USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you declare a party affiliation you are not allowed to vote in NJ primaries. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing! :eusa_whistle:

Stopped in to say hi. Headed up to my dad's for a couple of days to work around the house and yard, he's still having problems with the Pleurisy.

Morning!

th

A beautiful sunny day so far. 49 degrees, but at least the sun is out. Only day of the week it doesn't call for rain. I want summer!

Hope y'all have a great day.

Just saw my first hummingbird of the spring here in northwestern Illinois. Must be going to stay a while because he had a tiny suitcase.

Up early here this morning. Had my coffee. It's nice outside. They say low 80's today! Also maybe some rain. Have to go to Rockford for a routine doctor's appointment this afternoon. Had my grass cut for the first time this season yesterday. Yard looks pretty nice. Taco's being lazy this morning. Birds are chirping. That about sums it all up for this part of the woods. Hope everybody has a nice day.

Your day is off to a grand start, BBD. Your attitude is a positive one. You are appreciating the best things life has to offer. A great handsome dog who loves you, and only a routine Dr's visit, and a peaceful-looking lawn with birds chirping as they welcome this beautiful time of year for most people....spring. :thup:

Foxy, you can take my dad off the list now. He's well recovering. :) Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, folks. :)

That is really good news, Noomi! :)

Foxy, you can take me off the sore back list since today was my last PT day. I will be substituting PT with gym exercises instead. :D Only part I am not going to miss is driving back from PT directly into the rising sun for 30 minutes.

So happy midweek, everyone. Just made myself toasted cheese and Marmite for breakfast. In case you are wondering what the toast looks like once the Marmite goes on.

img_0408.jpg

And this is what it looks like once the cheese is toasted.

Cheese_on_toast-11.jpg

You either love Marmite or you hate it. But this reminds me that when I was first in my first apartment I had a cat that I sort of inherited from a girlfriend who moved on but left the cat behind.

I recall coming home late one Sunday evening to a starving cat and discovering that there was no cat food at all. So I took the stale bread, toasted it, spread it with Marmite and cut it into small pieces and gave it to the cat. Now I am not sure if she was purring just because I had fed her or because she enjoyed the Marmite toast but she finished all of it. :D

OOHHH....STOP THIS!!! I will overeat my breakfast cereal. Two cups instead of one. :lol:

Okay guys, what's a "Knees Up?" One of our frequent volunteers at the theatre has passed and they're having a "Knees Up" to celebrate her life. She was a wonderful person. Always energetic and sassy. She was in her 90's and had more energy than I have. She'll be missed.

Stopped in to say hi. Headed up to my dad's for a couple of days to work around the house and yard, he's still having problems with the Pleurisy.

That's a nice gesture. I'm sure your dad will appreciate it very much, and also enjoy your company. You will remember this long after and will be glad you took the time....:smiliehug:

Okay guys, what's a "Knees Up?" One of our frequent volunteers at the theatre has passed and they're having a "Knees Up" to celebrate her life. She was a wonderful person. Always energetic and sassy. She was in her 90's and had more energy than I have. She'll be missed.

A joyful way to celebrate a person's life upon their death.

knees-up [neez-uhp]
noun British Informal.
a party or lively gathering, usually including dancing.

A beautiful sunny day so far. 49 degrees, but at least the sun is out. Only day of the week it doesn't call for rain. I want summer!

Hope y'all have a great day.

We're having a cloudy day, but we want the rain, so I'm kinda glad...hope it rains. The forecast is that we will get some rain, probably tomorrow...sure hope so.

Enjoy your sunshine - :)

Good morning all.

I was feeling poorly this morning and decided to stay in bed and see if I could sleep it off. But by close to 10 a.m. I was really bored with both feeling poorly and trying to sleep so I'm up and just ignoring the whole thing.

Happily taking DT's back and Noomi's dad off the vigil list; putting Ringel's dad on. But it's always a good thing to be taking more folks off because things are better than putting folks on.

DT made me look up 'mermite' to see what the heck that is. And I still don't know. :)

And Mertex is right, a 'knee's up' in the case of Sheila's departed associate would be a celebration of a life in a joyful manner--most commonly celebrated among those in theater, musicians, etc.

Now I'm trying to decide if I'm hungry or not, and if I am what I am hungry for.

Sorry to hear that you're feeling a bit under the weather today, Foxy. Hope you're better real soon.

I have put on clean socks in preparation for my doctor's appointment this afternoon. I'm going to see my Sleep Apnea doctor for the yearly check-up. I want him to take a look at my right foot cause sometimes when I sit in my recliner, with Taco laying between my legs down by my feet, my right foot goes to sleep. He's a sleep doctor so he might have an idea of why my foot goes to sleep like that when I'm in my recliner.

And now for something completely different. How to open your third eye.

Sit quietly in a darkened room. Say a prayer to lift your vibrations to higher planes.
Then close your eyes, and look straight ahead. Think of a lotus flower in your forhead and imagine the petals opening. Try to see a spot of light. If you see a spot of light try to keep watching it, and try to expand it out wards. When you have finished make an equal effort to imagine the flower closing again.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back