USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. BBD is in the kitchen making up her "Nearly World-Famous Meat Loaf". That's nice but I was really hoping for hot dogs and mac and cheese... I'm particularly fond of hot dogs and mac and cheese. She said I should have said something sooner. Well, gosh. How could I do that? I just got hungry a few minutes ago.:confused:

Mrs Te wants home made from scratch Macaroni Cheese for tomorrow with real ingredients. It is a family recipe that requires the layering of sliced tomato in with the pasta. Miss Te figured out how to make the gluten free version taste just the same so that is what we are having for Mothers Day.

It's not a good idea to screw around with mac and cheese. Needs to be made the way that God intended it to be made, i.e., right out of the Kraft box...:lol:

Letting everyone know, my dad took a turn for the worse last night, after we got the word the wife and I were in the car headed up to Springs when my brother texted me that my dad passed peacefully at 1:25, we were still an hour out. Been busy all day going through his paperwork, and other personal items to see who we needed to give official notification to, etc. My brother's been notifying everyone and my wife's doing more house cleaning. My next youngest brother is the executor of the will but lives in Alabama and is very busy, might see if he can transfer that responsibility over to me. Looking for a probate attorney now.

So very sorry to hear this, my friend. Wasn't long ago I lost my paw, so that pain you're now in is fresh in my mind. May the Lord lighten your load and be with your family in this time of loss.

Mrs. BBD is in the kitchen making up her "Nearly World-Famous Meat Loaf". That's nice but I was really hoping for hot dogs and mac and cheese... I'm particularly fond of hot dogs and mac and cheese. She said I should have said something sooner. Well, gosh. How could I do that? I just got hungry a few minutes ago.:confused:

Mrs Te wants home made from scratch Macaroni Cheese for tomorrow with real ingredients. It is a family recipe that requires the layering of sliced tomato in with the pasta. Miss Te figured out how to make the gluten free version taste just the same so that is what we are having for Mothers Day.

It's not a good idea to screw around with mac and cheese. Needs to be made the way that God intended it to be made, i.e., right out of the Kraft box...:lol:
I'd take the Meat Loaf any day. I could probably eat Meat Loaf a couple times a week. In fact, if I had to pick one thing I could eat each day and never eat anything else, it would probably look something like this...

Sunday: Reuben sandwich
Monday: Meat Loaf
Tuesday: Pizza
Wednesday: Ham, cheese, green pepper, onion, mushroon omelet
Thursday: Lasagna
Friday: Fish
Saturday: Fried Chicken

Last edited:
So I looked outside this morning and saw a BEAUTIFUL day, and said to myself, "self, today we're going to get the final fabrication done on the wood splitter." So that's what I did. (After I checked out that auction). Got the new engine mounts all fabbed up and welded into place, the new motor mounted in and WA-LA, the wood splitter is WORKING... :dance:

I split a couple pieces of the big stuff that's not really dried yet, and this thing went through it like BUTTER. I have no idea why the person that built it used such a huge pump, or such a massive hydraulic cylinder, but I'm not going to complain. I'm guilty of over building things myself. Hell I'm happy, I paid $200 for the machine, cleaned it up and cut off half a ton of excess metal and unneeded things, popped for a $350 new engine and $15 for a couple new tires, so have $565 invested, but wouldn't sell it for anything less than a grand. I won't be selling it though. Thing is massive and cool and works like a top.

Had to shut everything down early this afternoon though because it started to rain. When I get into splitting the pile I'll get some pics. Ole Spoonman and me, a couple wood splittin' fools... :lol:

Last edited:
charlie-comes-home.jpeg

Letting everyone know, my dad took a turn for the worse last night, after we got the word the wife and I were in the car headed up to Springs when my brother texted me that my dad passed peacefully at 1:25, we were still an hour out. Been busy all day going through his paperwork, and other personal items to see who we needed to give official notification to, etc. My brother's been notifying everyone and my wife's doing more house cleaning. My next youngest brother is the executor of the will but lives in Alabama and is very busy, might see if he can transfer that responsibility over to me. Looking for a probate attorney now.

My deepest sympathies, Ringel.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Ringel and his family as they prepare for the final goodbye for his dad,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Today is Mother's Day. I would like to wish all the Mothers a very happy and joyous Mother's Day and I hope each of you is treated like a queen today. There is truth in the saying "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."

I always loved the way my daughter called me Mama. She still does, it's so endearing. She and her husband are on vacation so I won't get to see her today but I'm definately thinking about my girl.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back