USMB Coffee Shop IV

Damnation ! I am under invasion; The moth season has started already. I swatted one moth last night, but I don't think I have seen the last of them. What annoys me is that I threw away a lovely sheepskin coat last year because it had moths, but they are still turning up again this year. I just don't know where they come from.

Sitting here in a parking lot for one of the clinics owned by the hospital the wife works for. It's in Fabens, TX about 30 miles SE of El Paso, claimed she couldn't remember exactly how to get here................. Yeah right, she just didn't want to drive I10 through town........ She just has to talk with a couple of the docs, getting feedback on what they need (and what is required of them) for Meaningful Use mandated implementation. Once she nails them down between patients she can drop me off at home and go back to the office.

Morning

Happy hump day. :)
funny-animals-254.jpg

Sitting here in a parking lot for one of the clinics owned by the hospital the wife works for. It's in Fabens, TX about 30 miles SE of El Paso, claimed she couldn't remember exactly how to get here................. Yeah right, she just didn't want to drive I10 through town........ She just has to talk with a couple of the docs, getting feedback on what they need (and what is required of them) for Meaningful Use mandated implementation. Once she nails them down between patients she can drop me off at home and go back to the office.

I think your wife has something pretty special: someone who runs the errands, does the repairs, and takes care of problems plus a great chef, lover, and chauffeur with a great sense of humor to boot? Money can't buy that. :)

Damnation ! I am under invasion; The moth season has started already. I swatted one moth last night, but I don't think I have seen the last of them. What annoys me is that I threw away a lovely sheepskin coat last year because it had moths, but they are still turning up again this year. I just don't know where they come from.

Amazon offers a wide array of natural moth repellents--you might want to order one of these for your closet and other woolens:
Amazon.com natural moth repellent

Albuquerque sometimes gets an invasion of large moths that suddenly appear and are everywhere, and then in a week or two they're gone.

Amazon offers a wide array of natural moth repellents--you might want to order one of these for your closet and other woolens:

Albuquerque sometimes gets an invasion of large moths that suddenly appear and are everywhere, and then in a week or two they're gone.

Thanks, my moths are small but they last all summer. I keep swatting and spraying but they keep appearing.

There is one consolation that the weather is warm enough for moths; that is I can go and sit in my library. I do not heat the entire flat so my library is cold in the winter. But now I can sit and peruse my books. I have hundreds, many of which I have hardly looked at. I decided to start by reading up on the English language because I have never known what to make of punctuation marks like the colon. Since I want to be taken seriously in my writings about the quran, it's just as well to learn these things. Even at my age I can still learn correct grammar. I have a wide range of books and some of them deal with English. I have a section on philosophy and religion: a number of antiquarian books, and a lot of large art books. It makes a nice change from rubbish on TV.

Thanks, my moths are small but they last all summer. I keep swatting and spraying but they keep appearing.

Unless you are spraying with a moth repellent instead of just a moth killer, they will keep coming back. The life span of the adult moth is pretty short, but once they lay their eggs in your good wool suit, the larvae do the damage. So you need to be sure your moth free clothes are encased in air tight plastic bags or some such or otherwise be sure those larvae never get a chance to get going. I'm not sure if the repellent takes care of them too though. Probably should read up on that.

I think your wife has something pretty special: someone who runs the errands, does the repairs, and takes care of problems plus a great chef, lover, and chauffeur with a great sense of humor to boot? Money can't buy that. :)
Now you're making me blush. Dropped her off a little while ago at her office and now I'm getting her car inspected for getting Texas plates. Will pick her up later and take her over to the eastside clinic to meet with one of the docs who works evenings, will have to do that during rush hour........

Good afternoon everyone. I hope everyone is having a great day thus far. I can't believe I am 35 today. Pap pap is getting old. lol. Cheers!

Good afternoon everyone. I hope everyone is having a great day thus far. I can't believe I am 35 today. Pap pap is getting old. lol. Cheers!

Happy birthday ! I remember being your age, but now I am nearly twice that.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Thanks! I feel pretty young still but I don't heal from my running injuries as quick I used to nowadays.

Thanks! I feel pretty young still but I don't heal from my running injuries as quick I used to nowadays.

Just wait till you are in your sixties if you think it takes longer now. :)

I plan on staying this age from now on. My grandmother just recently celebrated her 40th year as a 35 year old. lol

I plan on staying this age from now on. My grandmother just recently celebrated her 40th year as a 35 year old. lol

That's what I'm doing but the body aliment healing times don't lie. :biggrin:

That's what I'm doing but the body aliment healing times don't lie. :biggrin:

Stop trying to make me feel better. :lol:

I get weaker by the week. Only a few years ago I could do Tai Kwon Do. Now days I am struggling to walk to the corner shop and back.

Woo hoo!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MDK!!!!!

bd1db5b8177bac851d65181deb226bdd.jpg

You're at one of life's greatest ages--past the insecurities and roller coaster emotions of the 20's but still young enough to have all the energy and plenty of time to put it to good use. If I had to pick a time I would like to go back and relive, and do it better this time, it would be 35. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back