USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. It is a good day in Albuquerque. Not so much at USMB. :(

I hope everybody is looking forward to a good Sunday though. We'll be off to the early church service in a bit and then to brunch.
????

It just hasn't been a good time for me here lately, Ernie. I am realistic that everybody has a bad patch now and then and I keep thinking/hoping that, as it has in the past, this too shall pass. Just waiting for the sun to come out again, that's all. But thanks for caring. Mama Fox ((hugs)).

Look, Foxy..... there it is...

95A38378-A64F-45D5-B2FD-6921379A8051.jpg

:smiliehug:

Thanks sweetie. I appreciate that. A lot. :)

Good morning everybody. It is a good day in Albuquerque. Not so much at USMB. :(

I hope everybody is looking forward to a good Sunday though. We'll be off to the early church service in a bit and then to brunch.
????

It just hasn't been a good time for me here lately, Ernie. I am realistic that everybody has a bad patch now and then and I keep thinking/hoping that, as it has in the past, this too shall pass. Just waiting for the sun to come out again, that's all. But thanks for caring. Mama Fox ((hugs)).

Yah well, you dish it out, now you gotta take it. :lol:
I peered in on your Karma bank account. You have plenty in there. :thup:

????

Ya know Foxy, it's rarely pleasant for me here either, but I rather enjoy banging my head against the wall on the off chance I may change the thinking of one person.
My history is one of confrontation and in the last couple decades there hasn't been all that much of it so USMB is an outlet and ensures that I remain an old softy in real life.

Wow, there are truly some weird people out there, reading through some of these threads on the open board has me scratching my head, staring agog in disbelief or laughing hysterically.
Back in the safe zone...... :D

The wife is looking for something like a flat file cabinet with drawers (like is used for maps, etc). The width of the space is about 36", she wants to use it for jewelry and we'd both like to keep the cost way down. Any ideas?

The wife is looking for something like a flat file cabinet with drawers (like is used for maps, etc). The width of the space is about 36", she wants to use it for jewelry and we'd both like to keep the cost way down. Any ideas?

There are lots of alternatives ... it depends on what you are looking for.

Do you want a wood cabinet? Pressed wood? Metal? Plastic? 36" wide - how high? What is height for drawers? What's a manageable cost?

Plastic Office Lateral Filing Cabinet document Cabinet - Buy Office Cabinet Steel Filing Cabinet Office Cabinet Product on Alibaba.com gives you a viable solution (second item down)

Some other alternatives - document cabinet - Google Search

Last edited:

Do you want a wood cabinet? Pressed wood? Metal? Plastic? 36" wide - how high? What is height for drawers? What's a manageable cost?

Plastic Office Lateral Filing Cabinet document Cabinet - Buy Office Cabinet Steel Filing Cabinet Office Cabinet Product on Alibaba.com gives you a viable solution (second item down)
Preferably wood or metal, I was thinking even an auto mechanics tool box, top section but we're cheap bastards, currently looking at thrift stores so that should give you an idea of how much we want to spend........

Preferably wood or metal, I was thinking even an auto mechanics tool box, top section but we're cheap bastards, currently looking at thrift stores so that should give you an idea of how much we want to spend........

I saw it done with pizza boxes, believe it or not. They cut wood to fit, and glued cheap felt on top ---- obviously, if it's something you are going to be into, that wouldn't work, but if you were just looking for storage.

????

Yah well, you dish it out, now you gotta take it. :lol:
I peered in on your Karma bank account. You have plenty in there. :thup:

Hmmm. I'm not sure whether you mean I have saved up karma to deserve the bad patch or I have saved up karma to deserve the hug. :) (I'll take the hug anyway.)

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

High_Tide_Grand_Haven_Lighthouse_Michigan.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning, supposed to be another warm day today, upper 80s, around here they call that "pleasant"........ That does not bode well..... Wonder what they consider hot....... :eek-52:

Allergies are certainly seasonal around here with a lot of different kinds of trees spewing pollen in the spring--juniper is probably the worst offender in Albuquerque but there are many others.

I was reading recently that the major cities with the worst spring allergy problems are Louisville, Memphis, Baton Rouge, Oklahoma City, Jackson, Dallas, Richmond, Birmingham, and McAllen. But then in the summer with the goldenrod and other such culprits blooming and still other stuff getting geared up in the fall, no season is safe for those of us sensitive to that stuff. And then in the winter, we are indoors more exposed to dust and mold, pet dander, et al. Thank goodness for good allergy meds. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO
THE COFFEE SHOP!!!!

The Coffee Shop opened at USMB five years ago today. Because we grew so big so fast we were required to close and reopen three different times, but the Coffee Shop continued. Over the years it has been a haven and refuge for many, a place to share joys and concerns and laugh and help and just enjoy people despite those who really hated the concept, hated those who enjoyed it, even tried to destroy what we had here.

As many of you know I have at times despaired whether it would weather the transitions, the haters, the disrupters, the mini civil wars, and more recently the new software that many of our members simply wouldn't accept. I know some of you are disappointed and discouraged that there is less activity, less friendly banter and interaction, and I miss that too. I miss so many of the really great people, those that we started out with and all the new friends who have joined us, that helped make the Coffee Shop what it is. But we've had lulls in the past and it recovered. Maybe it won't survive, but it has been a hell of a run.

The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.

USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.

USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and closed on 5-15-14 with 2,803 posts and 32,229 views.

Versions 1, 2, and 3 acquired about another 100,000 views after they were closed and before they were deleted and sent into oblivion.

USMB Coffee Shop IV opened on 5-15-14 and as of this morning had acquired 21,710 posts and 301,071 views.

So the five year total is 130,903 posts and an amazing 4,205,300 views as of this morning. More than 400 members have posted in the Coffee Shop over those five years.

So are we done now? I don't know. When it is obvious there is no more interest or will to keep the Coffee Shop going, it will close for good and fade into the archives somewhere.

But for now I will keep posting the vigil list and will check in here because I really do love you guys. And I myself have appreciated the friendship, you having my back during the occasional assaults on what we have here, the encouragement when I have been down and frustrated, calming of my fears, help when I needed it, and all the genuine affection and laughs you have provided over the years. I hope many others feel the same.

It has been a rare and special thing. And I will always be grateful.

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO
THE COFFEE SHOP!!!!

The Coffee Shop opened at USMB five years ago today. Because we grew so big so fast we were required to close and reopen three different times, but the Coffee Shop continued. Over the years it has been a haven and refuge for many, a place to share joys and concerns and laugh and help and just enjoy people despite those who really hated the concept, hated those who enjoyed it, even tried to destroy what we had here.

As many of you know I have at times despaired whether it would weather the transitions, the haters, the disrupters, the mini civil wars, and more recently the new software that many of our members simply wouldn't accept. I know some of you are disappointed and discouraged that there is less activity, less friendly banter and interaction, and I miss that too. I miss so many of the really great people, those that we started out with and all the new friends who have joined us, that helped make the Coffee Shop what it is. But we've had lulls in the past and it recovered. Maybe it won't survive, but it has been a hell of a run.

The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.

USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.

USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and closed on 5-15-14 with 2,803 posts and 32,229 views.

Versions 1, 2, and 3 acquired about another 100,000 views after they were closed and before they were deleted and sent into oblivion.

USMB Coffee Shop IV opened on 5-15-14 and as of this morning had acquired 21,710 posts and 301,071 views.

So the five year total is 130,903 posts and an amazing 4,205,300 views as of this morning. More than 400 members have posted in the Coffee Shop over those five years.

So are we done now? I don't know. When it is obvious there is no more interest or will to keep the Coffee Shop going, it will close for good and fade into the archives somewhere.

But for now I will keep posting the vigil list and will check in here because I really do love you guys. And I myself have appreciated the friendship, you having my back during the occasional assaults on what we have here, the encouragement when I have been down and frustrated, calming of my fears, help when I needed it, and all the genuine affection and laughs you have provided over the years. I hope many others feel the same.

cheers.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO
THE COFFEE SHOP!!!!

cheers.jpg

Hope you put some good Irish whiskey in those. :)

Anybody heard from GW? He hasn't posted in a few days and that isn't like him. I always worry something will happen when he is out in the 'wilderness' by himself.

Forum List

Back