USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel better, Fox I should have stayed in bed, too.

I started staining a table I stripped and sanded, outside, only to have birds poo on it...ewww

Btwn coats I decided to clean the lazy Susan I keep cooking oils on only to have it come unglued- an hour later -and spill bottles of seasoned oil all over the place. Scared me to death! So before I get it fully cleaned up I slip in some oil I missed and toppled a stool, breaking that. So's I go to get the spare stool only to find someone (probably me) left a watering can on it so it has a big white water mark on it.

If its true bad things come in three, the rest of my day is looking good :lol:

Okay guys, what's a "Knees Up?" One of our frequent volunteers at the theatre has passed and they're having a "Knees Up" to celebrate her life. She was a wonderful person. Always energetic and sassy. She was in her 90's and had more energy than I have. She'll be missed.

A joyful way to celebrate a person's life upon their death.

knees-up [neez-uhp]
noun British Informal.
a party or lively gathering, usually including dancing.

Comes from this old cockney song.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RED_7HNogDw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RED_7HNogDw[/ame]

Feel better, Fox I should have stayed in bed, too.

I started staining a table I stripped and sanded, outside, only to have birds poo on it...ewww

Btwn coats I decided to clean the lazy Susan I keep cooking oils on only to have it come unglued- an hour later -and spill bottles of seasoned oil all over the place. Scared me to death! So before I get it fully cleaned up I slip in some oil I missed and toppled a stool, breaking that. So's I go to get the spare stool only to find someone (probably me) left a watering can on it so it has a big white water mark on it.

If its true bad things come in three, the rest of my day is looking good :lol:

Aw sweetie, make yourself a cup of hot chocolate and chill out. This too will pass. Our mom's always told us there would be days like that, and how true it is. What they didn't tell us is how many of them there would be. :)

I just made us some pretty good tuna sandwiches for lunch garnished with the cut veggies left over from Uncle Ed's birthday dinner--celery, baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower. Didn't have any ranch dressing or dip so used my coleslaw dressing to dip the veggies in. That may be our preference from now on. :)

I just made us some pretty good tuna sandwiches for lunch garnished with the cut veggies left over from Uncle Ed's birthday dinner--celery, baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower. Didn't have any ranch dressing or dip so used my coleslaw dressing to dip the veggies in. That may be our preference from now on. :)

That sounds so good to me right now. Love tuna, celery and egg salad with just salt and pepper and mayo. You guys really eat well, love to see my friends taking the time to do that.

My daughter and son in law are taking me to dinner for Mother's Day since they'll be on vacation Sunday so I just didn't have lunch today.

(We went to my favorite Mexican place, Venturas. Fabulous as always.)

Last edited:
And now for something completely different. How to open your third eye.

Sit quietly in a darkened room. Say a prayer to lift your vibrations to higher planes.
Then close your eyes, and look straight ahead. Think of a lotus flower in your forhead and imagine the petals opening. Try to see a spot of light. If you see a spot of light try to keep watching it, and try to expand it out wards. When you have finished make an equal effort to imagine the flower closing again.

And if we manage to open that 'third eye', is there a benefit to expect?

Okay guys, what's a "Knees Up?" One of our frequent volunteers at the theatre has passed and they're having a "Knees Up" to celebrate her life. She was a wonderful person. Always energetic and sassy. She was in her 90's and had more energy than I have. She'll be missed.

knees-up [neez-uhp]
noun British Informal.

Well, she was definitely British.

knees-up [neez-uhp]
noun British Informal.

There you go!

I was thinking it was maybe aerobic activity for the, uh, somewhat older generation. Like, uh, jump-rope!

:D

knees-up [neez-uhp]
noun British Informal.

There you go!

I was thinking it was maybe aerobic activity for the, uh, somewhat older generation. Like, uh, jump-rope!

:D

If this member of the 'older generation' tried to jump rope today, it would probably require mobilization of every paramedic in town to deal with the carnage. :)

Okay Foxy, you can add Andrew to your prayer list. they're going to move him into another apartment where he will have his own bathroom. If you remember what he went through when he first moved in with this organization, it was hell. I wanted to just bring him home things were so bad, but we toughed it out and he got better and now he's doing great. I'm so terrified of what this new move is going to do to him.

Okay Foxy, you can add Andrew to your prayer list. they're going to move him into another apartment where he will have his own bathroom. If you remember what he went through when he first moved in with this organization, it was hell. I wanted to just bring him home things were so bad, but we toughed it out and he got better and now he's doing great. I'm so terrified of what this new move is going to do to him.

Why would they do that when they know someone as severely autistic as Andrew doesn't tolerate any form of change? But of course I will put him (and you) on the list.

Why would they do that when they know someone as severely autistic as Andrew doesn't tolerate any form of change? But of course I will put him (and you) on the list.

There's only one bathroom in the apartment he is in now and he monopolizes it, pulling others actually off the toilet if they are there when he wants to go. They want to put him in an apartment where he'll have his own toilet. I understand the reasoning, I'm just scared half to death of going through what we went through before.

10273423_228750250652489_8434298853976701056_n.jpg

There's only one bathroom in the apartment he is in now and he monopolizes it, pulling others actually off the toilet if they are there when he wants to go. They want to put him in an apartment where he'll have his own toilet. I understand the reasoning, I'm just scared half to death of going through what we went through before.

You and him are in my prayers.
Hopefully he won't have such a hard time as before.
After it happened he did really well. Hopefully the same will happen again and maybe it won't be as bad or as traumatic for him as it was the first time.

And now for something completely different. How to open your third eye.

Sit quietly in a darkened room. Say a prayer to lift your vibrations to higher planes.
Then close your eyes, and look straight ahead. Think of a lotus flower in your forhead and imagine the petals opening. Try to see a spot of light. If you see a spot of light try to keep watching it, and try to expand it out wards. When you have finished make an equal effort to imagine the flower closing again.

What in the world have you been smoking?

Routine yearly appointment with the sleep apnea doctor went just fine. Well, sort of. He told me that if I didn't let Taco lay on my feet when he was sitting with me in the recliner that my foot would probably not go to sleep. He also said that he was afraid to tell me but I should know that sometime within the next 75 to 80 years I'm going to die. I asked for a second opinion. Some young guy came in the room and said "maybe 90 years." I guess I should start getting my things in order. Maybe I'll wait 20 years or so because I'm in no hurry to clean the garage.

Hello Portland........

Spurs win first game against the Portland Trail Blazers. Don't want to brag, but they really gave them a whooping.

San Antonio Spurs Beat The Portland Trail Blazers In First Game Of Round 2​
Three nights after Damian Lillard made a game-winning shot that shook the league, his Trail Blazers were dominated by the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs dominated the game from the first quarter, scoring the first 8 points of the game and continuing that domiance to a 116-92 victory.

Just got back from the hospital, showed up at my dad's this morning and he was acting like he had a stroke but refused to let me take him to the ER or call an ambulance. Got him to lay down and sleep for about 5 hours, when he woke up he was much worse so I called the ambulance. In route to the ER he became unresponsive, they intubated him and eventually sent him to ICU. We're still not sure what happened, nothing obvious on the CT scan or the x-rays but it does look like something caused him to stroke out. Hopefully we'll know more tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back