USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to head out and get some work done. the extra long winter has put me way behind schedule on spring projects. I keep thinking of all the things I have done already that I haven't even started yet.

Morning !

Coffee for everyone!
latte-art-table1.jpg

Everybody have a Great Saturday!

So this morning I did a full 10 stage workout although I am not yet up to the full count of repetitions for every one of them but that will come with practice. Technique and breathing are my primary focus since doing it right is what matters in my opinion.

Followed that with a couple of laps in the pool and about 10 minutes in the jacuzzi. Showered, came home and made myself an omelette for breakfast with some fruit. Time for some caffeine and then it is off to run errands.

Have a nice Saturday, folks. :)

:clap2: You have definitely started out your day in a way, that will influence the remainder. Your attitude is on the right track. :clap2:

Good Morning all. Today is a Bowl A Strike for Cancer Tournament at Secoma Lanes in Federal Way. Registration starts at 9:30am, the tournament starts at 10:00 am. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Every participant will get a goody back and almost all the money we raise will go to the doctors doing the research to find a cure for cancer. We pay dues to cover our overhead.

Promises to be a busy day. I get to register and pass out goody bags.

Going to head out and get some work done. the extra long winter has put me way behind schedule on spring projects. I keep thinking of all the things I have done already that I haven't even started yet.

Good deal Spoonie. Getting some work done, puts it behind us while stimulating our serotonin levels, making us feel good about most things. Other things that stimulate serotonin levels are, sunlight, massage, exercise and remembering happy events. :thup:

OK... Here's my pick for the Kentucky Derby. I'm going with the #20 horse, Wicked Strong. I'd wager $2.00 across the board for this horsey.

Does the Kentucky Derby happen today?? I love it, but hate to see such young thoroughbreds with fragile bones being run while being whipped.

I have owed a retired thoroughbred racehorse and all she ever wanted to do was break out in a run as soon as I climbed on top of her 16 hands height. She just hated to trot...:lol: But she knew who was boss. It was a hard lesson learned by her. These retired thoroughbreds are not for the faint-of-heart nor the easily frightened nor the submissive person. :) Loved her. We had the same spirit in common, and rode with the wind. :thup:

OK... Here's my pick for the Kentucky Derby. I'm going with the #20 horse, Wicked Strong. I'd wager $2.00 across the board for this horsey.

Does the Kentucky Derby happen today?? I love it, but hate to see such young thoroughbreds with fragile bones being run while being whipped.

I have owed a retired thoroughbred racehorse and all she ever wanted to do was break out in a run as soon as I climbed on top of her 16 hands height. She just hated to trot...:lol: But she knew who was boss. It was a hard lesson learned by her. These retired thoroughbreds are not for the faint-of-heart nor the easily frightened nor the submissive person. :) Loved her. We had the same spirit in common, and rode with the wind. :thup:

Yep. The Kentucky Derby is today.

Was just sitting here thinking. So far this year, my beloved Washington Redskins are undefeated.

I love the Kentucky Derby. It's so close to us but I've never been there. One day maybe.

I know there is a snooze button on the alarm but I've seriously never used it. My sleep issues are different that not being able to wake up.

This should prove interesting. I was hoping to score two hours of sleep to combine with the four I got before I spent the afternoon in the doc's office. No such luck. Roughly an hour, and my everything hurts.

/whimper

Make your chair as comfy as possible. Cushion it up with a folded blanket, put a small pillow behind you. Change it up, maybe it will help your aches and pains.

And a couple of Alleve or Ibupofen :)

Did Boop say WHY she is having all these aches and pains?

This should prove interesting. I was hoping to score two hours of sleep to combine with the four I got before I spent the afternoon in the doc's office. No such luck. Roughly an hour, and my everything hurts.

/whimper

Make your chair as comfy as possible. Cushion it up with a folded blanket, put a small pillow behind you. Change it up, maybe it will help your aches and pains.

And a couple of Alleve or Ibupofen :)

Did Boop say WHY she is having all these aches and pains?

No ... you have me thinking now. Are not body aches a side effect of lack of sleep? Or is that just me. :doubt:

I do the same thing. It helps.

Although there was that one time I woke up and found it smashed to bits on the floor beside the dresser... I got a new clock and it hasn't happened again (yet.)

I usually don't use an alarm but when I'm nervous about waking up at a certain time, I use my phone alarm. I am such a light sleeper, I just sit right up and get out of bed. :)

It's a pain when husband and wife don't agree on alarm clock etiquette.....my hub likes to set it 30 minutes (or more) before he really has to get up (he thinks he's somehow getting more sleep that way) and keeps pushing the snooze button. It drives me crazy because once I wake up, it takes me longer than 10 or 15 minutes to go back to sleep, and no sooner am I back to sleep when the damn things goes off again...I like to set it for the time I am going to get up....and when it goes off, I get up and that's it. We finally compromised into just setting it for 10 or 15 minutes before time to get up...that way I just get up and don't even try to go back to sleep and he can snooze for 10 or 15 minutes more.

I like using the snooze feature. It allows me to fully wake up slowly. My snooze alarm moves in 9 minute increments. I set the alarm for 45 minutes before I have to get up. I can slap the snooze button and be back asleep in a minute. I typically only use 27 of the 45 minutes I have allocated for 'snoozing'. Sometimes all of the 45 minutes and sometimes none of it.
On weekends I almost always wake up at the same time the alarm would normally sound off, then I go back to sleep. Could be another 10 minutes, could be an hour and a half. That Saturday or Sunday morning sleep is the best sleep all week.

When I was newly married, we'd set the alarm for the time we needed to get up, for four days of the work week, and one day a week we'd set it 30 minutes early. We'd use that 30 minutes for some serious morning sex because weekends aren't the only days for morning sex. Then we had kids (musta been all that sex). Morning sex came to an end and nighttime sex to an almost end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back