USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly. As someone very nearby said to me the other day, "you'll understand when you're older". :rofl:

Stay away from french fries and donuts and you maybe won't need to know :thup:

Let me put it this way: I was a fat kid. Got to about 8th or 9th grade and realized I hated myself. Within a year I ate little to no junk food and only weighed 150-160ish. Still keep those habits, so I should be good.

For a while -- but I don't do junk food or fast food at all, and it caught up to me. I did have a crush on starches, which adds a lot of weight. Wheat will kill you. If you find your weight accumulating again, drop the wheat... that's an easy 20-30 pounds all by itself.

Here's the post Ringel gave me on statins, back from the previous coffee shop (can't quote a locked thread)

Ok, I understand now.
Is there any particular reason the old shop got closed?

Let me put it this way: I was a fat kid. Got to about 8th or 9th grade and realized I hated myself. Within a year I ate little to no junk food and only weighed 150-160ish. Still keep those habits, so I should be good.

For a while -- but I don't do junk food or fast food at all, and it caught up to me. I did have a crush on starches, which adds a lot of weight. Wheat will kill you. If you find your weight accumulating again, drop the wheat... that's an easy 20-30 pounds all by itself.

Here's the post Ringel gave me on statins, back from the previous coffee shop (can't quote a locked thread)

Ok, I understand now.

The old shop was trying to eat the database. ;)

Ok, I understand now.

Yeah. Its cholesterol was high from all the donuts.

:rofl:

Apparently it was dragging down the server. Everybody all over the site was getting error messages and hangups until they shut it. Same thing happened with CS I.

Ok, I understand now.

Yes, the Coffee Shop acquires so many posts and views--lots of activity--that it seems to grow to a size that interferes with the whole board. So when that happens they have to shut us down, we do a quick remodel, and reopen. But they preserve the former sites so we don't lose all the contributions to them.

I wonder what the post limit is for the Coffee Shop, though? It'd have to be the same across the board.

I got the impression it was more a matter of how many views than how many posts.
Too many people reading posts by day. Too many reaching for a piece of cake.

That was our first mistake... we took our lucky break and broke it in two...

809a35fc38f3d8f3162e196d5f612b94.jpg

Yay, COFFEE!!

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

47b1de3eca117f1217dc587.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Time to make coffee.

So I've come to the conclusion that I like the Hawaiian grown Kona Gold coffee better than the Bolivian my sister got me for Christmas. The Kona is richer, smoother but more flavorful, and takes less coffee to brew than the Bolivian. I think the Hawaiian coffee is going to be hard to beat.

Where are you coffee shopping, [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION] ?

I've done very little actual coffee shopping. I've only been to this one coffee store in the east mall in Madison once. Great selection, but other than that I've ordered coffee online.

Tossing into a lake seems about the best thing that can be done with Spam. Although it's cruel to fishes.

Guess what I found in the cupboard....

Split pea soup dry mix :eusa_dance:

Need some onions, maybe extra garlic... oboy oboy oboy...

You turn up your nose at Spam and then get excited over dry pea soup mix??????

Okay it is official. We Coffee Shoppers are on the edge of wierd. But it's okay. :)
Lass, weird isn't even in the rear-view anymore....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back