USMB Coffee Shop IV

And an amazing flute. Thank you for that Foxy. This was my special ring tone for my late friend Terry:

Ironic....

Yes. I still so resent the current generation for taking all the great melodies and lyrics out of music as well as the great instrumental work that enhanced them in those 'olden days'.

And I am honestly not trying to be an old fogie about it. I have steeled myself and forced myself to have an open mind about the stuff presented as music in the Country Music Awards, on The Voice, on American Idol, the Grammys et al. I figured it would sound better to me with familiarity.

It doesn't.

Well there's your problem! Those are terrible places to go to listen to music. :lol:

Ack! I just dipped my toes into the Politics forum pool and I've got to say, that water is freezing! :lol:

Sometimes I wonder how many people are actually as.....aggressively passionate, let's call it, about their viewpoints as we see on the board. :p

Good morning all. It is kind of sort of trying to rain in Albuquerque and that is a very good thing. But I did call our HVAC guy and asked if we could postpone shutting down the furnace until next Friday. As he wasn't eager to climb roofs in the rain, they agreed. I am much relieved as we are not supposed to get out of the mid 60's today, will be in the 50's for a high on Sunday, and in the low 40's every night for the next week. New Mexico actually got some snow this week.

And yes, Montro. The board is pretty wicked out there. You'll do some better in the Civil Debate Zone or the new Structured Discussion Zone that I love. But the more lenient 'free speech' policies at USMB does seem to promote more meannness in many forums though many really seem to appreciate the looser policies.

There are people who actually think the Coffee Shop is phony because we are nice to each other in here. :)

Last edited:
Good morning all. It is kind of sort of trying to rain in Albuquerque and that is a very good thing. But I did call our HVAC guy and asked if we could postpone shutting down the furnace until next Friday. As he wasn't eager to climb roofs in the rain, they agreed. I am much relieved as we are not supposed to get out of the mid 60's today, will be in the 50's for a high on Sunday, and in the low 40's every night for the next week. New Mexico actually got some snow this week.
Yup, got those fronts moving through here also. Just stepped out back to turn the pool pump on (gotta run the pump 8 hours every day), it's 60 degrees but with high winds, I'm wearing a t-shirt and gym shorts......... I didn't stay outside long........ Not planning on going swimming just yet.........
I do have to run some errands, the wife wants an exercise poster laminated and I have to make a run to Wally World, the house is starting to shape up some more but there's still a ton of boxes to go through, when the shelf pins we ordered from Ikea arrive we can at least get the bookcases stocked, that should get rid of half the unopened boxes.
Gizmo is definitely becoming more of an indoor kitty, he'll go out back but stays in the back yard and he's becoming quite territorial. Last night we heard a horrible growling and howling coming from the master bedroom, Giz like to lay in the open window (the bottom of the window is only a few inches off the ground). One of the neighborhood cats decided to "visit" and Giz didn't take too kindly to it.......... What was funny is he was hiding behind one of the wardrobes making all this racket. I finally had to go out front and chase the visitor away. The other 2 older cats were staying out of the room, freaked out by Giz's yowling. :lol:
The garage guy and plumbers showed up yesterday so now the toilets and garage doors are working properly. The one toilet that I thought had a bad wax ring ended up having NO wax ring. Whoever installed it set the toilet in a bed of grout instead..... pretty stupid.......

Morning !

I hope everyone has a great weekend. :)
funny-animals-118.jpg

Oh and watching Giz when he gets a wild kitten hair is hysterical, with the tile floors there's little traction so when he takes off running he runs in place for a second or two before getting traction (like on the cartoons) and when he rounds corners at full speed he's like a race car on a dirt track sliding around the corner..... :lol:
Poor Jasper gets the brunt of Gizmos play fighting, Giz will follow him all over the house jumping on Jasper's back, sometimes Giz gets a little to rambunctious and the growling, yelling and hissing starts.........

You know, Dajjal, I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I feel you have a talent in writing and I love your avatar. You rate 100% in my book.

Thanks, Have you seen my paintings in the arts and craft forum?

My paintings US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

OOhh Myyyy, Dajjal, what an amazing imagination you have and what a talent you are. I very much enjoyed studying those paintings. I can't imagine why you aren't famous and why those paintings aren't hanging in museums or private collections, all over the world. They truly inspire and intrigue. And you truly are an interesting man. So happy we have you with us. You are someone I would like to actually meet so I could explore your beautiful gifted mind. You are a man of soul and depth. I somehow have known that for a long time, just through your interesting way of posting.

I am grateful you sent me that link, of your world, I otherwise would doubtfully never have noticed. :smiliehug:

Oh and watching Giz when he gets a wild kitten hair is hysterical, with the tile floors there's little traction so when he takes off running he runs in place for a second or two before getting traction (like on the cartoons) and when he rounds corners at full speed he's like a race car on a dirt track sliding around the corner..... :lol:
Poor Jasper gets the brunt of Gizmos play fighting, Giz will follow him all over the house jumping on Jasper's back, sometimes Giz gets a little to rambunctious and the growling, yelling and hissing starts.........

Cats are truly amusing, when together. They can be the height of entertainment. I can just envision Giz sliding around those corners...lol

And yes, Montro. The board is pretty wicked out there. You'll do some better in the Civil Debate Zone or the new Structured Discussion Zone that I love. But the more lenient 'free speech' policies at USMB does seem to promote more meannness in many forums though many really seem to appreciate the looser policies.

There are people who actually think the Coffee Shop is phony because we are nice to each other in here. :)

But the more lenient 'free speech' policies at USMB does seem to promote more meanness in many forums

Yes foxy, as does a free site. Any site that attracts freeloaders, will always be the worst, unless there is something of value to gain from it. As with the previous reputation system that brought in the highest and the best, and most stimulating and exciting, posters, in my opinion. What was left, since it's demise, is no more than a playground full of angry or bored people arguing. But some people thrive on that and for those who don't, we have the CS, where our days can begin in goodwill. :thup:

I sure do miss 007. I always had fun playing with him in what was our virtual reality. Since he and I are so much alike in many ways, we always got each others sense of humor and could pretend together. As an example, I haven't ridden in the lap of someone steering a John Deere tractor, or Harley, or worked in the garden with anyone since he has been MIA. I hope he is off somewhere having fun and will come back to the CS, sooner than later. My short shorts and Daisey Duke tight-fitting tops are just waiting. :wink_2:

I heard that you got some white stuff. Did Sandia Peak get any? I used to love to look east and see that.

I heard that you got some white stuff. Did Sandia Peak get any? I used to love to look east and see that.

If Sandia Peak got any snow, it was of the wet and wimpy sort that melted quickly off the west face. There is still plenty of snow up there, but sub par for this time of year. All the patches of snow won't be melted until late May or June sometime. These late snows are usually more common in the higher northern mountains though.

But yes, when the snow does stick on the west face of the Sandias where we can see it, it is so beautiful.

You know, Dajjal, I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I feel you have a talent in writing and I love your avatar. You rate 100% in my book.

OOhh Myyyy, Dajjal, what an amazing imagination you have and what a talent you are. I very much enjoyed studying those paintings. I can't imagine why you aren't famous and why those paintings aren't hanging in museums or private collections, all over the world. They truly inspire and intrigue. And you truly are an interesting man. So happy we have you with us. You are someone I would like to actually meet so I could explore your beautiful gifted mind. You are a man of soul and depth. I somehow have known that for a long time, just through your interesting way of posting.

I am grateful you sent me that link, of your world, I otherwise would doubtfully never have noticed. :smiliehug:

Hi! Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately I do not value my work so highly. In fact I gave up painting years ago precisely because they were not good enough to hang in galleries. I consider the best of them to be second rate. I no longer have the desire to paint. But I though they were worth posting here though.

Hi! Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately I do not value my work so highly. In fact I gave up painting years ago precisely because they were not good enough to hang in galleries. I consider the best of them to be second rate. I no longer have the desire to paint. But I though they were worth posting here though.
I looked at your work, whoever told you it wasn't good enough to hang in galleries is full of it. My work, though different, is gallery quality, I've been told so by many people in the past, yours is at least as good if not better in certain ways.
Don't listen to the naysayers and if you want to make money stop posting them for anyone to take for free.

With this move (and all the others before it) we've acquired many, many boxes. I've been breaking them down for storage and finally today cleared the area in the garage to store them. Was using two very large and heavy boards to hold them in place untill I could put up some eyelets and tie the boxes against the wall. Add the a couple to the 20 or so already in place and they decided to push out at the bottom knocking the boards over, one went over a full box on the floor and kicked up at the bottom, nailed me on the right ankle........ It's abraded and definitely bruised, very sore...... not a happy camper right now.....

With this move (and all the others before it) we've acquired many, many boxes. I've been breaking them down for storage and finally today cleared the area in the garage to store them. Was using two very large and heavy boards to hold them in place untill I could put up some eyelets and tie the boxes against the wall. Add the a couple to the 20 or so already in place and they decided to push out at the bottom knocking the boards over, one went over a full box on the floor and kicked up at the bottom, nailed me on the right ankle........ It's abraded and definitely bruised, very sore...... not a happy camper right now.....

Well gee Ringel. Things have been going smoothly for a couple of days. You had to expect it didn't you? (Just teasing. Sorry about your sore ankle.)

Who told you they were not good enough to hang in galleries? They are superior to a lot of stuff hanging in galleries all over the place around here.

Okay Coffee Shoppers, it is baby time here. My daughter is at University of Michigan being induced later this evening. Apparently there was less amniotic fluid than the doctors would like, so it is a birthday either Friday or Saturday. Saturday is anniversary time for Mrs. Liberty and me. Also my grandmother's birthday, RIP.

Will keep you, your family, and your daughter and new grandbaby in my prayers tonight and tomorrow Save. And will hope for a really good anniversary too.

Miss Ellie has arrived.

Okay Coffee Shoppers, it is baby time here. My daughter is at University of Michigan being induced later this evening. Apparently there was less amniotic fluid than the doctors would like, so it is a birthday either Friday or Saturday. Saturday is anniversary time for Mrs. Liberty and me. Also my grandmother's birthday, RIP.

Will keep you, your family, and your daughter and new grandbaby in my prayers tonight and tomorrow Save. And will hope for a really good anniversary too.

Miss Ellie has arrived.

Wonderful news. And Miss Ellie's mom, dad, grandparents are all in good shape?

Forum List

Back