USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, got a ton of weeding done. Put down some pre emerge in the beds. got spinach, lettuce and peas planted. now I have to spread a little weed and crabgrass killer.

Got about 2/3 of my lawn raked and the twigs and limbs picked up, had a fire and burnt three wagon loads of it. My back was starting to feel all the bending over so I found something else to do. Went up to the next town to the tire dealership and bought two super nice used trailer tires for my wood splitter since the two that were on it were so cracked and weather checked I was afraid to air them up, figured they'd blow up in my face. Got one new tire mounted, wheel cleaned and back on the splitter. Will do the other one Monday.

Five hours of work and I'm pooped. What a big pansy. I know I'll sleep like a log tonight and wake up tomorrow feeling like a million bucks and hit it again. Exercise just does wonders for the bod.
that is does. i'll probably sleep pretty good tonight too. heading back home early tomorrow. going shooting with both of my sons

Just got back from the doctor, had this conversation:

/steps on scale

Nurse: notes weight

Me: That's not right!

Nurse: Oh, it's calibrated.

Me: Well, it's off by about 20 pounds.

Nurse, looking at my chart: Oh. Yes. Well. You've lost seventeen pounds.

Me: But how!?

Nurse: I don't know, but keep up the good work. ;)

Nice work!

Thanks! And I'd lost eight on the visit before, and two on the previous one. So - yeah. It's a good feeling to know I am headed in the right direction.

I refused anymore Statins and she said if I continue losing weight, and my cholesterol comes down, I don't have to! It felt so good to be listened to, and HEARD.

What a blessing when the weight goes without trying :thup:

My doc prescribed statins but after studying them (including what Ringel posted for me here) I begged off. She was disappointed but suggested red yeast rice, which I've been doing. I didn't have a cholesterol-type diet anyway but I've made adjustments, especially ditching wheat and eating more fruit. Thirty pounds shed so far this year :)

You turn up your nose at Spam and then get excited over dry pea soup mix??????

Okay it is official. We Coffee Shoppers are on the edge of wierd. But it's okay. :)

Spam compares to pea soup??
Yeah, we done stepped over that edge baybee... :lol:

You could put Spam in pea soup. Like instead of ham?

Ewww.

I actually went and bought a ham hock to simmer in there. Never bought one of those before, wasn't even sure what it would look like. I don't eat pork but I understand it does bring out the flavor, so .... spam averted. :D

Nice work!

Thanks! And I'd lost eight on the visit before, and two on the previous one. So - yeah. It's a good feeling to know I am headed in the right direction.

I refused anymore Statins and she said if I continue losing weight, and my cholesterol comes down, I don't have to! It felt so good to be listened to, and HEARD.

My doc prescribed statins but after studying them (including what Ringel posted for me here) I begged off. She was disappointed but suggested red yeast rice, which I've been doing. I didn't have a cholesterol-type diet anyway but I've made adjustments, especially ditching wheat and eating more fruit. Thirty pounds shed so far this year :)

You have given me something to Google.

Here's a guy who's kinda hokey but he's got an assemblage of ideas. If you get the red yeast rice make sure it has the citrinin taken out. I ended up with this one-

41QEBY4VNYL._SY450_.jpg

-- which seems to get high marks. Amazon has it for $18 but my local health store has it for that price anyway.

Here's a guy who's kinda hokey but he's got an assemblage of ideas. If you get the red yeast rice make sure it has the citrinin taken out. I ended up with this one-

41QEBY4VNYL._SY450_.jpg

-- which seems to get high marks. Amazon has it for $18 but my local health store has it for that price anyway.

I went with Amazon's Doctor's Best, will go make sure on the citrinin front.

Happy Easter Saturday everyone!

Class this morning was another good one. I got the answer to my question, as Tracy asked the regional instructor last night about it, and the answer wasn't what I was expecting. I have some homework, it would seem. :)

Nice work!

What are statins?

What are statins?

A medicine to lower cholesterol, generally found to do more harm than good.

Or that could just be my take on things.

[MENTION=20342]Ringel05[/MENTION] - thoughts?

41QEBY4VNYL._SY450_.jpg

Does being in my early twenties seriously make me unable to understand anything you guys and gals say?

What are statins?

A medicine to lower cholesterol, generally found to do more harm than good.

Or that could just be my take on things.

[MENTION=20342]Ringel05[/MENTION] - thoughts?

Ah. Thank you.

41QEBY4VNYL._SY450_.jpg

Does being in my early twenties seriously make me unable to understand anything you guys and gals say?

Yes, exactly. As someone very nearby said to me the other day, "you'll understand when you're older". :rofl:

Stay away from french fries and donuts and you maybe won't need to know :thup:

41QEBY4VNYL._SY450_.jpg

No. I know many intelligent people your age. :thup:

;)

Yes, exactly. As someone very nearby said to me the other day, "you'll understand when you're older". :rofl:

Let me put it this way: I was a fat kid. Got to about 8th or 9th grade and realized I hated myself. Within a year I ate little to no junk food and only weighed 150-160ish. Still keep those habits, so I should be good.

Let me put it this way: I was a fat kid. Got to about 8th or 9th grade and realized I hated myself. Within a year I ate little to no junk food and only weighed 150-160ish. Still keep those habits, so I should be good.

For a while -- but I don't do junk food or fast food at all, and it caught up to me. I did have a crush on starches, which adds a lot of weight. Wheat will kill you. If you find your weight accumulating again, drop the wheat... that's an easy 20-30 pounds all by itself.

Here's the post Ringel gave me on statins, back from the previous coffee shop (can't quote a locked thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back