USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well we all get to watch Mr./Ms. Jenner become whatever it is he/she wants. Personally I am busy becoming what I want to be also. As it turns out it is not changing genders, drugs, a life of crime or hurting others, so it will quietly play out in private. Yay me!

Well we all get to watch Mr./Ms. Jenner become whatever it is he/she wants. Personally I am busy becoming what I want to be also. As it turns out it is not changing genders, drugs, a life of crime or hurting others, so it will quietly play out in private. Yay me!

Well never mind the sex-change operation that appears to not be in your near future. Give us an update on the new grandbaby.

Oh and good morning everybody. Hope all are having a great weekend. Looking forward to Sherry and WQ's return with reports of their big adventure. We should have a slightly warmer day today but still in the 60's--we are predicted to have a high in mid 50's tomorrow with more rain possible. I am sooooo glad we postponed having the heat and a/c switched over yesterday. I am such a wimp.

We're Baaack!!!!

Sorry....we got back late last night. Busy day today. I'll let Sherry give you guys the full report. Down loaded pics this afternoon. I'll dump a few in photobucket and post.

We had a wonderful time. Sherry kept me straight. :) Saw lots of cool things. Love you guys....and glad to be back.

Hope your vacation was all you hoped it would be. Looking forward to a full report. :)

A very chilly Sunday in Albuquerque - 50 degrees and won't get a lot warmer today with thunderstorms predicted. Colfax county north of us--very close to Ringel's former digs--is under a winter storm warning today and tonight with up to 15 inches of snow forecast.

Andrew got the gold in the 200 meter dash today at the region special Olympics.

Hooray for Andrew. Sounds like he is doing very well which has to be a real blessing for you both.

It was a rough first year with Independent Living Services but now they really are a blessing. They even sent the caregiver I asked for with him and she's great.

Over the last month the wife and I have been frequently miscommunicating, speaking in partial sentences and expecting each other to be mind readers...... :lol: As a result we're snapping at each other, lot's of stress on both our parts and while she knows it was an accident that hurt me yesterday she's still upset because it ruined her plans for today, I'm upset because I got hurt and I have too much to do to be injured....... We both know we're doing it so it's really okay, it's a stress release and we both feel safe enough to bounce off of each other from time to time and not let it damage or destroy our marriage, strain it on occasion but nothing more than that. :lol:
Tomorrow we're going to a swap meet not far from here, I'll just take it slowly and it gives her a chance to "escape" for a little while. :thup:
Mentioned it earlier but it's a good thing it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as it did yesterday though it is still pretty sore. Read on a couple of medical sites that bone contusions, the fracturing of the internal marrow without fracturing the hard part of the bone, can take 3 to 6 months to completely heal.
I hope you get better soon.

Andrew got the gold in the 200 meter dash today at the region special Olympics.

Hooray for Andrew. Sounds like he is doing very well which has to be a real blessing for you both.

It was a rough first year with Independent Living Services but now they really are a blessing. They even sent the caregiver I asked for with him and she's great.

Well it has always been obvious the love you have for Andrew and no doubt he for you, but there comes a time when we have to reach out and accept help that is available for people with Andrew's disabilities. It was obvious, to me anyway, that such a time had arrived for you and Andrew so I was so glad that you did even though your stresses through the transition were also obvious. And I am most pleased that it has turned out to be a happy experience for everybody.

Question for the computer geeks. I have my default browser set as Google Chrome. I access USMB through Google Chrome. But if I try to make a shortcut to USMB from Google Chrome on my desktop, it reverts to IE. Why? And is there anything I can do to make a Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop?

Question for the computer geeks. I have my default browser set as Google Chrome. I access USMB through Google Chrome. But if I try to make a shortcut to USMB from Google Chrome on my desktop, it reverts to IE. Why? And is there anything I can do to make a Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop?
You have IE set up as the default browser so anything on the desktop will default to the program that is set when clicked on. Now whether you can single out a specific program that's not your default I don't know, this should tell you;
Set program access and computer defaults - Windows Help

Oh and good morning everybody. Hope all are having a great weekend. Looking forward to Sherry and WQ's return with reports of their big adventure. We should have a slightly warmer day today but still in the 60's--we are predicted to have a high in mid 50's tomorrow with more rain possible. I am sooooo glad we postponed having the heat and a/c switched over yesterday. I am such a wimp.

We're Baaack!!!!

Sorry....we got back late last night. Busy day today. I'll let Sherry give you guys the full report. Down loaded pics this afternoon. I'll dump a few in photobucket and post.

We had a wonderful time. Sherry kept me straight. :) Saw lots of cool things. Love you guys....and glad to be back.

Saturday: The drive up was mostly uneventful...a couple of small backups, but we made it in just over 12 hours. We won't use Expedia again to book a room in advance, and I won't bore you with the details as to why. Everything worked out in the end, but an unnecessary hiccup after a long day of driving. We got to drive around some that evening. WQ, who is the best tour guide ever, showed me some cool sights, including the inside of The Jefferson. Richmond Luxury Hotels The Jefferson Hotel - Packages VA Hotel Packages Then he took me out for a nice dinner...actually he took me to great places to eat all week.:)

Sunday: We toured Monticello, which is absolutely amazing...everyone should have an opportunity to visit. Thomas Jefferson s Monticello Afterwards, we had a fantastic lunch at historic Michie's Tavern. Michie Tavern Charlottesville Virginia Get A Taste of the 18th Century Finally, we stopped off to tour Monroe's home. Ash Lawn-Highland

Monday: We drove down to "the rivah" to see some of the historic grand plantation homes which were on display during Garden Week. Westover Home
Home

Tuesday: We spent the day in Richmond. We visited some Civil War places: American Civil War CenterAmerican Civil War Center At Historic Tredegar In Richmond Virginia. Chimborazo Hospital - Richmond National Battlefield Park U.S. National Park Service Then my favorite part of the trip was our visit to Maymont Park and the breathtaking Dooley Mansion from the Gilded Age. Maymont Mansion - Maymont

Wednesday: We toured the Jamestown Settlement...fantastic museum and I really enjoyed going onto the ships. Jamestown Settlement ships fort Powhatan Indian village Then we headed down the road to the original Jamestown site, which was WQ's favorite part of the trip. Historic Jamestowne Part of Colonial National Historical Park U.S. National Park Service

Thursday: We visited Colonial Williamsburg...we saw a lot in one day, and could have used an extra to not feel so rushed. http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com...K=8445726663&gclid=CNicloHnlMUCFdY8gQodjHIA7A

Friday: We hit more traffic on the way back and it took us over 13 hours, but it was a jam packed and fun-filled vacation.:thup:

We're Baaack!!!!

Saturday: The drive up was mostly uneventful...a couple of small backups, but we made it in just over 12 hours. We won't use Expedia again to book a room in advance, and I won't bore you with the details as to why. Everything worked out in the end, but an unnecessary hiccup after a long day of driving. We got to drive around some that evening. WQ, who is the best tour guide ever, showed me some cool sights, including the inside of The Jefferson. Richmond Luxury Hotels The Jefferson Hotel - Packages VA Hotel Packages Then he took me out for a nice dinner...actually he took me to great places to eat all week.:)

Sunday: We toured Monticello, which is absolutely amazing...everyone should have an opportunity to visit. Thomas Jefferson s Monticello Afterwards, we had a fantastic lunch at historic Michie's Tavern. Michie Tavern Charlottesville Virginia Get A Taste of the 18th Century Finally, we stopped off to tour Monroe's home. Ash Lawn-Highland

Monday: We drove down to "the rivah" to see some of the historic grand plantation homes which were on display during Garden Week. Westover Home
Home

Tuesday: We spent the day in Richmond. We visited some Civil War places: American Civil War CenterAmerican Civil War Center At Historic Tredegar In Richmond Virginia. Chimborazo Hospital - Richmond National Battlefield Park U.S. National Park Service Then my favorite part of the trip was our visit to Maymont Park and the breathtaking Dooley Mansion from the Gilded Age. Maymont Mansion - Maymont

Wednesday: We toured the Jamestown Settlement...fantastic museum and I really enjoyed going onto the ships. Jamestown Settlement ships fort Powhatan Indian village Then we headed down the road to the original Jamestown site, which was WQ's favorite part of the trip. Historic Jamestowne Part of Colonial National Historical Park U.S. National Park Service

Thursday: We visited Colonial Williamsburg...we saw a lot in one day, and could have used an extra to not feel so rushed. http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com...K=8445726663&gclid=CNicloHnlMUCFdY8gQodjHIA7A

Friday: We hit more traffic on the way back and it took us over 13 hours, but it was a jam packed and fun-filled vacation.:thup:

It sounds wonderful Sherry. And I am soooooo jealous. I love visiting historical sites , especially when they are beautiful. Thanks for the virtual tour guide. :)

We're Baaack!!!!

Home

Visited most of those at least once during my 35 years in Virginia. One I visited probably more than any other place was the site of the Battle of Fair Oaks, the final battle of Second Manassas (2nd Bull Run). Unfortunately there's not much there that commemorates the battle......... :eusa_whistle:
Two of the Unions most promising Generals were killed there, the battle took place during a massive thunderstorm.

1373987142grandcourt_071613.png

Yup, they put a huge shopping mall right on the site.

Cool here today, overcast with occasional rain (mostly verga though), very high winds with the high so far around 60. The locals are walking around in winter clothes........ :lol:
Apparently they got a dusting of snow here last year, shut the city down for two days....... :lmao:

Well never mind the sex-change operation that appears to not be in your near future. Give us an update on the new grandbaby.

Mrs. Liberty, my parents and I will go visit on Tuesday. Ellie and parents came home late this afternoon. Miss Harper is at Grandma's house. Apparently there was a MRSA possibility at her daycare, so we are keeping the apart until we are certain no threat exists. I saw Harper tonight and she seems very healthy.

Didn't get a height on Ellie yet, but she weighed 7lbs. 6 oz.

We're Baaack!!!!

Home

Visited most of those at least once during my 35 years in Virginia. One I visited probably more than any other place was the site of the Battle of Fair Oaks, the final battle of Second Manassas (2nd Bull Run). Unfortunately there's not much there that commemorates the battle......... :eusa_whistle:
Two of the Unions most promising Generals were killed there, the battle took place during a massive thunderstorm.

I'm surprised that was allowed. Hombre has always been fascinated with Civil War battlefields and if we get anywhere close to one, he is gung ho to go visit and walk the entire premises. So we have seen every battlefield in New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, and Kansas, and when we spent a long summer in West Virginia, with many forays into Virginia, we saw a whole bunch more of them with the crowning one of course being Appomattox.

We're Baaack!!!!

Home

I'm surprised that was allowed. Hombre has always been fascinated with Civil War battlefields and if we get anywhere close to one, he is gung ho to go visit and walk the entire premises. So we have seen every battlefield in New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, and Kansas, and when we spent a long summer in West Virginia, with many forays into Virginia, we saw a whole bunch more of them with the crowning one of course being Appomattox.
It was built in the 80s, one of the construction programs that fueled the move to save American battlefields. Laws were passed and the Department of Interior made rules (given the nod by Congress) to create no construction buffer zones around many of the national battlefields which obviously ticked off many who had bought lands with the intent of making lots of money in development. One that was eventually built next to the Manassas battlefield had already been in the works and after much litigation was allowed to build, just not as big as was originally planned.
The last time we were at Fair Oaks Mall at least half of the stores were empty but the whole area around it has already been built up with office, commercial and residential zones so tearing it down and restoring the battlefield really wouldn't matter.

Forum List

Back