USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said good morning earlier, but my Fire ate it. Le sob. :(

So good morning, Coffeemates! I have a dilemma. No coffee for me. No bottled water, not of any kind, anywhere. So no coffee. We're not supposed to use tap water. Plus housemate is sleeping on the couch in an open concept floor plan. I may already have wakened her once.

Sister's grands are still here, and had lunch yesterday with mine and their parents. :D I love family time, right up until I stop loving it and start clawing my way to open spaces. Being an introvert can suck.

And in a nod to my ADD - flowers!

b0abd6b5ca480ede8d6d0f5e97407a9c.jpg

Good morning everybody. Woke up stiff and sore this morning but the kinks are already working out. Big sis didn't want to go to church and has to go home soon after lunch, so Hombre and I decided I would stay home with her--felt rude to go off and leave her--and he's off to church. I hope to have a nice breakfast/brunch ready for him (and us) when he gets home.

Beautiful weather here though we do need moisture. Apparently there is a strong El Nino that will be developing over the next several weeks/months that could give us some relief from the drought, but whether it will be a drought ender remains to be seen.

Was just watching the news re the ice tsunami that is crashing into homes in Michigan. It is still the winter that isn't ending for them.

We seem to be past the freeze warnings now--surely there will be no more? I can plant some cucumbers?

Good morning everybody. Woke up stiff and sore this morning but the kinks are already working out. Big sis didn't want to go to church and has to go home soon after lunch, so Hombre and I decided I would stay home with her--felt rude to go off and leave her--and he's off to church. I hope to have a nice breakfast/brunch ready for him (and us) when he gets home.

Beautiful weather here though we do need moisture. Apparently there is a strong El Nino that will be developing over the next several weeks/months that could give us some relief from the drought, but whether it will be a drought ender remains to be seen.

Was just watching the news re the ice tsunami that is crashing into homes in Michigan. It is still the winter that isn't ending for them.

We seem to be past the freeze warnings now--surely there will be no more? I can plant some cucumbers?

Those ice tsunamis are really strange. I've only heard of them recently, never seen one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice morning here in northwestern Illinois. A bit overcast and breezy but no rain so far. Coffee is good this morning. My friend Otis' funeral is tomorrow afternoon so we will be going up to see his wife later today and take some food. Everybody seems to be taking his death pretty well.

I AM spending the rest of my life in a library. My own front room, which has wall to wall books. A lifetime collection of books on art, philosophy, religion, science, ect, and a small selection of classic fiction.

Question of the Day, or maybe the week - or just whenever I remember to ask again.

0b8d73f721c74c2f86378401f4e24742.jpg
I'd chose the library, but there's more to eat at the zoo.

We just got back from the charity dog walk. There was lot's of fun and some distress. Daisy the Mutt loves people and other dogs and peeing on spots where her colleagues had peed. But one of the sponsors was her groomer and getting her nails cut while going for a walk was something she did not expect.

We went for her annual check up and vaccinations yesterday. I asked the vet to toss in the Lyme disease vaccine. Ticks are terrible so far this Spring and I don't want to take any chances. Well, the vet said she would have to take a blood sample to see if Daisy had been exposed to Lyme disease. As it turns out, she had been exposed. Now I have to wait until tomorrow when the lab results come back to see if her exposure is actually a full fledged infection. There is a level, 30, that makes that call. If Daisy is over 30, she gets a regimine of anti-biotics. If it's under 30, she gets a modified vaccine for pets exposed, but not ill from Lyme disease.

So ask for the test before getting the vaccination for your pet. It's a numbers game, but one worth playing.

Question of the Day, or maybe the week - or just whenever I remember to ask again.

The zoo, hands down. Never saw any food in a library or museum for that matter. Would be nice if the museums had some snacks like hot dogs in the lobby for instance. A guy could starve to death.

The zoo, hands down. Never saw any food in a library or museum for that matter. Would be nice if the museums had some snacks like hot dogs in the lobby for instance. A guy could starve to death.

Having hot dogs at the zoo would be a very big plus because zebras simply love hot dogs!

another dreary day in the Pacific Northwest. Got up to a clogged sink. Not happy about it. My hubby tried to send the wrong stuff down the disposal. This house was not designed for a disposal. I only use it for the little stuff I can't pick out of the sink.

So tired, I didn't sleep much last night and now you want me to pick between a zoo, a museum and a library. I'm gonna have to go with the library. There you can see everything that's in the museum and the zoo, and it's not like they're going to let you touch them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back