USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this weekend, only 2 more trips to Michigan. The last couple of years have been exciting to say the least. I forgot what this state looked like without snow LOL. It's off to college with her this fall :thup:.

Sent from my ass using USMessageBoard.com

Is she going to U of M?

OK... Here's my pick for the Kentucky Derby. I'm going with the #20 horse, Wicked Strong. I'd wager $2.00 across the board for this horsey.

Does the Kentucky Derby happen today?? I love it, but hate to see such young thoroughbreds with fragile bones being run while being whipped.

I have owed a retired thoroughbred racehorse and all she ever wanted to do was break out in a run as soon as I climbed on top of her 16 hands height. She just hated to trot...:lol: But she knew who was boss. It was a hard lesson learned by her. These retired thoroughbreds are not for the faint-of-heart nor the easily frightened nor the submissive person. :) Loved her. We had the same spirit in common, and rode with the wind. :thup:

Yep. The Kentucky Derby is today.

Got my wide brimmed hat on with bright ribbon watching
Rooting for Wicked Strong

Does the Kentucky Derby happen today?? I love it, but hate to see such young thoroughbreds with fragile bones being run while being whipped.

I have owed a retired thoroughbred racehorse and all she ever wanted to do was break out in a run as soon as I climbed on top of her 16 hands height. She just hated to trot...:lol: But she knew who was boss. It was a hard lesson learned by her. These retired thoroughbreds are not for the faint-of-heart nor the easily frightened nor the submissive person. :) Loved her. We had the same spirit in common, and rode with the wind. :thup:

Yep. The Kentucky Derby is today.

Got my wide brimmed hat on with bright ribbon watching
Rooting for Wicked Strong

So Cali Chrome won I take it? We don't get NBC anymore in this lame area. I've been looking for it all over and couldn't watch. I tried online and it locked my computer so that was out.

Shoot.

California Chrome won it easily.

Danza and Wicked Strong are powerful horses but CC just ran away.

Don't know how much we made on the Bowling, but the 50/50 netted over $140 for our sorority and the other raffles netted $80.00. Yeah, I ended up doing the raffles instead of the registration. A good time was had by all. Whew, I'm glad that's over for another year. :D

On yet another note - this is me.

ebc3c2f63b677c39a9c1c7178b0a0d6f.jpg

Just returned from a long drive. Went southwest to Taos, hit the junk shops, yard sales, and community sales. Lunch at the Bent Street Bistro and Cafe then north up to Fort Garland, east over the La Veta pass into Walsenburg then south back to Trinidad. Stopped at Bella Luna for pizza then back home...... I'm exhausted.

I absolutely LOVE Bing as a browser and have really enjoyed their beautiful HD backgrounds. BUT....Bing is an IE thing and you might want to rethink that for awhile until they find a patch for the nasty trojan they haven't been able to find a fix for. I switched everything over to Chrome for the duration.
Oh, I just now saw this. I can't seem to get rid of Bing from my desktop, and didn't know how it got there. :ack-1:

Automatic updates, that's how it got there, that's why I opt for Notify Me and Let me Choose. To remove it go to Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, select Bing Bar and select uninstall.

The update omits "Uninstall a Program" from the Control Panel. It also tells me at other times my Windows is a fake Windows program. My son "fixed" the computer so that the kids could help us with our bill payments until I understood all the things there is to know about finances management. I always just tried to get by as best as possible. I never had to worry about it when my husband managed his money. My family is so disgusted with me for being dumb as a box of rocks, painting with fabrics for charity, etc. Whatever the parents are, the kids seem to think they're dumb if not worthless, and my brood never leaves anything to the imagination. Wonder where they got that trait from. :lmao: :redface: :lmao:

Oh, I just now saw this. I can't seem to get rid of Bing from my desktop, and didn't know how it got there. :ack-1:

Automatic updates, that's how it got there, that's why I opt for Notify Me and Let me Choose. To remove it go to Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, select Bing Bar and select uninstall.

The update omits "Uninstall a Program" from the Control Panel. It also tells me at other times my Windows is a fake Windows program. My son "fixed" the computer so that the kids could help us with our bill payments until I understood all the things there is to know about finances management. I always just tried to get by as best as possible. I never had to worry about it when my husband managed his money. My family is so disgusted with me for being dumb as a box of rocks, painting with fabrics for charity, etc. Whatever the parents are, the kids seem to think they're dumb if not worthless, and my brood never leaves anything to the imagination. Wonder where they got that trait from. :lmao: :redface: :lmao:

At my house, rumor has it the trait skipped a generation.

/nod

Who loaded your Windows operating system? Was it (the operating system) bought second hand? If so M$ will claim it's a fake as the validation key is associated with another machine.

How to fix it:

How To Request a New Windows Product Key

Congratulations!

I spent the better part of the afternoon at the doctor's office. Interrupted sleep before, interrupted sleep after. Got maybe four hours total. I can't decide if I should cry, sulk, or pass out. Twenty-four minutes until final break, then I only have to survive until 4:30 (just over two hours from now.)

Prayers up, BDB. Hope you're feeling better and sleeping better before I can say, "melatonin!" :eusa_pray:

Congratulations!

I spent the better part of the afternoon at the doctor's office. Interrupted sleep before, interrupted sleep after. Got maybe four hours total. I can't decide if I should cry, sulk, or pass out. Twenty-four minutes until final break, then I only have to survive until 4:30 (just over two hours from now.)

Prayers up, BDB. Hope you're feeling better and sleeping better before I can say, "melatonin!" :eusa_pray:

You too, doll!!

Dad comes home today. Hopefully he comes home in a better mood than he did on Friday. Both he and mum decided it was a free for all to attack me, stupid me, pathetic me, unskilled me, lazy me, worthless me etc.
I forgive him because he was stressed about having to wait for so long for his operation.

No word on when he comes home, sometime later on, we think. His wounds were bleeding quite a lot last night, so that might be cause for concern.

Dad comes home today. Hopefully he comes home in a better mood than he did on Friday. Both he and mum decided it was a free for all to attack me, stupid me, pathetic me, unskilled me, lazy me, worthless me etc.
I forgive him because he was stressed about having to wait for so long for his operation.

No word on when he comes home, sometime later on, we think. His wounds were bleeding quite a lot last night, so that might be cause for concern.

Being the punching bag is sometimes the best gift you can give. Good for you and best wishes for your dad.

Being the punching bag is sometimes the best gift you can give. Good for you and best wishes for your dad.

They need to vent their anger, and they choose me. Pity it makes me stressed, depressed, and anxious.

Dad will be fine. He's just glum because he hasn't been able to ride his new motorbike for over a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back