USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning everyone! I hope the day finds everyone well. I got a nice 5 mile run in this morning. It was chilly and windy but those are my favorite running conditions. Cheers!

Good for you! I'm facing one here in a few minutes. It takes me about 30 minutes for exercises, then getting bathed and dressed, another 45 to 60. lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Morning everyone! I hope the day finds everyone well. I got a nice 5 mile run in this morning. It was chilly and windy but those are my favorite running conditions. Cheers!

Good for you! I'm facing one here in a few minutes. It takes me about 30 minutes for exercises, then getting bathed and dressed, another 45 to 60. lol.

Have fun! It takes about an hour for the excercises and about 30 minutes to get showered and dressed. If I go to the gym it takes much longer but I didn't have the time today so I went for a run instead. lol.

Had leftover chicken, made a chicken and broccoli stir fry....... :thup:
Now I'm indulging in the bad stuff........ Caramel butter pecan ice cream........ :thup: :thup:

That sounds like a great meal. Love those pecans in that ice cream flavor.

Last night I had a new-for-me frozen product I bought at Walmart because it was on sale for $2. Brand, Tai-Pei and it was loaded with carbs....way too many for me...should have halved it, but it is called Beef and Broccoli and described as beef and broccoli in Asian style ( :eusa_think: ) sauce with steamed rice. Sodium and carb amounts through the roof. lol. It was delicious though, after I poured a lot of soy sauce into it. It was so good, I hope I never see it again...lol
There was a reason it was on sale........ Yeah, I tried it myself, once, a while back...... :lol:

Yes, it was probably needing to be sold before the expiration date. I liked the way Walmart marketed it though. A nearby popular and very nice all-purpose store sells the same things as Walmart but they can't compete in price because they have fewer stores, so Walmart advertised my carb meal, as "$2.00 and at Fred Meyer, $3.89" ( or close...can't remember, but what a great marketing strategy. ) It was a strategy that closed the sale for me. :thup: Love it when businesses compete. Keeps prices as low as possible for the consumer.

And good morning everybody. My new Gigabyte keyboard arrived yesterday on schedule and it is great to have all the keys working again. Some nice features on it--a couple I don't like such as the delete key and backspace key are normal size instead of double size which is what I am used to but I can get used to that.

Are they working on the board this morning? Sometimes it is like slogging through molasses, a problem I am not having on other sites.

The mystery of the bb code editor continues. I tried Firefox once again but it was as wonky and unstable on Windows 8.1 as it was before, so I changed my default browser to Google Chrome and voila, I have a bb code editor. So apparently it is only IE that isn't a happy camper with this site.

But it is a beautiful day in Albuquerque and I hope to actually get some necessary chores done. Or not in which case they weren't really necessary were they?

You know, Dajjal, I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I feel you have a talent in writing and I love your avatar. You rate 100% in my book.

Thanks, Have you seen my paintings in the arts and craft forum?

My paintings US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Wow Dajjal. I hadn't seen that thread, but your work is quite remarkable and provocative. I am something of a connoisseure of art and there is some impressive talent there.

A friend just reacquainted the world with this Jethro Hull creation of a very distant past--features some great piano and guitar work that was so typical of the single greatest era in American music which in my opinion stretched from the mid 50's to the late 70's. Brought back some great memories.

Last edited:
And an amazing flute. Thank you for that Foxy. This was my special ring tone for my late friend Terry:

Ironic....

Yes. I still so resent the current generation for taking all the great melodies and lyrics out of music as well as the great instrumental work that enhanced them in those 'olden days'.

And I am honestly not trying to be an old fogie about it. I have steeled myself and forced myself to have an open mind about the stuff presented as music in the Country Music Awards, on The Voice, on American Idol, the Grammys et al. I figured it would sound better to me with familiarity.

It doesn't.

And an amazing flute. Thank you for that Foxy. This was my special ring tone for my late friend Terry:

Ironic....

Yes. I still so resent the current generation for taking all the great melodies and lyrics out of music as well as the great instrumental work that enhanced them in those 'olden days'.

And I am honestly not trying to be an old fogie about it. I have steeled myself and forced myself to have an open mind about the stuff presented as music in the Country Music Awards, on The Voice, on American Idol, the Grammys et al. I figured it would sound better to me with familiarity.

It doesn't.

I agree, but in my position, I listen, or am forced to listen to a lot of modern stuff. I must cater to customers.
During the day, however, there is classic Rock playing and occasionally some country.
And, at about midnight, every night, this:

Ironic....

It doesn't.

One other thing that is happening, in order to renew the patent either the original artist re-does and re-releases a song or someone else buys it (or buys into it) and does their version. Heard a lot of that lately, we'll probably be hearing it much more often.
Lionel Richie just did that, most of the artists fall within the Country genre and Lionel sang some of the songs with some of them.

Decide which is the #1 rated supermarket in America and then see if you are right. More importantly see if your favorite supermarket made the cut of the 30 'best'. (Mine didn't)

America s Best Supermarkets Slideshow Slideshow The Daily Meal
Yeah, saw that last night, kinda surprised who made number one.

Yes, me too. We go to Sprouts once in awhile because they have great produce and often feature some great prices, and we go to Trader Joes for some hard to find items like fresh blueberry juice and stuff. But I wouldn't rate either one of them as my favorite or 'best' for all things.

Decide which is the #1 rated supermarket in America and then see if you are right. More importantly see if your favorite supermarket made the cut of the 30 'best'. (Mine didn't)

America s Best Supermarkets Slideshow Slideshow The Daily Meal
Yeah, saw that last night, kinda surprised who made number one.

Yes, me too. We go to Sprouts once in awhile because they have great produce and often feature some great prices, and we go to Trader Joes for some hard to find items like fresh blueberry juice and stuff. But I wouldn't rate either one of them as my favorite or 'best' for all things.
For me it used to be Safeway and Super Wally World, now it's Albertsons and Super Wally World. On rare occasions I'll go to Trader Joes or Whole Foods.

Same here. 90% Albertsons, which we much prefer over Smiths (Krogers), and the rest divided between Walmart, Trader Joes, and Sprouts (a whole foods market). Every once in awhile I pick up some great Blue Bell icecream on sale at Walgreens too, but since they recalled all their ice cream, that isn't currently an option. :)

Okay Coffee Shoppers, it is baby time here. My daughter is at University of Michigan being induced later this evening. Apparently there was less amniotic fluid than the doctors would like, so it is a birthday either Friday or Saturday. Saturday is anniversary time for Mrs. Liberty and me. Also my grandmother's birthday, RIP.

Okay Coffee Shoppers, it is baby time here. My daughter is at University of Michigan being induced later this evening. Apparently there was less amniotic fluid than the doctors would like, so it is a birthday either Friday or Saturday. Saturday is anniversary time for Mrs. Liberty and me. Also my grandmother's birthday, RIP.

Will keep you, your family, and your daughter and new grandbaby in my prayers tonight and tomorrow Save. And will hope for a really good anniversary too.

Forum List

Back