USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Saturday afternoon here in northwestern Illinois... Been watching Ed, the guy who farms our place, getting the fields ready to plant some corn. A little late but the weather hasn't been the best for farming but it's pretty good right now. Soon the corn will be popping up from under the ground and you can almost hear it growing. Nothing is better than living on a farm.

Spent the morning over in PA......

A lot of work but a true honor to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6LKdnfNls&feature=youtu.be

Ollie, that is awesome. On Syrenn's Friday Five thread, one of the five questions asked today was how do you want to be remembered after you are gone. You are one person who won't have much choice in that. You are a true patriot and all round noble and good person to do this kind of work. And I think many will remember you for it.

Thanks to Bloodrock for the heads up--I flat forgot to check for birthdays today, and Mertex is also a Coffee Shop regular. So of course we can't let the occasion go uncommemorated here:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERTEX!!!!

ctck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent the morning over in PA......

A lot of work but a true honor to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6LKdnfNls&feature=youtu.be

Ollie, that is awesome. On Syrenn's Friday Five thread, one of the five questions asked today was how do you want to be remembered after you are gone. You are one person who won't have much choice in that. You are a true patriot and all round noble and good person to do this kind of work. And I think many will remember you for it.

Absolutely, Foxy!

Letting everyone know, my dad took a turn for the worse last night, after we got the word the wife and I were in the car headed up to Springs when my brother texted me that my dad passed peacefully at 1:25, we were still an hour out. Been busy all day going through his paperwork, and other personal items to see who we needed to give official notification to, etc. My brother's been notifying everyone and my wife's doing more house cleaning. My next youngest brother is the executor of the will but lives in Alabama and is very busy, might see if he can transfer that responsibility over to me. Looking for a probate attorney now.

Letting everyone know, my dad took a turn for the worse last night, after we got the word the wife and I were in the car headed up to Springs when my brother texted me that my dad passed peacefully at 1:25, we were still an hour out. Been busy all day going through his paperwork, and other personal items to see who we needed to give official notification to, etc. My brother's been notifying everyone and my wife's doing more house cleaning. My next youngest brother is the executor of the will but lives in Alabama and is very busy, might see if he can transfer that responsibility over to me. Looking for a probate attorney now.

My sincere condolences, Ringel.

funeral-flowers.jpg

My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Mrs. BBD is in the kitchen making up her "Nearly World-Famous Meat Loaf". That's nice but I was really hoping for hot dogs and mac and cheese... I'm particularly fond of hot dogs and mac and cheese. She said I should have said something sooner. Well, gosh. How could I do that? I just got hungry a few minutes ago.:confused:

Mrs. BBD is in the kitchen making up her "Nearly World-Famous Meat Loaf". That's nice but I was really hoping for hot dogs and mac and cheese... I'm particularly fond of hot dogs and mac and cheese. She said I should have said something sooner. Well, gosh. How could I do that? I just got hungry a few minutes ago.:confused:

Mrs Te wants home made from scratch Macaroni Cheese for tomorrow with real ingredients. It is a family recipe that requires the layering of sliced tomato in with the pasta. Miss Te figured out how to make the gluten free version taste just the same so that is what we are having for Mothers Day.

Good day folks. I decided to be spontaneous today, so I decided to eat a whole smoked fish, fry the fish spine, and bake a whole sweet potato in the oven with aluminum foil. :D

Oh Ringel. So sorry. You've had so much on your plate for so long and bless your heart, you're willing to take on even more. Sending all comforting, healing, and strenghtening prayers for you and yours.

I transferred to a new store and discovered that my new boss was someone who used to bully me in high school.

We walk on eggshells around each other, lol.
And now you've been taking martial arts, and can probably kick his/her ass.

Let them be the one that does the walking on egg shells.

Please accept my condolences, Ringel. My prayers are with you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back