USMB Coffee Shop IV

Question for the computer geeks. I have my default browser set as Google Chrome. I access USMB through Google Chrome. But if I try to make a shortcut to USMB from Google Chrome on my desktop, it reverts to IE. Why? And is there anything I can do to make a Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop?
You should be able to set it up as a link to an application. What you want is for the link to issue a command, probably like:
chrome USMessageboard.com

You could try that from a dos prompt or whatever they call it now to check the syntax.

That should get you USMB with the Chrome browser without changing your default browser.

I'll try to figure that out tomorrow Ernie. I went ahead and set Chrome as my default browser but I really really hate it for most things. A lot of Pogo games won't run on Chrome and it takes twice as long to load anything as Bing on IE does. But I love it for USMB because of adblock.

But there is no problem without a solution. . . .

Talking of computers I have a zillion tons of software that was designed to run on windows 98. This includes lots of games I would still like to play. I do not want to play them on my new computer running windows 7 but I would like to play them on my old computer running windows XP. I was just wondering if I can install windows 98 on my windows XP computer and switch between the two.
I did this with windows 98 and windows 2000 and it asked you which version you want to run at startup. So I want to know if the same thing will happen if I try to install windows 98 on top of windows XP.
I hope I have made myself clear.

You can install and run Microsoft Virtual PC and put 98 on that. I've used it for programs that are too old and won't work on Vista.

Relatives living near the Dallas area posted these hail stones from yesterday's storms. (This is from a news report--they didn't get hit by the big stones themselves but did get hail big enough to do damage.)

553e7af448bff.image.jpg

And this is the cloud that produced them:

060504sckssprcl1(c)_sml.jpg

Still relatively cool today and for the next couple of days, highs in the low 70s and lows in the 40s but that changes at the end of the week, upper 80s and lower 90s....... Probably a good time to start using the pool........ :D

Does the pool have a heater? If not it will take awhile to heat up to comfortable temps
From what I'm told during the hot months the pool could loose an inch and a half a day to evaporation.......

Good morning everybody. Still chilly (mid 40's) here but we woke up to all blue skies for the first time in several days and no rain forecast today. The rain sure was nice while it lasted though. Had to make an emergency medical taxi run yesterday and while I was out and about noted quite a bit of snow on the near (west) face of the Sandias. But hopefully the summer warm up is now beginning. Hope so because our HVAC guy is supposed to be here on Friday to shut down the furnace and gear up the swamp cooler. It sure would have been miserable if we had done that last Friday as scheduled.

So yesterday and today we are culling clothes we haven't worn in years from all the drawers and closets and boxing them to go to the Salvation Army.. Why is that so hard to do? We literally haven't worn it in years but you pull it out of the closet and imagine all sorts of reasons you ought to keep it.

Anyhow all is well in Albuquerque and I hope everybody else is having a good week.

Morning !

funny-animals-57.jpg

My cat gets that way when one itty bitty empty spot shows, let alone the whole bowl. :biggrin:

Oh ours did too. Our tom cat would demand we get out of bed in the middle of the night and refill the bowl with Meow Mix. He wouldn't want any, but the bowl was empty and that was not acceptable. Once he inspected it to be sure it was properly filled, he would stick his tail in the air and saunter away.

On the Disney quiz I got a miserable 41%--my guesses were a lot worse than Montro's. :) So many I had forgotten and so many of the newer Disney films I haven't seen. If they had taken the characters from mostly the 50's, 60's, 70's I would have done a whole bunch better.

On the Disney quiz I got a miserable 41%--my guesses were a lot worse than Montro's. :) So many I had forgotten and so many of the newer Disney films I haven't seen. If they had taken the characters from mostly the 50's, 60's, 70's I would have done a whole bunch better.

I got 63% and I forgot many also. :)

Forum List

Back