USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sherry and WQ haven't posted in a week. Has anybody heard from them? They're okay?

Hi, Foxy...we're fine.:) Honestly, I doubted anyone would even notice that I hadn't been posting in the CS since we returned from our vacation...take care everyone.:thup:

Oh I noticed. Missed your great picturesque posts. Missed you. :)

How crappy is the place I live? We've decided to get rid of cable, the bill is just too damn high for the little we watch. I ordered a Roku from Amazon and a couple of regular bunny ears type antennas so we can still get regular broadcast channels for my football. Well, the stuff arrived today, but it turns out, thanks to our location and environment, we don't get a single broadcast signal using a regular indoor antenna. I don't know if getting a roof antenna would help or if there's any way to check. I can't go without football! :(

How crappy is the place I live? We've decided to get rid of cable, the bill is just too damn high for the little we watch. I ordered a Roku from Amazon and a couple of regular bunny ears type antennas so we can still get regular broadcast channels for my football. Well, the stuff arrived today, but it turns out, thanks to our location and environment, we don't get a single broadcast signal using a regular indoor antenna. I don't know if getting a roof antenna would help or if there's any way to check. I can't go without football! :(

Hope you find a solution soon Montro. I bet somebody will have some suggestions for you. We spend way more than we should on cable, but we do enjoy certain programs and Hombre also couldn't be happy without his football and boxing.

Good night darlinks. I can't get to the vigil list right now but there are no changes from last night. Everybody have a good night.

You can get a signal booster box. They are quit cheap and they work well, and I have to use one, even with a roof antenna.

Try it........ ya might be amazed........ :D
I'm getting to the point where I could go without TV altogether, the wife on the other hand.......

Good morning everybody. Slept in again this morning and loved it. We celebrated my Uncle Ed's 89th birthday last night with great Chinese food (his choice) and because the heat was off, the house cooled down more than usual last night. I love that too.

I misread the calendar yesterday. The Coffee Shop anniversary won't be until Monday.

Anybody have anything fun planned for today?

Actually I'm a bit hurt that Ringel didn't comment on the photo of El Paso I posted and Sherry didn't comment on the photo of Tampa. :)

I'm getting to the point where I could go without TV altogether, the wife on the other hand.......

Football helps keep me in touch with friends (I left all of my friends when I moved to GA from FL) through fantasy. :p

Football helps keep me in touch with friends (I left all of my friends when I moved to GA from FL) through fantasy. :p

What Dajjal mentioned about the booster box rang a bell with me. I remember when all the TV stations went digital everybody utilizing free TV were installing those. Maybe that is your problem?

What Dajjal mentioned about the booster box rang a bell with me. I remember when all the TV stations went digital everybody utilizing free TV were installing those. Maybe that is your problem?

It's possible, but I don't know if it will help. I think I may just be in a terrible place to get signal. I'm not sure quite how far from the signal towers I am, but our house is also surrounded by trees on 3 sides and a hill on the 4th. I may not be able to get the regular TV signals here, which is going to make things difficult (and I'll need to send a few things I just bought back to Amazon).

Forum List

Back