USMB Coffee Shop IV

Cam shot of the thunderstorm approaching west Albuquerque earlier today. If we still lived in Kansas I would be gathering up the battery radio and lantern and getting ready to duck.

11188420_10153200808585359_6516134716958613184_n.jpg

With this move (and all the others before it) we've acquired many, many boxes. I've been breaking them down for storage and finally today cleared the area in the garage to store them. Was using two very large and heavy boards to hold them in place untill I could put up some eyelets and tie the boxes against the wall. Add the a couple to the 20 or so already in place and they decided to push out at the bottom knocking the boards over, one went over a full box on the floor and kicked up at the bottom, nailed me on the right ankle........ It's abraded and definitely bruised, very sore...... not a happy camper right now.....

Well gee Ringel. Things have been going smoothly for a couple of days. You had to expect it didn't you? (Just teasing. Sorry about your sore ankle.)
Welp, just got back from the ER, severely contused (bruised) bone. The pain kept getting worse and worse especially when I tried to walk on it, the doc said a bruised bone hurts as bad as a break but heals faster.
The primary VA clinic is attached to the Beaumont Army Medical Center and shares services so I went to that ER, no fee........ It's also about four miles from our house. Vicodan and 800 mg ibuprofen will go a long way to dealing with the pain.

Last edited:
Cam shot of the thunderstorm approaching west Albuquerque earlier today. If we still lived in Kansas I would be gathering up the battery radio and lantern and getting ready to duck.

You're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.
No I'm not, but it sure did look like it for a little while.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

things-to-do.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

With this move (and all the others before it) we've acquired many, many boxes. I've been breaking them down for storage and finally today cleared the area in the garage to store them. Was using two very large and heavy boards to hold them in place untill I could put up some eyelets and tie the boxes against the wall. Add the a couple to the 20 or so already in place and they decided to push out at the bottom knocking the boards over, one went over a full box on the floor and kicked up at the bottom, nailed me on the right ankle........ It's abraded and definitely bruised, very sore...... not a happy camper right now.....

Well gee Ringel. Things have been going smoothly for a couple of days. You had to expect it didn't you? (Just teasing. Sorry about your sore ankle.)
Welp, just got back from the ER, severely contused (bruised) bone. The pain kept getting worse and worse especially when I tried to walk on it, the doc said a bruised bone hurts as bad as a break but heals faster.
The primary VA clinic is attached to the Beaumont Army Medical Center and shares services so I went to that ER, no fee........ It's also about four miles from our house. Vicodan and 800 mg ibuprofen will go a long way to dealing with the pain.

Hm...you have seriously been overworking your body machine. Stress also can be a precursor to injury. I know this for a fact. lol. I'm glad you are on some sedation meds and pain control. This may make you rest up, so you can recoup, sooner than later. :thup:

Ominous to say the very least. Talk about stress! :eek-52:

Hm...you have seriously been overworking your body machine. Stress also can be a precursor to injury. I know this for a fact. lol. I'm glad you are on some sedation meds and pain control. This may make you rest up, so you can recoup, sooner than later. :thup:
Not really, haven't been working near as hard as I could have, this was simply an accident, figured the boards were heavy enough to hold the collection of cardboard boxes in place, obviously I miscalculated and had the boards positioned incorrectly. Used, re-flattened boxes don't always want to remain flat unless laid down with something heavy on top of them, I am stacking them standing on end leaning against the wall which means they spring open unless held in place. When I can get back to it I'll make sure I secure them properly with nothing heavy that can move and potentially cause more damage.
Also I'm one of those that most narcotic pain meds tend to keep me awake as opposed to put me to sleep so I didn't get to bed until 2am and was up at 7am. The good thing is the ankle doesn't hurt near as much this morning without another dose of Vicodin but the crutches are a pain to use....... :lol:

Ominous to say the very least. Talk about stress! :eek-52:

Not really stressful here--rain in almost any form is a blessing. Albuquerque has had a teensy funnel cloud once every three or four decades--never anything anybody got excited about. We don't have hurricanes or earthquakes or floods or large hail and are not prone to really severe cold or heat.

The most stressful thing about that storm is it was coming into Albuquerque just about the time Hombre decided to walk the roughly 1 mile to the neighborhood repair shop to pick up our Subaru. I didn't realize the storm was coming until I heard the thunder and looked out. I immediately called the shop and they assured me he got there just before the rain and hail started. :)

Oh and good morning everybody. Hope all are having a great weekend. Looking forward to Sherry and WQ's return with reports of their big adventure. We should have a slightly warmer day today but still in the 60's--we are predicted to have a high in mid 50's tomorrow with more rain possible. I am sooooo glad we postponed having the heat and a/c switched over yesterday. I am such a wimp.

There is nothing on television I want to watch today. Not even with three new channels: I have been playing mah-jong instead. It comes free with windows 7.

There is nothing on television I want to watch today. Not even with three new channels: I have been playing mah-jong instead. It comes free with windows 7.

If you haven't tried Pogo Games, you might enjoy the Mah Jong games there Dajjal....lots and lots of them plus many other neat games. Their free version offers almost all the stuff. They also have a paid membership that provides a few other things, such as not having to put up with ads and stuff, but the free version is fine for those who just want to play the games.

Good 'morning' again........ Took a 5 hour "nap" this afternoon, obviously needed it.
Don't know if I mentioned it but part of my medication forwarding issue (remember the Flowmax fiasco) was my Lisinopril and Amlodipine, both blood pressure meds. The Amlodipine showed up the day after the flowmax but for some still unknown reason the USPS forwarded my Lisinopril up to Denver so I had the NM VA resend the Lisinopril rush delivery because we had no idea when or if the "lost" delivery would arrive...... The lost package arrived yesterday (had taken my last dose Thursday) and the rush delivery showed up today........ :lol:

Oh and good morning everybody. Hope all are having a great weekend. Looking forward to Sherry and WQ's return with reports of their big adventure. We should have a slightly warmer day today but still in the 60's--we are predicted to have a high in mid 50's tomorrow with more rain possible. I am sooooo glad we postponed having the heat and a/c switched over yesterday. I am such a wimp.

We're Baaack!!!!

Sorry....we got back late last night. Busy day today. I'll let Sherry give you guys the full report. Down loaded pics this afternoon. I'll dump a few in photobucket and post.

We had a wonderful time. Sherry kept me straight. :) Saw lots of cool things. Love you guys....and glad to be back.

Over the last month the wife and I have been frequently miscommunicating, speaking in partial sentences and expecting each other to be mind readers...... :lol: As a result we're snapping at each other, lot's of stress on both our parts and while she knows it was an accident that hurt me yesterday she's still upset because it ruined her plans for today, I'm upset because I got hurt and I have too much to do to be injured....... We both know we're doing it so it's really okay, it's a stress release and we both feel safe enough to bounce off of each other from time to time and not let it damage or destroy our marriage, strain it on occasion but nothing more than that. :lol:
Tomorrow we're going to a swap meet not far from here, I'll just take it slowly and it gives her a chance to "escape" for a little while. :thup:
Mentioned it earlier but it's a good thing it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as it did yesterday though it is still pretty sore. Read on a couple of medical sites that bone contusions, the fracturing of the internal marrow without fracturing the hard part of the bone, can take 3 to 6 months to completely heal.

Forum List

Back