USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! I like it better when people personalize their businesses. Also it is well-know in business that if you, the owner, does your own advertising, on radio or TV, it attracts more business than if you hired an actor or unfamiliar face to promote it. People identify with an owner promoting their business and something in them, wants to help.

Your "foxy" avi will personalize your place of business and lend credibility to it as ppl will expect you to take even greater pride in it and better care of them. It makes them want even more, to come on in.

JMHO. :D

I appreciate that, but balance a concept of "Foxy's Place" against the concept of a universal meeting place that we all mutually share and own, I prefer to go with the mutually owned concept. And again, those who know me well know that the owl has its own significance in relating to me personally too. It just isn't so obvious. :)

i kind of like the little owl thing. it has kind of grown on me and IMO, even though it is relatively new, it is starting to symbolize the CS.

Am i the only one here who doesn't drink coffee

Don't touch the stuff, except in it's frozen form...I clearly don't hang out here for a caffeine fix.;) It's good to have a place where people check their attitudes...out on the rest of the board, I truly enjoy being a sarcastic bitch at times.:D

Yes, the important thing here, is for Foxy to do what she is comfortable with. That in itself, is the first step in the right direction.

But. . . .not to belabor the point, but again I think the important thing is to have a place that everybody who wants a place like the Coffee Shop is comfortable with.

We've obviously missed that mark now and then because of some who wouldn't come in here on a bet and who have said some unkind things about those of us who do come to the Coffee Shop, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the fault of the Coffee Shop. I've called out a few folks who dishonestly misrepresented us elsewhere, but oh well. The fact is everybody isn't going to love everybody, and some just won't 'get it' I guess. I don't know. I'm just appreciative of everybody here, value each and every one of you, and am amazed that we're approaching our fourth anniversary.

It's all good. :)

here is an interesting perspective. there are people here who i have gotten to know pretty well in the CS. We get to know each other as people. We have totally different political views and on some subjects are probably on the opposite spectrum even. but, on the political boards, while we may be disagreeable, we are at least civil, and never carry any baggage away from the disagreements. and that's because we get to know each other as people, not as just political pundits.

It seems normal to me to interact with people who have different perspectives, because that is how it is in my real life. I don't think it's healthy to confine yourself to only like-minded individuals...besides, I have a bit of a rebellious streak and am always inclined to hang out with the "bad" boys and girls.:D My best friend at work is someone who climbed the ranks with me, and in that process we got to know each other...eventually discovering that she was an Obama loving atheist, but by that time I already loved her.:)

i will have to because the home we are retirning to is modest. 2 bedroom, living room, dining room, den kitchen and all season room and a laundry room. good closet space but a fraction of what we have now. the house we have now is 6 berdoom, office, living room family room, kitchen, dining room and a full finished basement with a separate workshop, gym and laundry room. i also have two sheds, 14 x 16 and 24 x 12, plus a 10 x 12 and a 14 x 18 shed and two garages on the property next door. There is no way i could fit even a quarter of my stuff in the shore house.

but the choice we have made is to simplify. plus, i really won't have the need for a lot of the stuff that i do use now.

Place we have now is relatively small, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1600 sq feet. But we have the attic space and the back patio which gives us storage and outdoor living for at least half of the year.

Yes, we have too much stuff and we need to get rid of some of it but I keep refusing because I know if I do Mrs Te is just going to find something to fill it up with again. So I am not going to do anything until we do retire and then I am considering an RV. Just move around like a rolling stone. No hurry to get anywhere and a whole big continent to explore.

Trouble is Mrs Te doesn't like that idea either. So I guess we are just going to have see what transpires.

I don't blame Mrs. T one bit....traveling around in a small house with wheels doesn't appeal to me either. I don't even like to travel, but if I must, I'd rather stay in a comfortable motel and eat at restaurants, instead of taking my kitchen around with me. Now having a summer house (small cabin) up north where it doesn't get to 100 degrees in the summer sounds like a better deal to me....just go during the hottest days, come back for the mild winters.

I appreciate that, but balance a concept of "Foxy's Place" against the concept of a universal meeting place that we all mutually share and own, I prefer to go with the mutually owned concept. And again, those who know me well know that the owl has its own significance in relating to me personally too. It just isn't so obvious. :)

i kind of like the little owl thing. it has kind of grown on me and IMO, even though it is relatively new, it is starting to symbolize the CS.

Am i the only one here who doesn't drink coffee

Don't touch the stuff, except in it's frozen form...I clearly don't hang out here for a caffeine fix.;) It's good to have a place where people check their attitudes...out on the rest of the board, I truly enjoy being a sarcastic bitch at times.:D

But. . . .not to belabor the point, but again I think the important thing is to have a place that everybody who wants a place like the Coffee Shop is comfortable with.

We've obviously missed that mark now and then because of some who wouldn't come in here on a bet and who have said some unkind things about those of us who do come to the Coffee Shop, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the fault of the Coffee Shop. I've called out a few folks who dishonestly misrepresented us elsewhere, but oh well. The fact is everybody isn't going to love everybody, and some just won't 'get it' I guess. I don't know. I'm just appreciative of everybody here, value each and every one of you, and am amazed that we're approaching our fourth anniversary.

It's all good. :)

here is an interesting perspective. there are people here who i have gotten to know pretty well in the CS. We get to know each other as people. We have totally different political views and on some subjects are probably on the opposite spectrum even. but, on the political boards, while we may be disagreeable, we are at least civil, and never carry any baggage away from the disagreements. and that's because we get to know each other as people, not as just political pundits.

It seems normal to me to interact with people who have different perspectives, because that is how it is in my real life. I don't think it's healthy to confine yourself to only like-minded individuals...besides, I have a bit of a rebellious streak and am always inclined to hang out with the "bad" boys and girls.:D My best friend at work is someone who climbed the ranks with me, and in that process we got to know each other...eventually discovering that she was an Obama loving atheist, but by that time I already loved her.:)

Gotta be careful out there, Sherry. Those Obama loving atheists are a really sneaky bunch when it comes to being lovable! :badgrin::badgrin:

i will have to because the home we are retirning to is modest. 2 bedroom, living room, dining room, den kitchen and all season room and a laundry room. good closet space but a fraction of what we have now. the house we have now is 6 berdoom, office, living room family room, kitchen, dining room and a full finished basement with a separate workshop, gym and laundry room. i also have two sheds, 14 x 16 and 24 x 12, plus a 10 x 12 and a 14 x 18 shed and two garages on the property next door. There is no way i could fit even a quarter of my stuff in the shore house.

but the choice we have made is to simplify. plus, i really won't have the need for a lot of the stuff that i do use now.

Place we have now is relatively small, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1600 sq feet. But we have the attic space and the back patio which gives us storage and outdoor living for at least half of the year.

Yes, we have too much stuff and we need to get rid of some of it but I keep refusing because I know if I do Mrs Te is just going to find something to fill it up with again. So I am not going to do anything until we do retire and then I am considering an RV. Just move around like a rolling stone. No hurry to get anywhere and a whole big continent to explore.

Trouble is Mrs Te doesn't like that idea either. So I guess we are just going to have see what transpires.

I don't blame Mrs. T one bit....traveling around in a small house with wheels doesn't appeal to me either. I don't even like to travel, but if I must, I'd rather stay in a comfortable motel and eat at restaurants, instead of taking my kitchen around with me. Now having a summer house (small cabin) up north where it doesn't get to 100 degrees in the summer sounds like a better deal to me....just go during the hottest days, come back for the mild winters.

That means 2 sets of taxes and lawns to mow! :eek: With an RV you never even have to dust or vacuum, you just open all the windows while you are driving along. :eusa_whistle: and nothing is stopping you from going out to dinner either. Just think of all the different places and foods you can try? :D

Yeah I'm out of space. I am completely out of room to put all my stuff. Probably going to need another building something along the line of 40' x 60'.

You should be able to make a fair chunk of change on the divesting thereof.

Good+Night+Sweet+Dreams+Images+Friend.jpg

Just got a thought. Should we start a pool on when the Coffee shop IV opens?

Good point. Based on how long it took the first and then second CS to crash the system, Pogo News Network is now projecting..... this coming Wednesday, 3 a.m.

We should get the logo ready now.

i'll probably end up giving most of it away.

i'll probably end up giving most of it away.

/gasp :eek:

Yeah ... I sorta figured. :thup:

That means 2 sets of taxes and lawns to mow! :eek: With an RV you never even have to dust or vacuum, you just open all the windows while you are driving along. :eusa_whistle: and nothing is stopping you from going out to dinner either. Just think of all the different places and foods you can try? :D

A cabin out in the woods doesn't have to have grass mowed....besides, if you do have a yard you can pay someone to do it. I hadn't thought about the taxes, maybe cause I don't do them...but on the eating out thing....why cart a kitchen around all over the country and then go eat at a restaurant? That seems like a waste to me,,,,,:D

A cabin out in the woods doesn't have to have grass mowed....besides, if you do have a yard you can pay someone to do it. I hadn't thought about the taxes, maybe cause I don't do them...but on the eating out thing....why cart a kitchen around all over the country and then go eat at a restaurant? That seems like a waste to me,,,,,:D
In Wyoming, where we lived for 35 years, people would buy a place out in the sticks, and the next thing you know, a little sign to name it would be something like "poverty acres," "paradise costs," etc. Sometimes a second place is the straw that broke the camel's back in some parts. Cured us of ever improving our little plot in the wilderness. We enjoyed looking at the miniature flowers in the spring, though, although some winters were so dry, the spring flowers forgot to bloom. :dunno:

Hope everybody has a good evening. The doctor said my facial itchiness and creepy sensations were indicative of healing, so I guess you can say I got a free pass on health issues for today. I think someone here said the same thing a few days ago. Mil perdonnes if it was in a pm. :redface:

Good night, all. :smiliehug:

I haven't forgotten about Anchor Man 2, Boop. I tried watching it and fell asleep, but from what I did watch, it's almost an identical rehash of the first one. I thought there'd be a new twist on it, but it seems as though all they did was change a word here and there and make the same damn movie.

I haven't forgotten about Anchor Man 2, Boop. I tried watching it and fell asleep, but from what I did watch, it's almost an identical rehash of the first one. I thought there'd be a new twist on it, but it seems as though all they did was change a word here and there and make the same damn movie.

Well, that sucks! Thanks for the head's up, though.

The hospital has discharged nana already and sent her back to her hostel. Mum says that is what they do with the elderly who have heart trouble - there is nothing they can do about it, so they just send them home until the next time.

Kinda cruel.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. Bloodrock
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

47b1de3eca117f1217dc587.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back