USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good afternoon everyone. I hope everyone is having a great day thus far. I can't believe I am 35 today. Pap pap is getting old. lol. Cheers!

Happy birthday ! I remember being your age, but now I am nearly twice that.

Thanks! I feel pretty young still but I don't heal from my running injuries as quick I used to nowadays.

Just wait till you are in your sixties if you think it takes longer now. :)

I get weaker by the week. Only a few years ago I could do Tai Kwon Do. Now days I am struggling to walk to the corner shop and back.

I am sorry to hear that my friend. Be sure and take good care of yourself. :huddle:

Good afternoon everyone. I hope everyone is having a great day thus far. I can't believe I am 35 today. Pap pap is getting old. lol. Cheers!

Thanks! I feel pretty young still but I don't heal from my running injuries as quick I used to nowadays.

I get weaker by the week. Only a few years ago I could do Tai Kwon Do. Now days I am struggling to walk to the corner shop and back.

Sorry to hear that.
Is it an accident or illness? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Which ever it is you are in our prayers to get better soon.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Sitting here in a parking lot for one of the clinics owned by the hospital the wife works for. It's in Fabens, TX about 30 miles SE of El Paso, claimed she couldn't remember exactly how to get here................. Yeah right, she just didn't want to drive I10 through town........ She just has to talk with a couple of the docs, getting feedback on what they need (and what is required of them) for Meaningful Use mandated implementation. Once she nails them down between patients she can drop me off at home and go back to the office.

I think your wife has something pretty special: someone who runs the errands, does the repairs, and takes care of problems plus a great chef, lover, and chauffeur with a great sense of humor to boot? Money can't buy that. :)
Now you're making me blush. Dropped her off a little while ago at her office and now I'm getting her car inspected for getting Texas plates. Will pick her up later and take her over to the eastside clinic to meet with one of the docs who works evenings, will have to do that during rush hour........

:) I especially appreciate that. I love to drive and have driven in all kinds of situations and conditions, but I HATE negotiating heavy traffic, especially when I am a bit insecure as to what lane I need to be in, or exactly where I am going. That's when I really like having a driver I can trust. Twice I spent a week working in Las Vegas NV and the work required going to myriad locations during the day. You haven't lived until you have tried to negotiate Las Vegas traffic during rush hour. The only thing worse is the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area. . . okay and also LA and Washington DC. Anyhow not my cup of tea.

It is important to do some physical activity each day though, Dajjal, even in our advancing years. I can honestly say that I think, allowing for a few instant recall issues, I am as mentally sharp and mentally creative as I was when younger. I'm still very good at games and get a kick out of things every bit as much as I did when younger. But the one thing I HATE HATE HATE about getting older is not having the strength and stamina I had when younger. I accept it as a fact of my life, but I don't like it.

I plan on staying this age from now on. My grandmother just recently celebrated her 40th year as a 35 year old. lol
I'm going to celebrate the 45th anniversary of my 21st birthday in late July.

Sitting here in a parking lot for one of the clinics owned by the hospital the wife works for. It's in Fabens, TX about 30 miles SE of El Paso, claimed she couldn't remember exactly how to get here................. Yeah right, she just didn't want to drive I10 through town........ She just has to talk with a couple of the docs, getting feedback on what they need (and what is required of them) for Meaningful Use mandated implementation. Once she nails them down between patients she can drop me off at home and go back to the office.

I think your wife has something pretty special: someone who runs the errands, does the repairs, and takes care of problems plus a great chef, lover, and chauffeur with a great sense of humor to boot? Money can't buy that. :)
Now you're making me blush. Dropped her off a little while ago at her office and now I'm getting her car inspected for getting Texas plates. Will pick her up later and take her over to the eastside clinic to meet with one of the docs who works evenings, will have to do that during rush hour........

:) I especially appreciate that. I love to drive and have driven in all kinds of situations and conditions, but I HATE negotiating heavy traffic, especially when I am a bit insecure as to what lane I need to be in, or exactly where I am going. That's when I really like having a driver I can trust. Twice I spent a week working in Las Vegas NV and the work required going to myriad locations during the day. You haven't lived until you have tried to negotiate Las Vegas traffic during rush hour. The only thing worse is the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area. . . okay and also LA and Washington DC. Anyhow not my cup of tea.

I can't suffer traffic. I've driven in many cities in this nation and I have to say that Houston and LA are the absolute worst when it comes to traffic.

Then you've never commuted from Bridgeport CT to NYC.

I haven't and I am lucky that I don't have to as well. lol. I don't drive as much as used to anyway and due to my poor eyes I am prohibited from driving at night.

I can't suffer traffic. I've driven in many cities in this nation and I have to say that Houston and LA are the absolute worst when it comes to traffic.

Worse than Phoenix?
I hate driving in Phoenix.

I spent a week in LA once, running a communications training school, but I didn't have to drive, thank goodness. When we went out on sight seeing tours we were ferried around in a small bus, but I figured out really quickly that I would NEVER be driving in LA. Also, whenever we visted southeast Texas, we flew into Hobby and our son picked us up and drove us from there so I haven't had to experience driving there either. (Once we bussed from Hobby to Galveston to board a cruise ship.)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Worse than Phoenix?

I have driven in Phoenix and it was a piece of cake compared to those other places.

Worse than Phoenix?

I have driven in Phoenix and it was a piece of cake compared to those other places.

ewwwwwww

Worse than Phoenix?

Oh my goodness I totally forgot about Phoenix. A beautiful city with amazing people but also with horrendous traffic.

Worse than Phoenix?

Oh my goodness I totally forgot about Phoenix. A beautiful city with amazing people but also with horrendous traffic.

Any big city is going to have traffic congestion, but I really didn't have any serious issues with traffic in Phoenix--it wasn't that much different from Albuquerque though Albuquerque is quite a bit smaller than Phoenix.

Damnation ! I am under invasion; The moth season has started already. I swatted one moth last night, but I don't think I have seen the last of them. What annoys me is that I threw away a lovely sheepskin coat last year because it had moths, but they are still turning up again this year. I just don't know where they come from.

Get yourself some moth balls. I have to warn you though, they are only effective if your aim is good.

Damnation ! I am under invasion; The moth season has started already. I swatted one moth last night, but I don't think I have seen the last of them. What annoys me is that I threw away a lovely sheepskin coat last year because it had moths, but they are still turning up again this year. I just don't know where they come from.

Get yourself some moth balls. I have to warn you though, they are only effective if your aim is good.

Moth warriors of the U.K. unite!!!!!

But how is the traffic over there?

DC Metro for 35 years, I95 and the Jersey turnpike, traffic doesn't scare me........ :lol:

DC Metro for 35 years, I95 and the Jersey turnpike, traffic doesn't scare me........ :lol:

I've gone through DC a few times and I remember it as being totally horrible.

I've gone through DC a few times and I remember it as being totally horrible.
You obviously hit it at one of the few least congested times........ :D

Forum List

Back