USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home. Mansion got rain-checked, BFF was coughing like Sparky the seal. I wish she would have just told me, the whole day could have been rain-checked. It's been raining like mad, high winds, and just recently thunder and lightning to boot.

I hear Memphis is supposed to get hit hard? I hope not. That's where my home office is.

Oh, I want the two I posted, alas I'm currently forced to settle for the front porch. :mad:

boy do I hear you. I used to be a skier, a rock climber, played hockey, loved skating. those were the days. these days I cave to keep my activities to less impact and less strenuous.

Surely the guy in that photo can't be described as merely rock climbing. I don't know how they can do that even.

I've never done it to that extreme, but pretty darn close

Oh, I want the two I posted, alas I'm currently forced to settle for the front porch. :mad:

boy do I hear you. I used to be a skier, a rock climber, played hockey, loved skating. those were the days. these days I cave to keep my activities to less impact and less strenuous.

Some of my other favorites were spelunking, mountain hiking and backpacking not to mention extensive philandering in my youth.

the area I live in is riddled with old iron mines. I've been through many of them. even ben diving in a few of the flooded ones.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Surely the guy in that photo can't be described as merely rock climbing. I don't know how they can do that even.

Lizard mutants.

Today was the first day it's been actually warm, not just "not cold". What a treat.
Started weaning some of the kids. Poor momma was bow-legged. As soon as I wiped her udder, the milk started flowing, just squirting out all over the place until I got a bucket under her. I've been assured that anyone who nursed children would understand why dairy animals have no objection to being milked....

I used to get irrationally angry at women when their babies cried while mine was sleeping. "Okay, hand her over. No - give her to me. My baby is asleep, and thanks to this one, my milk just dropped. Gimme."

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
amazing, I just found out yet another one of my old friends passed away due to complications of substance abuse. that's the 5th one in the past year. Good people taken way too soon by careless and unhealthy choices

amazing, I just found out yet another one of my old friends passed away due to complications of substance abuse. that's the 5th one in the past year. Good people taken way too soon by careless and unhealthy choices

My condolences, mate.

My dad is in hospital this morning. He was sick Saturday night, and wasn't any better yesterday morning, so mum took him up to emergency. He was seen right away, which was great, and doctors discovered a massive gallstone - so big that it takes up three quarters of his gall bladder. The surgeons decided to remove it today so right now he is waiting for his operation. He stayed the night last night and will probably stay another night, so hopefully he will be home tomorrow.

Nana is in the same hospital on a different ward - she has a blood clot in her lung and its being treated with blood thinners. She is also on antibiotics and she had a bad reaction to one of them, which made her very sleepy, and mum and my uncle thought she'd had another stroke when they saw her on Friday night. Thankfully she is better but still not well.

So I have two family members in hospital right now, I will be there in just under a month, and hopefully nothing else happens. 2014 is shaping out to be such a dreadful year, what have we done to deserve all this? :(

good+night+nice+wallpaper.gif

My dad is in hospital this morning. He was sick Saturday night, and wasn't any better yesterday morning, so mum took him up to emergency. He was seen right away, which was great, and doctors discovered a massive gallstone - so big that it takes up three quarters of his gall bladder. The surgeons decided to remove it today so right now he is waiting for his operation. He stayed the night last night and will probably stay another night, so hopefully he will be home tomorrow.

Nana is in the same hospital on a different ward - she has a blood clot in her lung and its being treated with blood thinners. She is also on antibiotics and she had a bad reaction to one of them, which made her very sleepy, and mum and my uncle thought she'd had another stroke when they saw her on Friday night. Thankfully she is better but still not well.

So I have two family members in hospital right now, I will be there in just under a month, and hopefully nothing else happens. 2014 is shaping out to be such a dreadful year, what have we done to deserve all this? :(

I had gallbladder surgery not so long ago. It's a walk in the park and your Dad should do just fine. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery.

I used to get irrationally angry at women when their babies cried while mine was sleeping. "Okay, hand her over. No - give her to me. My baby is asleep, and thanks to this one, my milk just dropped. Gimme."

True story... You know, everything that happens to you in life has some sort of a effect. Let me share this story with you and how it has impacted my life. My mother breast fed me when I was a baby. Once, while she was breast feeding me and sitting at the kitchen table talking to a neighbor lady, there was an incident. The neighbor lady got up to get a drink of water from the sink. She had a glass full of water and as she turned around she tripped dumping the entire glass of water on me as I breast fed. The result? Well, even at my age of 62, every time I take a shower I have strong desires to suck on a tit.

:eek:
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be insensitive or anything, but shouldn't you be concerned that so many of your old friends are dying of substance abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back