they will have zero access to the winners. Let the left whine...they'll come home. where else can they go? lol

silly boy.

what you fail to understand is: your party and president has so polarized America and has staked out their position so far to the right, that the power players in the democratic party can run right to the middle and stand there and hold that middle ground and not really worry about how much the far left whines.... the far left has nowhere to go. the far left hates George Bush and his ilk so much that they will turn out to vote for ANY democrat just to make sure you guys go away. They may whine and bitch and threaten to withhold contributions, but it is all just bluster on their part. They know they need to back a winner...they know that winner needs to be a democrat...and they know that if they don't open up their wallets, that they will have zero access to the winners. Let the left whine...they'll come home. where else can they go? lol

MM you muight want to jump on some the lib messageboards and clam your buddies down

Libs are the ones who have divided the country. Their hate and rage is now out of control

Forum List

Back