USA food supply....

There has been a disturbing uptick in fires at food processing plants in just the last year...there was a private plane crash into a food plant just today....in the recent past cyber-attacks and ransomware threats have been made at food plants in America... the government is saying its all coincidental....

I've voiced this warning here before... prepare for an interruption in the supply of food and water...don't be caught off guard...I've got everyone in my family stocking up on survival food and water....its time to get serious...

We already have interruptions in the food supply.
Every week for the past 2 years the grocery store is always out of something.

Overweight fat people are always afraid the food supply will decrease.
There is no food shortage in the stores I shop.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I hate to be snarky, but......but the good poster Moonglow is hinting at an observation I made on my own.
To wit, yesterday on the beach at my Florida sabbatical I noticed pretty much the same thing as Moonglow did, no shortage of food -- or fat people.

Maybe a dose of 'food shortage' will be far better for the health of Americans than all that fussin' over ObamaCare?
Let them eat wild rasberries!

Bookmarking this thread for future fun.

I can't wait to see the Chinese guy yelling on his phone at the CCP, only this time he's now a Chinese-American yelling at the duopoly.

Mostly temporary caused by frantic buyers.
The shortages now are not temporary.

They are in my neck of the woods. One day a couple months ago my main two stores were totally out of chicken breast. Ended up going to Aldi's and buy a bunch and freezing them. Two days later when I ran in the store to get some fresh fish the coolers were again full of chicken breast.

Last Sunday I was in WalMart to get stuff for lasagna and was thinking about being lazy and not making my own noodles. They shelves for pasta were wiped, not a lasagna noodle to be found. Which was fine, mine are better anyhow.

In the store Thursday and the pasta shelves were full once again.

Seems to be more a labor/supply issue than an actual food shortage

They are in my neck of the woods. One day a couple months ago my main two stores were totally out of chicken breast. Ended up going to Aldi's and buy a bunch and freezing them. Two days later when I ran in the store to get some fresh fish the coolers were again full of chicken breast.

Last Sunday I was in WalMart to get stuff for lasagna and was thinking about being lazy and not making my own noodles. They shelves for pasta were wiped, not a lasagna noodle to be found. Which was fine, mine are better anyhow.

Yes.... but that is never the less - shortages by definition.
These times have tested the heavily depended upon "Just in Time" food supply chain.
It is a system that was designed to allow corporations to completely take over the American grocery business. And it obviously worked.
This system also destroyed most family farms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • "Our own gov."
  • "Globalist monsters"
  • "apocalypitic famine"
  • "cultlike ideology"
I love this bar!!
Everyone does while the drink is flowing. Though some folk tend to lose their enthusiasm when the tab comes due...

Yes.... but that is never the less - shortages by definition.
These times have tested the heavily depended upon "Just in Time" food supply chain.

These times have tested heavily the JIT system for just about everything. I think the love affair with it will be a thing of the past.

This system also destroyed most family farms.

Tis a myth.

In 2017 there were just over 2 million farms in the US. 85% of those were under 500 acers, 68% were under 200 acres.

These times have tested heavily the JIT system for just about everything. I think the love affair with it will be a thing of the past.

Tis a myth.

In 2017 there were just over 2 million farms in the US. 85% of those were under 500 acers, 68% were under 200 acres.
I live in Southern Indiana. Born in 1965.
I saw first hand the devastation of family farms everywhere.
Everywhere.
Most "family farms" now - are not really family farms. They lease their land growth to big Agri that tells them what to plant and how much. Same with livestock. If you Google about beef and family farms, Google will tell you 97% of beef is from family farms. Which is garbage. Today just over 40% of "family farms" are leased by big Agri.

In this cas it is due to a virus killing chickens.

I live in Southern Indiana. Born in 1965.
I saw first hand the devastation of family farms everywhere.
Everywhere.
Most "family farms" now - are not really family farms. They lease their land growth to big Agri that tells them what to plant and how much. Same with livestock. If you Google about beef and family farms, Google will tell you 97% of beef is from family farms. Which is garbage. Today just over 40% of "family farms" are leased by big Agri.

I live in Southern Ill. My profession is in the Ag industry. The death of the family farm is vastly overblown

I live in Southern Ill. My profession is in the Ag industry. The death of the family farm is vastly overblown
Yeah... no.
The family farm is a facade.
Many don't even own the buildings on their land, don't own the crops and most certainly don't own the seed. They are basically employees.

Forum List

Back