USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question of the Day, or maybe the week - or just whenever I remember to ask again.

0b8d73f721c74c2f86378401f4e24742.jpg
The zoo, hands down. Never saw any food in a library or museum for that matter. Would be nice if the museums had some snacks like hot dogs in the lobby for instance. A guy could starve to death.

Good point, BUT!! Food is provided. Else "the rest of your life" means ... how long? I do not know.

another dreary day in the Pacific Northwest. Got up to a clogged sink. Not happy about it. My hubby tried to send the wrong stuff down the disposal. This house was not designed for a disposal. I only use it for the little stuff I can't pick out of the sink.

So tired, I didn't sleep much last night and now you want me to pick between a zoo, a museum and a library. I'm gonna have to go with the library. There you can see everything that's in the museum and the zoo, and it's not like they're going to let you touch them anyway.

True. Plus if it's a library like Barnes & Noble, there will be many comfortable chairs and ottomans for your collapsing pleasure. :thup:

I would go with the library provided it offered free wi-fi and I could order in food. More comfortable chairs, better lighting, and a pleasant group of people to associate with.

And heads up everybody. I almost forgot that it is the fourth birthday of the USMB Coffee shop!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMB COFFEE SHOP!!!​

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

As of this hour:
Coffee Shop I had 80,455 posts and 3,297,035 views.
Coffee Shop II had 25,935 posts and 495,003 views.
Coffee Shop III has 2,041 posts and 20,312 view.

And 375 different members have posted in the Coffee Shop give or take a few to allow for those that I missed and didn't get on the list and those who have had name changes and are therefore on the list twice.

That is a grand total since May 4, 2010 of 108,431 posts and 3,812,350 views!!!

What will the total be in another four years? I hope we are all here to celebrate it.

Last edited:
Question of the Day, or maybe the week - or just whenever I remember to ask again.

The zoo, hands down. Never saw any food in a library or museum for that matter. Would be nice if the museums had some snacks like hot dogs in the lobby for instance. A guy could starve to death.

2009_0904_Library_LG1.jpg

1110-library-cafe-01.jpg
I need to get out to the library more often. Back in my day, eating anywhere within the walls of the library was frowned upon. I recall asking why and was told that food attracts ants and ants get into the books and destroy them. It sounded silly to me back then and still does. How in the world can ants destroy a book?

Having hot dogs at the zoo would be a very big plus because zebras simply love hot dogs!
Dining with the zebras would be another bonus. Provided they don't swipe my hot dogs!

2009_0904_Library_LG1.jpg

1110-library-cafe-01.jpg
I need to get out to the library more often. Back in my day, eating anywhere within the walls of the library was frowned upon. I recall asking why and was told that food attracts ants and ants get into the books and destroy them. It sounded silly to me back then and still does. How in the world can ants destroy a book?

I had not heard about ants being a menace to books...but are you familiar with book scorpions??:eek:

090417-180016-m.jpg

I had not heard about ants being a menace to books...but are you familiar with book scorpions??:eek:

090417-180016-m.jpg

Termites are ants and they will eat books if that is made available to them. I'll admit to having been educated today on book scorpions though. :)

But I would think a good exterminator would take care of any pest problems and I really like Jughead's suggestion of the library with a cafe included. Don't all the big chain store bookstores have some kind of food or cappuccino bars?

090417-180016-m.jpg

We were at the Main library here a few weeks ago doing genealogy research which took all day. They have a cafe but it's on the lower level. They wouldn't allow us to bring lunch to the upper levels where we were and you couldn't take it to the main floor of the library. We could only take water.

That picture looks like the cafe is on the lower level as well.

another dreary day in the Pacific Northwest. Got up to a clogged sink. Not happy about it. My hubby tried to send the wrong stuff down the disposal. This house was not designed for a disposal. I only use it for the little stuff I can't pick out of the sink.
This was happening at work in one of the restroom sinks. It kept getting clogged and we couldn't figure out why. Then we finally found out that one of the employees was bringing his lunch to work and throwing leftover soup and oil into the sink. :evil:

And heads up everybody. I almost forgot that it is the fourth birthday of the USMB Coffee shop!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMB COFFEE SHOP!!!​

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

As of this hour:
Coffee Shop I had 80,455 posts and 3,297,035 views.
Coffee Shop II had 25,935 posts and 495,003 views.
Coffee Shop III has 2,041 posts and 20,312 view.

And 375 different members have posted in the Coffee Shop give or take a few to allow for those that I missed and didn't get on the list and those who have had name changes and are therefore on the list twice.

That is a grand total since May 4, 2010 of 108,431 posts and 3,812,350 views!!!

What will the total be in another four years? I hope we are all here to celebrate it.

4th%2Bbirthday.jpg

Foxy gets to blow out the candles! :)

caitlin_cake_nov08_tilt.jpg

090417-180016-m.jpg

We were at the Main library here a few weeks ago doing genealogy research which took all day. They have a cafe but it's on the lower level. They wouldn't allow us to bring lunch to the upper levels where we were and you couldn't take it to the main floor of the library. We could only take water.

That picture looks like the cafe is on the lower level as well.

Yup, that is pretty much par for the course for all Libraries. Coffee and food is allowed on the ground floor in the cafe area but elsewhere food is not allowed. Not just a matter of ants but also about cleaning up afterwards.

090417-180016-m.jpg
First time I hear of book scorpions. Wonder if they're poisonous or they're attacted to food like ants? That would be something to see them in a library. One thing's for sure, they'd clear out a library pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back