USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to get irrationally angry at women when their babies cried while mine was sleeping. "Okay, hand her over. No - give her to me. My baby is asleep, and thanks to this one, my milk just dropped. Gimme."

True story... You know, everything that happens to you in life has some sort of a effect. Let me share this story with you and how it has impacted my life. My mother breast fed me when I was a baby. Once, while she was breast feeding me and sitting at the kitchen table talking to a neighbor lady, there was an incident. The neighbor lady got up to get a drink of water from the sink. She had a glass full of water and as she turned around she tripped dumping the entire glass of water on me as I breast fed. The result? Well, even at my age of 62, every time I take a shower I have strong desires to suck on a tit.

Give me a second while I go vomit in the corner.:lol:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Dad, Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
BBD's friend Otis,
Sarah
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, Sunshine, and 007.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I'm skipping pol pics for a while, not because I don't like them, but because they are hard as heck to find without repeating a lot of very familiar faces. So, let's move on to funny stuff.

:D

bbd, this one's for you.

Today's canine drinking coffee:

b9383575cca3001d24f9b1a0591608cc.jpeg

Last edited:
Dad is still waiting for his surgery. They are going to take out the whole gallbladder, not just the stone. Its already 7.30pm, the operation will be in the next hour, hopefully! Fingers crossed.
These days gall bladder surgery is to adults what a tonsillectomy is to kids. "Keyhole" surgery they call it so there is a vastly quicker recovery time. No line of sutures across the belly anymore.

Dad is still waiting for his surgery. They are going to take out the whole gallbladder, not just the stone. Its already 7.30pm, the operation will be in the next hour, hopefully! Fingers crossed.

Had mine out a couple of years ago. It's a common procedure. He'll have some changes to get uses to as his body adjusts to the lack of a gall bladder but they're not serious or painful.

Oh, I want the two I posted, alas I'm currently forced to settle for the front porch. :mad:

boy do I hear you. I used to be a skier, a rock climber, played hockey, loved skating. those were the days. these days I cave to keep my activities to less impact and less strenuous.

Surely the guy in that photo can't be described as merely rock climbing. I don't know how they can do that even.

He's following a crack that runs vertical in the rock, a relatively easy climb in terms of rock climbing.

Chilly, windy, rainy morning here in northwestern Illinois. Good day for drinking coffee, napping in the recliner, and rubbing Taco's head.

Happy Labor Day to me! Because, as I merrily announce to my daughter anywhere in the forty-three hours preceding 11:14 pm, "And at this very moment, XX years ago today!! I was sobbing out loud and begging for meds."

That's how she knew that this was 'our show.'

Last edited by a moderator:
In spite of all the hassle, this morning I put into effect one of the most satisfying aspects of being the contractor. The majority of my workforce is currently focused on the extension of a water treatment facility just outside of London, and I'm there now overseeing the progress we've made and working out the next phase's schedule. Anyway, this morning I had my site manager, a cheerful Highlander called Roddy, summon George, Aaron, Stuart, Parnichek, Mantas and Tomaz, all young men who I've come to hold in high regard for their dedication, hard work and resourcefulness. I'm known to have a quick temper when I'm under pressure, so they were naturally shitting themselves as they filed in. George is too clever to be a labourer, Stuart has a commanding presence (mostly on account of his size and nature), Aaron I'll get to later and Parnichek, Mantas and Tomaz are all hard working boys with a wealth of experience between the three of them. But one thing they all have in common is loyalty.

After waxing lyrical about how pleased I was with their work and attitude, which induced quizzical glances amongst them, I offered to put them through college to study construction science and management. They continue to work for me, but are released every Tuesday for two years to attend college. Now, Aaron has never been a very bright bulb, and immediately began to stutter about how he was never very good at studying, but Roddy told him to shut his mouth before he started losing it altogether. Additionally, he was dealt a rather harsh hand in life, and has been shat on from a great height on several occasions; but he's never let that get in the way of his work; and I've always been fond of him. He likes, for whatever reason, to work with wood, and for the last four months I've had him working with the four carpenters I employ to do most of the formwork for the reinforced concrete we cast. He seems content in doing that, so I offered to pay for him to become a level two carpenter with the same release arrangement the other five were offered. I thought he was going to pass out before regaining his sense and nodding enthusiastically, thanking me profusely. I then told them all that they only had themselves to thank (they do) and they'd earned it. To bring them back down to earth I sternly reminded them that they would still be on the clock when they were at college, and that I would be monitoring their progress and bollocking them when they deserved it. Then I dismissed them, shortly after which their calm veneers fell and they were all on the phone to their families. Furthermore, I'd told Roddy to privately briefed all the other lads on site, and five minutes after the lads left my office, I could hear cheering, whistling and saw just about every roll of toilet paper I've bought for them being chucked off the scaffolding. They were being congratulated, and they deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back