USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Mothers Day to all the Mama's here. I am so proud of my daughter for the card she made for her Mama.

0511140826_zps1378e6bb.jpg

What happened to my sign off post last night? I stopped in just before midnight and posted it. Or so I thought. I failed to hit the send button maybe?

Anyhow, what I put in it was a comment on Alan's post yesterday about worrying about getting all mushy when he dances with his daughter at her wedding. Frankly, I had never thought of Alan as one of the soft hearted, teary eyed types. :) And then I played the song they selected and I immediately got tears in my eyes and I understood. And all the Flanders Field posts that followed didn't help.

And I had to say again what an amazing bunch of people you all are. I feel privileged to know you even in such a limited way in this weird medium.

The song I listed was my first thought not necessarily the one I will use. Here are a few more that I thought of.

Little Miss Magic - Jimmy Buffet
I Wish You Love - Dean Martin
I and Love and You - Avett Brothers
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
When You Need Me - Bruce Springsteen
The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
Unforgettable - Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole

I also considered Vivaldi's "Spring" as performed by Sarah Chang on the violin, but at 10 minutes it is way too long.

Last edited:
Mornin' all Dreary day in Lower Alabama with rain in the forecast. The magnolias are in bloom. For you northern folk that haven't seen a real magnolia blossom, consider that this thing smells like a lemon and is 11" across.

I have a very tall Southern Magnolia tree in my front yard...love the aroma from the blooms.

I have 10 or 12 magnolias of varying sizes on the property plus 4 or 5 sweet bay, which are a full size tree, but the leaves and blossoms are nearly identical to, but much smaller than magnolias.

Ringel and TK, please accept my condolences.

So, Alisha has asked that we keep the Wednesday and Saturday poker games going in Royce's memory. We were happy to oblige.

After the memorial service folks moved back to their bar in Magnolia Springs for a reception. A lot of photos of Royce and flowers are still around.

One thing Royce was know for among his friends was his love of a pocket pair of jacks in a Texas Hold-em game. So, yesterday, there is this large photo of Royce sitting on a small service bar directly across the poker table from me. I had kind of been talking to him off and on when I look at my hole cards to find 2 jacks.
Action was in front of me and the pot had been raised twice by the time it got to me.
I pushed all in and had 2 callers. No more betting possible because 2 of us were out of chips, we flipped our cards. Joe had ace Queen, Bill had pocket kings and I had Royce's beloved jacks. Both Bill and Joe jokingly said "Fold. No way to beat that today. Sure enough, the flop was jack, jack, king.
I swear, That photo smiled just a bit wider.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
To everyone who is a mother, grandmother, step-mother or who has or had a mother,
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
mothers_bouquet.jpg
[ame=http://youtu.be/pDmmTfjpDj4]IF I COULD HEAR MY MOTHER PRAY AGAIN - WENDY BAGWELL AND THE SUNLITERS - YouTube[/ame]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back