USMB Coffee Shop IV

Horrible is too sedate a euphemism for typical DC rush hours..........

Which is why our daughter moved as close as she could get to her work so that she could walk or take the Metro. She would go days without taking her car out of the garage.

That's the one reason I've thought I should live in a big city. It would let me avoid getting a license/car. :p

Damnation ! I am under invasion; The moth season has started already. I swatted one moth last night, but I don't think I have seen the last of them. What annoys me is that I threw away a lovely sheepskin coat last year because it had moths, but they are still turning up again this year. I just don't know where they come from.

Get yourself some moth balls. I have to warn you though, they are only effective if your aim is good.

Neuter and spay your moths!

I+m+not+crazy+two+four+six+eight+ten_4c5c32_3680568.jpg

Then you've never commuted from Bridgeport CT to NYC.

I haven't and I am lucky that I don't have to as well. lol. I don't drive as much as used to anyway and due to my poor eyes I am prohibited from driving at night.
I used to run the I95 corridor between Bridgeport and Stamford CT or Manhattan. Weather permitting, I rode the bike so I could get around the invariably stopped traffic. Rainy or very cold days, I took the train.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Damnation ! I am under invasion; The moth season has started already. I swatted one moth last night, but I don't think I have seen the last of them. What annoys me is that I threw away a lovely sheepskin coat last year because it had moths, but they are still turning up again this year. I just don't know where they come from.

Get yourself some moth balls. I have to warn you though, they are only effective if your aim is good.

Neuter and spay your moths!

So far I have only seen two moths and I swatted them both. I try to swat them on sight to stop them laying eggs.
But I resent the fact that it makes me twitchy, constantly checking the ceilings for moths.

Good morning everybody. I was up before 7 a.m., felt terrible, looked at the clock, went back to bed for three more hours, and now all is well. Looking forward to a good day. Hope everybody else is too.

Moth warriors of the U.K. unite!!!!!

But how is the traffic over there?

The traffic in and around most towns and cities in England is far worse than the moths.

And it would be even worse for somebody like me trying to figure out what side of the road I was supposed to be on.

I rented a motorcycle in Jamaica. It was rough at first, considering a motorcycle doesn't give you the reference of sitting on the wrong side of the car, but I did get the hang of it after a couple near misses.

I rented a motorcycle in Jamaica. It was rough at first, considering a motorcycle doesn't give you the reference of sitting on the wrong side of the car, but I did get the hang of it after a couple near misses.

When we were in Jamaica we were strongly advised not to go outside the designated areas secured and deemed safe for tourists. Even our drivers, all Jamaican, warned us about that. Apparently it can be a really dangerous place for those deemed vulnerable. Apparently Ernie on a motorcycle didn't look very vulnerable. :)

I drove about a mile in England and gave up. I could not do clock wise traffic circles, even if I referred to them as round abouts.
Even I found some mini roundabouts confusing. I was on my way to Cornwall on a motorcycle tour and I came to a series of three mini roundabouts next to each other. I did not know what to do, so I rode straight through the middle of them. Fortunately there was no other traffic around.

I was in Manchester (Bramhall) with afternoon traffic. It seemed as if everyone else had unlimited confidence. I am not easily intimidated but I was way out of my comfort zone.

Forum List

Back