USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that... and oven roasted turkey flavored, hickory smoked flavored, hot and spicy flavored... there's a bunch of them. They're all good as far as I'm concerned.

I was brought up on Spam, my dad always bought it.

We didn't have much Spam, my dad bought it a couple of times, not too awfully bad. We did get bologna sandwiches for lunch though. I bought some recently just to see how it was. I really hate it now.

My mom used to make what she called ground ham for lunch sandwiches but it was really ground bologna with cheese, mayo, celery, etc. Now that was good.
That does sound good.

On road trips we would eat bologna and potato chips on soft whit bread...mmmmm. I like bologna, but most people I know snub their noses at it :lol:

I like the Cotto Salami sammiches. Goes great with just about any kind of soup. My favorite tomato.

Back later... time for this guy to hit the back forty with the John Deere and wagon and rake.

Happy Good Friday !
Everybody enjoy the weekend.

friday.gif

Whew! Made it back...
Spam. I'll leave to the rest of you. We were fed gobs of that goo when I was a kid. Feeding eight kids was pricey, even back then. For years after I left home, my Mom would make it a point to prepare Spam when I came to visit. Now Mom wasn't the best cook, but she managed not to starve her brood. Her idea of baked Spam was to plunk that little cube of gross out on a baking pan, smother it in brown sugar and ketchup and bake until warmed through, slice and serve. The stuff literally makes me gag. So finally, I asked her what was up with the Spam. She thought it was my favorite meal. Really, sometimes being well-brought up and polite doesn't pay off like we would want. Mom finally quit making my fav' meal.
Spam makes really good fire starter.

Whew! Made it back...
Spam. I'll leave to the rest of you. We were fed gobs of that goo when I was a kid. Feeding eight kids was pricey, even back then. For years after I left home, my Mom would make it a point to prepare Spam when I came to visit. Now Mom wasn't the best cook, but she managed not to starve her brood. Her idea of baked Spam was to plunk that little cube of gross out on a baking pan, smother it in brown sugar and ketchup and bake until warmed through, slice and serve. The stuff literally makes me gag. So finally, I asked her what was up with the Spam. She thought it was my favorite meal. Really, sometimes being well-brought up and polite doesn't pay off like we would want. Mom finally quit making my fav' meal.
Spam makes really good fire starter.

I do like spam but I probably wouldn't have liked it prepared as you described it either. :)

Spam also makes excellent fish bait. Hombre and I were fishing down at Elephant Butte Lake one time when we ran out of bait. The next morning we awoke at our campsite at lake's edge and the fish were really jumping. The only thing we had for bait was leftover spam so we tried that. We had a stringer full within the hour.

Tossing into a lake seems about the best thing that can be done with Spam. Although it's cruel to fishes.

Guess what I found in the cupboard....

Split pea soup dry mix :eusa_dance:

Need some onions, maybe extra garlic... oboy oboy oboy...

Last edited:
Happy Easter Friday to one and all!

Made myself a cheese and onion omelette for breakfast because we were out of tomatoes! :lol:

Sipping a cup of English Breakfast tea and trying to get my head around what work I need to do today. I have a feeling that it is going to be quiet because a lot be people have taken the day off but a little too soon to be sure.

I made the "Huevos Rancheros" that we talked about a few days ago....came out soooo good, I even took a picture, but have to load it to my computer and photobucket before I can post it....make you all hungry......:D

Anybody like Scrapple?

Mmmmmmmmmmm :)

I like the triple word score squares. :eusa_shifty:

I imagine many of our population doesn't know what scrapple is but I do.... no thanks. :eusa_hand:

I was pissed this morning went to make some turkey bacon I just bought and found out it has nitrites in it. OK I should have read the label but I forget that anyone still makes it that way. Should have a large neon sign on it saying "warning -- contains nitrites"...

Made myself a cheese and onion omelette for breakfast because we were out of tomatoes! :lol:

Sipping a cup of English Breakfast tea and trying to get my head around what work I need to do today. I have a feeling that it is going to be quiet because a lot be people have taken the day off but a little too soon to be sure.

I made the "Huevos Rancheros" that we talked about a few days ago....came out soooo good, I even took a picture, but have to load it to my computer and photobucket before I can post it....make you all hungry......:D

Won't work for me -- I made chili that day and of course ate too much. Had enough by now.

Won't work for me -- I made chili that day and of course ate too much. Had enough by now.

You mean "you've had enough hot stuff" - cause by the time I post the picture, you'll be hungry again....I'm pretty sure....:D

Tossing into a lake seems about the best thing that can be done with Spam. Although it's cruel to fishes.

Don't get me started talking about how awful split pea soup is... Also when we were in London the last time we ordered some fish and chips. I love fish and chips. When the order came there was a side dish of "mushy peas" on the plate too. I'm here to tell you that next to split pea soup being the most vile thing in the world a person could eat, mushy peas is an easy second. Nasty doesn't begin to describe mushy peas. I really like peas but I draw the line very deeply in the sand when it comes to split pea soup or mushy peas. Vile stuff. Very very vile.

Don't get me started talking about how awful split pea soup is... Also when we were in London the last time we ordered some fish and chips. I love fish and chips. When the order came there was a side dish of "mushy peas" on the plate too. I'm here to tell you that next to split pea soup being the most vile thing in the world a person could eat, mushy peas is an easy second. Nasty doesn't begin to describe mushy peas. I really like peas but I draw the line very deeply in the sand when it comes to split pea soup or mushy peas. Vile stuff. Very very vile.

That's how I feel about creamed corn :puke3:

I see what your problem is -- you tried to order food in England. That's like going to the Olympics with a Jamaican bobsled team.

You mean "you've had enough hot stuff" - cause by the time I post the picture, you'll be hungry again....I'm pretty sure....:D

Oh no, there's no such thing as enough 'hot stuff' (now quit- I'm talking about food).

You underestimate my affinity for scoville units. I meant enough beans. The hot stuff will be back, prolly in the form of vindaloo. :D

I see what your problem is -- you tried to order food in England. That's like going to the Olympics with a Jamaican bobsled team.
I like both of those. I don't know but maybe being brought up on a farm, we were always so hungry come dinner time that we just wolfed down whatever was in front of us. About the only thing I never liked, and still don't like, is rutabaga. Everyone else in my family loves it but me.

These are the best peas on the planet...

peas_zps44348dbf.jpg

Hey, wasn't there a movie about that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back