USMB Coffee Shop IV

iu

As usual it's warm in the house this time of day even though we had some t-storms roll though and cool everything down, all the heat from the day is slowly transferred in. The swamp cooler is on (it cools half the house and the AC is on for the other half, figure I'll be able to turn the AC off in about an hour.
Did one of my afternoon nap things again today, after running errands with pals to run more after the lunch rush I found myself at the computer trying to nod off, ended up taking a 3 hour nap, hopefully this doesn't mean I'm getting old.......

Raining hard right now, good thing I have the house mostly closed up. When I woke up from my nap earlier I woke up to the sound of thunder, ran out and closed the truck windows with huge drops of rain and the occasional small hail pelting me. It only lasted a few minutes.

Rain and hail in Albuquerue tonight off and on. Flash flooding east of here. Wettest May so far in maybe forever? It's all welcome.

Good night all.

We had virtually no rain in April, but it has rained a couple of times since. I am expecting a hose pipe ban soon, as that is what they do when the reservoirs get low.

Good morning all. Cooler today but we're slotted to be in the 70's and low 80's for the next week or so. Waiting to see if there is more rain in the cards for us today. We haven't seen this kind of weather in New Mexico in decades and it is still a couple of months away from the seasonal monsoon.

Wishing a good Tuesday for all.

OK... a couple weeks ago we were joined for poker at Doc's by a young man with a huge ego despite his diminutive size. He called himself Cody. He stands 5'2" and weighs in around 110.
He impressed us all with his tales of poker prowess and said that he was about to quit his day job and become a professional poker player. One woman told him he would need a bigger stake than he was apt to win in a $20 tournament and that he should have a minimum of $100,000 in his pocket before going pro.
Anyway, we were happy to take Cody's money.

Fast forward to last Friday. People stopping into Doc's were talking about crime scene tape and cops and FBI at the Wells Fargo Bank a few blocks away.

Hey, y'all! Meet my friend Cody:

phillip-cody-payne-cutjpg-1102a33cc953876e.jpg

From the early reports:

Wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses, a man robbed the Wells Fargo bank in Foley Saturday morning.

The man was described as a white man around 5-foot-2 with a medium build. He appeared to be in his mid-20's.

OK... a couple weeks ago we were joined for poker at Doc's by a young man with a huge ego despite his diminutive size. He called himself Cody. He stands 5'2" and weighs in around 110.
He impressed us all with his tales of poker prowess and said that he was about to quit his day job and become a professional poker player. One woman told him he would need a bigger stake than he was apt to win in a $20 tournament and that he should have a minimum of $100,000 in his pocket before going pro.

Fast forward to last Friday. People stopping into Doc's were talking about crime scene tape and cops and FBI at the Wells Fargo Bank a few blocks away.

You mean Cody was robbing the bank? Seriously? I mean it shouldn't be funny, but in a way it is.

Last edited:

You mean Cody was robbing the bank? Seriously? I mean it shouldn't be funny, but in a way it is.
Yup. It was hilarious. We all but told him to rob a bank so he could get enough money together to get into some big tournaments.

We have also been cooler here. We had some rain yesterday and maybe will get some today.

It's a wonder that Cody can walk and talk at the same time, or maybe he can't? :laugh:

Yup. It was hilarious. We all but told him to rob a bank so he could get enough money together to get into some big tournaments.

Well bless his heart. Maybe he'll have better luck next time. Perseverance and all that.

Forum List

Back