USMB Coffee Shop IV

Last one to bed and first one up. Good morning everybody. A better day here after a good night's sleep. Hope everybody is having a good Tuesday.

Last one to bed and first one up. Good morning everybody. A better day here after a good night's sleep. Hope everybody is having a good Tuesday.

Hi Foxy, I have been up a while. I have found new Muslims to torment on twitter. Well it gets me through the day.

Tuesday's grin

fun-animals-211.jpg

fun-animals-72.jpg

I just noticed that Nosmo hasn't posted in several days. Hope he's okay and just busy. I don't worry as much about those who don't live alone, but when folks disappear without a word like Becki and Sheila, for example, it is a concern.
Just checking in. Sorry I didn't make a big exit speech. I didn't like the new form so I kind of just faded away. Still around on facebook though. Got bored today so decided to see if anybody missed me. I guess you did. I've missed the lot of you too.

Update for those who missed me. Had surgery on my foot last Jun which wiped out my knee as well. Months of physical therapy and joining the community center last Jan and actually exercising, I'm doing much better and can walk again. Also back to all of my volunteer positions. Lots of work, no pay. The board of the theater took my friend and I out to dinner as a "thank you" for all our work. It was great fun and I felt really appreciated. Wish they'd do that every year, this was the first time in all the years I've been volunteering there and we put in a lot of hours too. In fact, I have to get busy to find the volunteer ushers for our next play coming up on May 1st.

My husband's parkinson's is still an issue though with physical therapy he's doing a little better. He's back to painting, though it's with his left hand, he's getting as good as he was with his right hand. I wish we could sell some of those paintings to pay for more paints and canvases.

My youngest (low functioning autism) is well placed and back in the special olympics this year. He comes to visit us for dinner once a week and we visit him frequently. My oldest is still not working and living at home (he's high functioning autism) I finally have him going to the church with me on Mondays to give out lunches to the homeless. He's enjoying it and at least it gets him out of the house.

Anyway, I kind of faded away because I don't like this new forum so it's not anything personal. Hope you all are doing well. -Sheila

I just noticed that Nosmo hasn't posted in several days. Hope he's okay and just busy. I don't worry as much about those who don't live alone, but when folks disappear without a word like Becki and Sheila, for example, it is a concern.
Just checking in. Sorry I didn't make a big exit speech. I didn't like the new form so I kind of just faded away. Still around on facebook though. Got bored today so decided to see if anybody missed me. I guess you did. I've missed the lot of you too.
We did. Ya'll start posting again or we'll have to hunt you down.

Sheila (imagine exclamation points here--I'm having major keyboard issues today. . . . )

So good to see you. I'm sorry you dislike the new format--so do the rest of us but we're getting used to it somewhat. . .it actually has one or two features I like--but happy you checked back in and caught us up with what is going on with you. Even if it was an attack of boredom and not that you love us that prompted you to do it. (teasing. . . .)

Sounds like things are looking up for you and that's a good thing. Don't be a stranger, okay?

Speaking of my keyboard, it is driving me crazy. Some keys don't work at all, and I have to put the capslock on to type some capital letters and then take it off to finish a sentence. . . and it is a fairly new Logitech keyboard - wireless and high end with ALL the bells and whistles. But the letters are wearing off a lot of the keys--some are barely there and some keys are absolutely blank now.

I have a new keyboard ordered from Amazon - a Gigabyte that I never heard of but it too has all the bells and whistles plus a backlit keyboard with engraved keys that maybe I won't wear off all the letters. Will report quality when I get it--the price was right. Just checked and it left Holbrook Az around 8 a.m. so it should be arriving in Albuquerque shortly. Is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. It better. . . .maybe I can resist throwing this one through the window that long. . . .

So busy...

Landscape season has arrived and with my first batch of poison ivy, it is too late to turn back now. I simply have people I want to help that way to stop. The car business is crazy trying to be a salesperson, used car manager and temporary new car manager. The cars I bought last week barely replaced all we sold this week. Found some time to sell a new one today. Our finance manager is on vacation too, so I had to help get an approval today. The body shop manager is concerned about us selling more cars. He is telling me all his great ideas and I just want to ask him how many people he is in for today? I figure I was good for five people today.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Well, good to see AS back with us! :thup:
Okay, the wife's Prius is fixed, just in time, she has to go out to one of the clinics today then back to the office, I don't have to play chauffeur. Got the grocery shopping done today but very little back at the house, allergies are kicking my butt, I'm exhausted and my extremities end up feeling like led not to mention everything hurts from all the moving and lifting. The pool repair guy was out Monday to replace the pump and the electrician came out today to wire it, the pool cleaners will be out tomorrow to turn the pump on, make sure everything is working properly and clean out the pool.
Hopefully the plumbers will be out tomorrow to fix two of the toilets, one fill valve is shot and one wax ring is bad, Thursday the garage door people will be out to fix one door that is broken and get both automatic door openers working, if we owned the house they'd be installing new insulated garage doors....... and new openers........
Oh I did get the exercise room (mostly) set up, free-weight bench, weight machine, tread mill and elliptical, gotta work on the office next, or was it the library, or the guest room, or the garage, or the maids room...........?

Hi Againsheila, and how good to see your pretty avatar signaling your presence.

I remember reading that post of yours saying you didn't like the new forum and were leaving. I was proud that someone actually did what they threatened as opposed to just continue coming back and forth all the time whining about the board and about leaving. You did what you said as did many others. I don't spend much time at USMB anymore either. I don't like to waste it arguing opinions with the same people day after day. I do spend time at another site, though. ( adults ) If it weren't for the CS, I probably wouldn't come to USMB as often. The coffee-shop's spirit isn't flaccid and I like seeing familiar faces and catching up.

It is good to see you and I hope to, more often. :D

So busy...

Landscape season has arrived and with my first batch of poison ivy, it is too late to turn back now. I simply have people I want to help that way to stop. The car business is crazy trying to be a salesperson, used car manager and temporary new car manager. The cars I bought last week barely replaced all we sold this week. Found some time to sell a new one today. Our finance manager is on vacation too, so I had to help get an approval today. The body shop manager is concerned about us selling more cars. He is telling me all his great ideas and I just want to ask him how many people he is in for today? I figure I was good for five people today.

save, I have a question I have often wondered about, re: pre-owned automobiles since I am reluctant to buy them. lol. I go for new cars, even though I know how much they are devalued as soon as I drive them off the lot.

Question is this: When car dealers go to auction to buy cars for their lots, how much information have they on the condition of those cars, re: under the hood, previous recalls or accidents, involving those autos. Also, when it comes to trade-ins what information is gleaned on those?

Thanks for any info and best of luck as you are under some heavy pressure, with all your responsibilities.

Well, good to see AS back with us! :thup:
Okay, the wife's Prius is fixed, just in time, she has to go out to one of the clinics today then back to the office, I don't have to play chauffeur. Got the grocery shopping done today but very little back at the house, allergies are kicking my butt, I'm exhausted and my extremities end up feeling like led not to mention everything hurts from all the moving and lifting. The pool repair guy was out Monday to replace the pump and the electrician came out today to wire it, the pool cleaners will be out tomorrow to turn the pump on, make sure everything is working properly and clean out the pool.
Hopefully the plumbers will be out tomorrow to fix two of the toilets, one fill valve is shot and one wax ring is bad, Thursday the garage door people will be out to fix one door that is broken and get both automatic door openers working, if we owned the house they'd be installing new insulated garage doors....... and new openers........
Oh I did get the exercise room (mostly) set up, free-weight bench, weight machine, tread mill and elliptical, gotta work on the office next, or was it the library, or the guest room, or the garage, or the maids room...........?

Exhausting schedule.....lol

I have considered writing my autobiography, but nobody would believe it. They would just assume my conclusions are all the delusions of a paranoid schizophrenic. I cannot prove otherwise as I have been diagnosed a schizophrenic for fifty years. But I am absolutely certain I have experienced telepathy, and a limited amount of communication from the spirit world. But on the other hand I am also aware some of my experiences were entirely hallucinations. I used logic to determine what was real and what was not, because I cannot trust my senses. In any case I would have to get someone more literate to check my writings for grammar and punctuation. I am not that well educated, and I was looking at a book of English today with a view to working out when to use semi colons, and stuff like that.

You know, Dajjal, I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I feel you have a talent in writing and I love your avatar. You rate 100% in my book.

Forum List

Back