USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this one too, and I can assure you Foxy, NO ONE here is going to think you're on some kind of "LOOK AT ME" trip if there's a little fox in the CS logo. So what if there is... YOU'VE EARNED IT.

But, it's up to you... you want the other one, it's your choice.

Right! I like it better when people personalize their businesses. Also it is well-know in business that if you, the owner, does your own advertising, on radio or TV, it attracts more business than if you hired an actor or unfamiliar face to promote it. People identify with an owner promoting their business and something in them, wants to help.

Your "foxy" avi will personalize your place of business and lend credibility to it as ppl will expect you to take even greater pride in it and better care of them. It makes them want even more, to come on in.

JMHO. :D

I definitely see Foxy's point though. It's admirably humble. And I like that. Besides, the owl made outta coffee beans is already a recognized "brand", if we're selling anything.

Hey, maybe the two could be integrated. Said the idle coffee drinker with no photoshop skills.

Yes, the important thing here, is for Foxy to do what she is comfortable with. That in itself, is the first step in the right direction.

Right! I like it better when people personalize their businesses. Also it is well-know in business that if you, the owner, does your own advertising, on radio or TV, it attracts more business than if you hired an actor or unfamiliar face to promote it. People identify with an owner promoting their business and something in them, wants to help.

Your "foxy" avi will personalize your place of business and lend credibility to it as ppl will expect you to take even greater pride in it and better care of them. It makes them want even more, to come on in.

I appreciate that, but balance a concept of "Foxy's Place" against the concept of a universal meeting place that we all mutually share and own, I prefer to go with the mutually owned concept. And again, those who know me well know that the owl has its own significance in relating to me personally too. It just isn't so obvious. :)

i kind of like the little owl thing. it has kind of grown on me and IMO, even though it is relatively new, it is starting to symbolize the CS.

Am i the only one here who doesn't drink coffee

No, you aren't the only one who doesn't drink coffee. But that is pretty inclusive too. All three Coffee Shops have included this phrase in the OP:

". . . .come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.​

I figure there is something for everybody. :)

A few months ago I decided to clear out all my junk. It ended up being two van loads,
and I still have five old computers I could not bring myself to throw away.

A few months ago I decided to clear out all my junk. It ended up being two van loads,

I can so relate Dajjal. There is so much stuff in this house that we need to throw away or give away, but we always have in the back of our mind that we might need that and then we wouldn't have it. But if you can clean or remove the hard drives from those old computers, I presume the U.K. is no different than here--there are lots of folks who would love to have them to raid for parts or use the cases or use for training of personnel, etc. Good Will here, for instance, will take all kinds of stuff like that.

Last edited:
:lol:

epgj0m.jpg

Last edited:
Have a "Song of the South" VHS original blue case collector's cover.

Didn't know I had that. I think I held it for a college professor bud now dead. Some of the faculty at UT would go incensed about it.

Yup, I am looking at the four I have in my office den. Family relative is tearing apart my two Macs trying to retrieve files and data bases 20 years old.

I definitely see Foxy's point though. It's admirably humble. And I like that. Besides, the owl made outta coffee beans is already a recognized "brand", if we're selling anything.

Hey, maybe the two could be integrated. Said the idle coffee drinker with no photoshop skills.

Yes, the important thing here, is for Foxy to do what she is comfortable with. That in itself, is the first step in the right direction.

But. . . .not to belabor the point, but again I think the important thing is to have a place that everybody who wants a place like the Coffee Shop is comfortable with.

We've obviously missed that mark now and then because of some who wouldn't come in here on a bet and who have said some unkind things about those of us who do come to the Coffee Shop, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the fault of the Coffee Shop. I've called out a few folks who dishonestly misrepresented us elsewhere, but oh well. The fact is everybody isn't going to love everybody, and some just won't 'get it' I guess. I don't know. I'm just appreciative of everybody here, value each and every one of you, and am amazed that we're approaching our fourth anniversary.

It's all good. :)

Last edited:
My Avalanche is down at the shop getting detailed. It will look like a brand new truck when I pick it up later this afternoon. They even said they would get the dried deer blood and hair out of the bed of the truck. That will make Mrs. BBD very happy.

287 posts already and I just found the place. Who moved the coffee shop on me? I thought I was on the list for the "chance of address".

LOL. Happy you found us Sheila. Admittedly trying to keep up with the Coffee Shop has become something akin to following a floating crap game.

Back in Kansas, finding good Mexican food was a real crap shoot. But there was one family in our town who made it really really well, but they were so popular every restaurant in town was always recruiting them and they moved frequently from restaurant to restaurant as they got better deals. So whenever we went out for Mexican food, it required some sleuthing to figure out which restaurant we needed to go to.

At least The Coffee Shop only changes numbers. :)

But. . . .not to belabor the point, but again I think the important thing is to have a place that everybody who wants a place like the Coffee Shop is comfortable with.

We've obviously missed that mark now and then because of some who wouldn't come in here on a bet and who have said some unkind things about those of us who do come to the Coffee Shop, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the fault of the Coffee Shop. I've called out a few folks who dishonestly misrepresented us elsewhere, but oh well. The fact is everybody isn't going to love everybody, and some just won't 'get it' I guess. I don't know. I'm just appreciative of everybody here, value each and every one of you, and am amazed that we're approaching our fourth anniversary.

It's all good. :)

here is an interesting perspective. there are people here who i have gotten to know pretty well in the CS. We get to know each other as people. We have totally different political views and on some subjects are probably on the opposite spectrum even. but, on the political boards, while we may be disagreeable, we are at least civil, and never carry any baggage away from the disagreements. and that's because we get to know each other as people, not as just political pundits.

Yup, I am looking at the four I have in my office den. Family relative is tearing apart my two Macs trying to retrieve files and data bases 20 years old.

I have a zillion tons of software that will only run on windows 98, so I have to keep at least one old computer going.

Quelle est la date aujourd'hui?

Nous sommes le dix-septiéme Avril, mon ami. En plus, il semble que nous avons devenues français ici à la café.

Tant pis, Stats. :D

I haven't taken French since high-school. It's the 17 of April 2014 and we're speaking English here in the coffee shop. Too bad, but it's not a cafe. Maybe there isn't a French word for coffee shop?

I can so relate Dajjal. There is so much stuff in this house that we need to throw away or give away, but we always have in the back of our mind that we might need that and then we wouldn't have it. But if you can clean or remove the hard drives from those old computers, I presume the U.K. is no different than here--there are lots of folks who would love to have them to raid for parts or use the cases or use for training of personnel, etc. Good Will here, for instance, will take all kinds of stuff like that.

i dread retiring, because i have no idea how i will part with all of this stuff i absolutely do not need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back