USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone who is a mother, grandmother, step-mother or who has or had a mother,
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
mothers_bouquet.jpg

Thanks Becki, Happy Mother's Day!

Foxfyre, please put my granddaughter Susan on the prayer list.

The ten year old fell out of the attic to the concrete floor of the garage.

Poor garage, it's in bad shape.

The little girl broke her nose, her wrist, and has a slight skull fracture. The doc just saw her while we were there, says she can go home this afternoon, and should have full recovery with no rehab required.

Bless guardian angels.

Spent the morning over in PA......

A lot of work but a true honor to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6LKdnfNls&feature=youtu.be

I just realized the video only tells half the story.

We had two people from the little village of Edenberg drift over to see who we were. They stood witness as we finished up, went back to our vehicles, put on our American Legion Caps, Grabbed our rifles and Bugle, and fired three volleys and blew taps......

The little girl broke her nose, her wrist, and has a slight skull fracture. The doc just saw her while we were there, says she can go home this afternoon, and should have full recovery with no rehab required.

Bless guardian angels.

Ouch!

That is one lucky girl. Usually, such falls are much more serious.

What happened to my sign off post last night? I stopped in just before midnight and posted it. Or so I thought. I failed to hit the send button maybe?

Anyhow, what I put in it was a comment on Alan's post yesterday about worrying about getting all mushy when he dances with his daughter at her wedding. Frankly, I had never thought of Alan as one of the soft hearted, teary eyed types. :) And then I played the song they selected and I immediately got tears in my eyes and I understood. And all the Flanders Field posts that followed didn't help.

And I had to say again what an amazing bunch of people you all are. I feel privileged to know you even in such a limited way in this weird medium.

The song I listed was my first thought not necessarily the one I will use. Here are a few more that I thought of.

Little Miss Magic - Jimmy Buffet
I Wish You Love - Dean Martin
I and Love and You - Avett Brothers
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
When You Need Me - Bruce Springsteen
The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
Unforgettable - Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole

I also considered Vivaldi's "Spring" as performed by Sarah Chang on the violin, but at 10 minutes it is way too long.

No, I think your first impulse was the right one--just the right mood, right beat, very danceable. Vivaldi's "Spring" not so much though I do love it. But don't worry about length. It is a nice touch for Dad to start out with the Dad and daughter dance, and if it is a long song, let the groom cut in after 2 or 3 minutes and you hand her over. Can be very symbolic. :)

Ringel and TK, please accept my condolences.

So, Alisha has asked that we keep the Wednesday and Saturday poker games going in Royce's memory. We were happy to oblige.

After the memorial service folks moved back to their bar in Magnolia Springs for a reception. A lot of photos of Royce and flowers are still around.

One thing Royce was know for among his friends was his love of a pocket pair of jacks in a Texas Hold-em game. So, yesterday, there is this large photo of Royce sitting on a small service bar directly across the poker table from me. I had kind of been talking to him off and on when I look at my hole cards to find 2 jacks.
Action was in front of me and the pot had been raised twice by the time it got to me.
I pushed all in and had 2 callers. No more betting possible because 2 of us were out of chips, we flipped our cards. Joe had ace Queen, Bill had pocket kings and I had Royce's beloved jacks. Both Bill and Joe jokingly said "Fold. No way to beat that today. Sure enough, the flop was jack, jack, king.
I swear, That photo smiled just a bit wider.

So you, his very best friend, got the pocket jacks. Ernie, I swear when I hear about things like this I get goose bumps all over. And no way do I believe it was just coincidence. :)

Bless guardian angels.

For sure, Jake, and yes. Thank goodness for guardian angels.

Bless guardian angels.

Bless her heart, Jake. Will keep her in my prayers for a quick recovery and no serious aftermath.

And a Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Mamas, Mimi's, Grannies, and Nanas out there giving so much love to their little charges and grown children.

It has been a productive day here at Pimplebutt. The lawns have been mowed and this spring's crop of weeds infesting the front junipers have been yanked. The sidewalk has been swept to within an inch of it' life. Teddy, my brother's dog, was picked up by his thankful family about an hour ago. They were out of town and I was puppy sitting all weekend.

I took photos with my iPad, but I can't figure out how to get them here! I'll take some more snapshots tomorrow with a camera I have used before. Hang in there or tell me how this iPad works!

What happened to my sign off post last night? I stopped in just before midnight and posted it. Or so I thought. I failed to hit the send button maybe?

Anyhow, what I put in it was a comment on Alan's post yesterday about worrying about getting all mushy when he dances with his daughter at her wedding. Frankly, I had never thought of Alan as one of the soft hearted, teary eyed types. :) And then I played the song they selected and I immediately got tears in my eyes and I understood. And all the Flanders Field posts that followed didn't help.

And I had to say again what an amazing bunch of people you all are. I feel privileged to know you even in such a limited way in this weird medium.

The song I listed was my first thought not necessarily the one I will use. Here are a few more that I thought of.

Little Miss Magic - Jimmy Buffet
I Wish You Love - Dean Martin
I and Love and You - Avett Brothers
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
When You Need Me - Bruce Springsteen
The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
Unforgettable - Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole

I also considered Vivaldi's "Spring" as performed by Sarah Chang on the violin, but at 10 minutes it is way too long.

No, I think your first impulse was the right one--just the right mood, right beat, very danceable. Vivaldi's "Spring" not so much though I do love it. But don't worry about length. It is a nice touch for Dad to start out with the Dad and daughter dance, and if it is a long song, let the groom cut in after 2 or 3 minutes and you hand her over. Can be very symbolic. :)
Just within the last hour I was thinking that the groom could cut in on 'Spring' and finish the dance, symbolic.
I'd carry Tangled Up Puppet to the end. Tears included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back