USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Lord I'm happy it's Monday! The weekends no longer provide rest and relaxation. Now that the Spring has sprung, yard work has returned to the agenda. Today I feel as if I were on Antiques Roadshow, not as a proud owner of some chatckey, but an item itself. I would be described as 'Mid-Century classic' but condition issues have rendered me worthless. Back, knees, shoulders and hips are all screaming for relief. I cut down the last part of a picket fence between me and my next door neighbor. The fence part came down easier than I expected. But the 4x4 posts were tough to remove. The last post had me thinking that if I could pull it up from the ground, I might be the King of all England. The post was like a sword caught in a stone. A few smacks with an 8 pound sledge hammer, some extras effort and lots of profanity proved to be the winning combination.

A win is a win is a win. :) We are dreading the prospect of having to replace the fence between us and our neighbor to the west. Between high winds and his dobermans, it is in really bad shape. A bit far for you to commute though. :)

Are the dobermans, constant barkers? Few things are worse than having 24/7 barking dogs as neighbors. When I thought we had bought the perfect house, I then learned of the neighbor's two barking dogs, almost 24/7. He thought our complaints were silly. I have found few dog owners, to be sympathetic to neighbors. Good thing there was a community ordinance relating to dogs barking incessantly. :thup: Put them indoors or be fined heavily.

Good Lord I'm happy it's Monday! The weekends no longer provide rest and relaxation. Now that the Spring has sprung, yard work has returned to the agenda. Today I feel as if I were on Antiques Roadshow, not as a proud owner of some chatckey, but an item itself. I would be described as 'Mid-Century classic' but condition issues have rendered me worthless. Back, knees, shoulders and hips are all screaming for relief. I cut down the last part of a picket fence between me and my next door neighbor. The fence part came down easier than I expected. But the 4x4 posts were tough to remove. The last post had me thinking that if I could pull it up from the ground, I might be the King of all England. The post was like a sword caught in a stone. A few smacks with an 8 pound sledge hammer, some extras effort and lots of profanity proved to be the winning combination.

A win is a win is a win. :) We are dreading the prospect of having to replace the fence between us and our neighbor to the west. Between high winds and his dobermans, it is in really bad shape. A bit far for you to commute though. :)
Today I stopped believing the old saw 'good fences make good neighbors'. It's more accurate to say 'bad fences are a pain in the ass!'

:lol:

I do love fences, though. Probably because I so highly value privacy.

Both Hombre and I have been trying to write our memoirs--just for our kids and granddaughter to have. have any of you tried that? It is unbelievably difficult to decide what to put in , what to leave out, etc. Each paragraph seems to jog our memory of something else we hadn't thought of in years.

Are the dobermans, constant barkers? Few things are worse than having 24/7 barking dogs as neighbors. When I thought we had bought the perfect house, I then learned of the neighbor's two barking dogs, almost 24/7. He thought our complaints were silly. I have found few dog owners, to be sympathetic to neighbors. Good thing there was a community ordinance relating to dogs barking incessantly. :thup: Put them indoors or be fined heavily.

Actually we spend little time in our back yard so when we do go out there, and might get barked at if the dogs are out, it isn't really a problem. The neighbors quiet them quickly.

The worst problem is when the grand dogs are here or our Aunt and friend bring over their Shih tzu and mini weiner dog. All bark constantly at the dobermans on the other side of the fence and the dobermans bark back as well as charge the fence. But we can hardly blame the neighbors dogs for barking when we start it. :) The neighbors are good natured about it though. It all works out.

But no, none of the neigbors dogs are a problem. The loudest creatures in the neighborhood are the neighbor's peacocks--they are unreal they are so loud--but that doesn't happen at night.

One of my neighbors owns the dog grooming business I take Daisy the Mutt to. She named her business 'Four Bad Jacks', as she owns four Jack Russell terriers. Those damn dogs! Once they are exposed to oxygen, they start barking!

I'll put Daisy on her leash secured on the North Lawn at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate and she will be content to find a sunny parch to lay in or wander around the grounds seeking a place to pee. But, unless she sees the mailman or 'that damn cat' from across the street, she never barks until she wants back inside.

The Jack Russells, meanwhile have barked themselves hoarse.

Both Hombre and I have been trying to write our memoirs--just for our kids and granddaughter to have. have any of you tried that? It is unbelievably difficult to decide what to put in , what to leave out, etc. Each paragraph seems to jog our memory of something else we hadn't thought of in years.
The kids keep asking me to write it all down... I do have some interesting stories and have met some interesting people, but I'm not done yet.

The kids keep asking me to write it all down... I do have some interesting stories and have met some interesting people, but I'm not done yet.

Well I'm not done yet either. But I figure it's going to take a lot of time to catch up to where I am now, and then I'll just keep adding to it.

I started awhile back and I'm just now getting up to junior high and highschool years. There was a lot of family history to cover.

Recommendation to those who take on a project like this: be sure to break it up into chapters--one for early childhood - one for later childhood - one for college - one for early adult years, etc. As you go along you remember stuff you want to include and it's a lot easier to find a good place to put it if you do chapters.

I have considered writing my autobiography, but nobody would believe it. They would just assume my conclusions are all the delusions of a paranoid schizophrenic. I cannot prove otherwise as I have been diagnosed a schizophrenic for fifty years. But I am absolutely certain I have experienced telepathy, and a limited amount of communication from the spirit world. But on the other hand I am also aware some of my experiences were entirely hallucinations. I used logic to determine what was real and what was not, because I cannot trust my senses. In any case I would have to get someone more literate to check my writings for grammar and punctuation. I am not that well educated, and I was looking at a book of English today with a view to working out when to use semi colons, and stuff like that.

My grandfather produced a book called 'my life'. He pasted in a lot of documents from his career as an engineer.
But disappointingly said nothing whatever about his wife or children.

For Christmas, my daughter gave me a book to fill out of my experiences in life...a book of memoirs so to speak. It's a beautifully bound leather book with gold guilded pages...gorgeous actually. However, so far I've written nothing in it at all.

The daughter says she wants me to fill it all in and give it to her when I die as a keepsake for her of my life. I think it a tall request to go back over my entire life again while recording it.

My grandfather produced a book called 'my life'. He pasted in a lot of documents from his career as an engineer.
But disappointingly said nothing whatever about his wife or children.

That won't happen with my project here. Without the hubby or kids there wouldn't have been much point to a whole lot of it and it would make no sense at all. :)

For Christmas, my daughter gave me a book to fill out of my experiences in life...a book of memoirs so to speak. It's a beautifully bound leather book with gold guilded pages...gorgeous actually. However, so far I've written nothing in it at all.

The daughter says she wants me to fill it all in and give it to her when I die as a keepsake for her of my life. I think it a tall request to go back over my entire life again while recording it.

If I had to write it all out, it would be much more impossible. But I am pretty fast on a keyboard so it goes a good clip when I'm in the mood to write on the computer--and edits and going back to add something are much simpler.

• Thanks
Reactions: jan
I have considered writing my autobiography, but nobody would believe it. They would just assume my conclusions are all the delusions of a paranoid schizophrenic. I cannot prove otherwise as I have been diagnosed a schizophrenic for fifty years. But I am absolutely certain I have experienced telepathy, and a limited amount of communication from the spirit world. But on the other hand I am also aware some of my experiences were entirely hallucinations. I used logic to determine what was real and what was not, because I cannot trust my senses. In any case I would have to get someone more literate to check my writings for grammar and punctuation. I am not that well educated, and I was looking at a book of English today with a view to working out when to use semi colons, and stuff like that.

Most word processing software like Word will do the spelling and grammar corrections for you. I wouldn't let that stop me from writing it down. Who knows might find it invaluable on down the line?

I haven't had interesting enough experiences to write down my life. I don't remember a good deal of it anyway. :lol:

You would be surprised at what you remember when you just start writing down what you know you remember. And as long as you're just writing for family, it is all interesting. :)

When I go to bed and cannot get to sleep I let my mind go back to past events. There is a technique I read about in a book by Paul Brunton where you think of something. For example, a feather. Then let your mind go back to all the times you have seen a feather. It has the result that you remember lots of experiences associated with feathers quite clearly. You can think of anything, for example seeing a colour, or eating cake and you will trigger memories. Doing this I have remembered many things I had previously forgotten about.

10308150_10152108921471198_9222308708149885330_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

How-To-Create-A-Beautiful-Indian-Sunset-Scenery-Photoshop-Tutorial-Pxleyes.c_2012-11-14_10-1.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back