USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
61a94b954348e329de9433aa12b9cdd2.jpg

Mornin' all Dreary day in Lower Alabama with rain in the forecast. The magnolias are in bloom. For you northern folk that haven't seen a real magnolia blossom, consider that this thing smells like a lemon and is 11" across.

Attachments

• $magnolia3.JPG
    $magnolia3.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 14
Mornin' all Dreary day in Lower Alabama with rain in the forecast. The magnolias are in bloom. For you northern folk that haven't seen a real magnolia blossom, consider that this thing smells like a lemon and is 11" across.

I have a very tall Southern Magnolia tree in my front yard...love the aroma from the blooms.

Good morning everybody. We're looking for a beautiful day here in central New Mexico with calm winds and a high in the low 80's. Tomorrow, Mother's Day, is also supposed to be pleasant, and then we are in for another cold snap with lows's in the low 40's, highs in the low 60's. Uncommonly cold for us in mid May. Hope that doesn't translate into another snowstorm for those of you north and east.

Pondering what to make for lunch. Tuna sandwiches? That sounds good to me. Just talked with our daughter who is leaving today for a two-week European vacation with the highlight scheduled to be Transylvania. :) (She has never been one to do the expected.)

But so far today, life is good. So sending out positive vibes for a great Saturday for all. :)

What happened to my sign off post last night? I stopped in just before midnight and posted it. Or so I thought. I failed to hit the send button maybe?

Anyhow, what I put in it was a comment on Alan's post yesterday about worrying about getting all mushy when he dances with his daughter at her wedding. Frankly, I had never thought of Alan as one of the soft hearted, teary eyed types. :) And then I played the song they selected and I immediately got tears in my eyes and I understood. And all the Flanders Field posts that followed didn't help.

And I had to say again what an amazing bunch of people you all are. I feel privileged to know you even in such a limited way in this weird medium.

My Mom used to sing this song to me. Y'all can sing along if you want.

M is for the million things she gave me

O means that she's growing old

T is for the tears she shed to save me

H is for her heart that's pure as gold

E is for her eyes with love light shining

R means right and right she'll always be

Put them all together they spell MOTHER. The word that means the world to me

What happened to my sign off post last night? I stopped in just before midnight and posted it. Or so I thought. I failed to hit the send button maybe?

Anyhow, what I put in it was a comment on Alan's post yesterday about worrying about getting all mushy when he dances with his daughter at her wedding. Frankly, I had never thought of Alan as one of the soft hearted, teary eyed types. :) And then I played the song they selected and I immediately got tears in my eyes and I understood. And all the Flanders Field posts that followed didn't help.

And I had to say again what an amazing bunch of people you all are. I feel privileged to know you even in such a limited way in this weird medium.

One of friends was openly crying when he was watching his eldest son having the first dance with his new bride. He wasn't ashamed, he was crying with happiness. Yes, it is OK to not only feel emotions but to express them too.

Good morning. boy did we have a storm yesterday, thunder and everything, that doesn't usually happen around here. Now it looks like the sun may come out today. I hope so. I want a nice weekend. Wishing all the moms here a happy mother's day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back