USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, got a ton of weeding done. Put down some pre emerge in the beds. got spinach, lettuce and peas planted. now I have to spread a little weed and crabgrass killer.

Just got back from the doctor, had this conversation:

/steps on scale

Nurse: notes weight

Me: That's not right!

Nurse: Oh, it's calibrated.

Me: Well, it's off by about 20 pounds.

Nurse, looking at my chart: Oh. Yes. Well. You've lost seventeen pounds.

Me: But how!?

Nurse: I don't know, but keep up the good work. ;)

Tossing into a lake seems about the best thing that can be done with Spam. Although it's cruel to fishes.

Guess what I found in the cupboard....

Split pea soup dry mix :eusa_dance:

Need some onions, maybe extra garlic... oboy oboy oboy...

You turn up your nose at Spam and then get excited over dry pea soup mix??????

Okay it is official. We Coffee Shoppers are on the edge of wierd. But it's okay. :)

Tossing into a lake seems about the best thing that can be done with Spam. Although it's cruel to fishes.

Don't get me started talking about how awful split pea soup is... Also when we were in London the last time we ordered some fish and chips. I love fish and chips. When the order came there was a side dish of "mushy peas" on the plate too. I'm here to tell you that next to split pea soup being the most vile thing in the world a person could eat, mushy peas is an easy second. Nasty doesn't begin to describe mushy peas. I really like peas but I draw the line very deeply in the sand when it comes to split pea soup or mushy peas. Vile stuff. Very very vile.

That's how I feel about creamed corn :puke3:

I see what your problem is -- you tried to order food in England. That's like going to the Olympics with a Jamaican bobsled team.

Oh that icon is the worst! Yuk.

/steps on scale

Nice work!

Okay it is official. We Coffee Shoppers are on the edge of wierd. But it's okay. :)

Spam compares to pea soup??
Yeah, we done stepped over that edge baybee... :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3xM93rXbY#t=211]World's Toughest Job - #worldstoughestjob - YouTube[/ame]

Well, got a ton of weeding done. Put down some pre emerge in the beds. got spinach, lettuce and peas planted. now I have to spread a little weed and crabgrass killer.

Got about 2/3 of my lawn raked and the twigs and limbs picked up, had a fire and burnt three wagon loads of it. My back was starting to feel all the bending over so I found something else to do. Went up to the next town to the tire dealership and bought two super nice used trailer tires for my wood splitter since the two that were on it were so cracked and weather checked I was afraid to air them up, figured they'd blow up in my face. Got one new tire mounted, wheel cleaned and back on the splitter. Will do the other one Monday.

Five hours of work and I'm pooped. What a big pansy. I know I'll sleep like a log tonight and wake up tomorrow feeling like a million bucks and hit it again. Exercise just does wonders for the bod.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Spam.

I'm not certain, since I don't know if I've ever had split pea soup and I don't recall what Spam tastes like.....but split pea soup sounds pretty gross. :lol:

Well, Pogo, you did seem to not like Spam at all, but then seem a tad excited about having Pea Soup - dry mix, at that...or were you being your usual sarcastic self?:lol:

Don't get me started talking about how awful split pea soup is... Also when we were in London the last time we ordered some fish and chips. I love fish and chips. When the order came there was a side dish of "mushy peas" on the plate too. I'm here to tell you that next to split pea soup being the most vile thing in the world a person could eat, mushy peas is an easy second. Nasty doesn't begin to describe mushy peas. I really like peas but I draw the line very deeply in the sand when it comes to split pea soup or mushy peas. Vile stuff. Very very vile.
I hate mushy peas, but love split pea soup with Canadian bacon cut up in it and celery, green onion, and garlic braised gently in butter first. It goes well with German hot potato salad. Peas should be cooked, but just barely so they're still a lovely shade of medium green. It also helps if they're called "Sugar peas." :lol:

I'll have to try the German hot potato salad with Bacon Spam. I've never tried that one before, but Spam is so good.

Last edited:
All this talk of bologna and spam has made me hungry for this :)
I love Deviled Ham

th

Oh yeah, I remember that stuff too.

OK, that stuff is pretty tasty!

That sounds really good. I think Spoonman is half way to a summer tan, and spring just started a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Spam.

I'm not certain, since I don't know if I've ever had split pea soup and I don't recall what Spam tastes like.....but split pea soup sounds pretty gross. :lol:

No, no, no...I'll take pea soup (my homemade version) over Spam any day!!!

/steps on scale

Nice work!

Thanks! And I'd lost eight on the visit before, and two on the previous one. So - yeah. It's a good feeling to know I am headed in the right direction.

I refused anymore Statins and she said if I continue losing weight, and my cholesterol comes down, I don't have to! It felt so good to be listened to, and HEARD.

/steps on scale

Nice work!

Thanks! And I'd lost eight on the visit before, and two on the previous one. So - yeah. It's a good feeling to know I am headed in the right direction.

I refused anymore Statins and she said if I continue losing weight, and my cholesterol comes down, I don't have to! It felt so good to be listened to, and HEARD.

I would refuse Statins too.

You could put Spam in pea soup. Like instead of ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back