USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I suppose I do call them "southerners." But that's about it. :biggrin: Not very creative, I know.

But honestly, doesn't 'southerners' conjure up all manner of images in the mind from rednecks to Southern belles to magnolia blossoms to Southern manners and charm, etc. etc. etc. etc.?
LOL. Didn't you say you were one of those? Just goes to show those damn Yankee can be damn lovable. :)
Born a Yooper, raised all over the States and the Pacific islands, spent a lot of time in the south. When I lived in Northern Virginia we used to call it Yankee occupied Virginia.......... :lol:
Much of that is (sorta) true, after the Civil War many, many northerners who had fought in Virginia fell in love with the country and moved down to the region.
Of course the further south one goes the further south the Mason Dixon line seems to get...... :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Yup. We folks in New Mexico consider Colorado 'up north'. :)
A friend of mine from New York told me that southerners call everyone up north a Yankee, the people in the northern cities call the country folk up there Yankees and the country folk call the northern hillbillies Yankees. :lol:

That's funny. Here in my neck of the woods, we don't refer to people by such titles except for maybe when joke telling.
That's what he was referring to..... :D

"He" being you? Or "he' being Chris who is a she who would like for there to be more good looking guys closer to her age in the Coffee Shop. :) (We need to start recruiting again I think.)

I find the geographic (and most other) labels to be funny due to the stereotypes associated with each group, makes for great jokes but nothing more, the reality is mostly always different from the stereotypes. :lol:

Well, I suppose I do call them "southerners." But that's about it. :biggrin: Not very creative, I know.

But honestly, doesn't 'southerners' conjure up all manner of images in the mind from rednecks to Southern belles to magnolia blossoms to Southern manners and charm, etc. etc. etc. etc.?
Born a Yooper, raised all over the States and the Pacific islands, spent a lot of time in the south. When I lived in Northern Virginia we used to call it Yankee occupied Virginia.......... :lol:
Much of that is (sorta) true, after the Civil War many, many northerners who had fought in Virginia fell in love with the country and moved down to the region.
Of course the further south one goes the further south the Mason Dixon line seems to get...... :eusa_whistle: :lol:

A friend of mine from New York told me that southerners call everyone up north a Yankee, the people in the northern cities call the country folk up there Yankees and the country folk call the northern hillbillies Yankees. :lol:

That's funny. Here in my neck of the woods, we don't refer to people by such titles except for maybe when joke telling.

"He" being you? Or "he' being Chris who is a she who would like for there to be more good looking guys closer to her age in the Coffee Shop. :) (We need to start recruiting again I think.)
He being my friend from NY.

island.jpg

Didn't know your island til I used Google image search, though I was pretty sure it wasn't anywhere near Albuquerque.

Here's my island.

Not the same Island though is it? This is near your place Ernie? The one I posted, I think the person most likely to identify it would be saveliberty

Mackinac Island

I don't mind older guys, as long as they aren't married. :beer: I stay away from the young guys though. Even guys my age are really immature, spend all kinds of time playing video games, act childish, unappreciative, selfish, etc. . . . :uhoh3: So, as a matter of fact, I prefer older men to younger ones.

Besides, I want to be the young one! :lol:

I don't mind older guys, as long as they aren't married. :beer: I stay away from the young guys though. Even guys my age are really immature, spend all kinds of time playing video games, act childish, unappreciative, selfish, etc. . . . :uhoh3: So, as a matter of fact, I prefer older men to younger ones.

I'm looking to replace the wife with a younger model.......... :eusa_whistle:

(Don't tell her I said that, don't want to start singing soprano.......)

island.jpg

Didn't know your island til I used Google image search, though I was pretty sure it wasn't anywhere near Albuquerque.

Here's my island.

Not the same Island though is it? This is near your place Ernie? The one I posted, I think the person most likely to identify it would be saveliberty

Mackinac Island

Yes. Have you been there? I don't think I've ever been to Michigan--if I was there it was only a touch down at the airport on a cross country flight. Ernie got it with Google, but I figured a Michiganer would recognize it right away.

Ohhhhh we have a lot of eligible older bachelors in the Coffee Shop who stop by now and then. :)

island.jpg

Here's my island.

Mackinac Island

Yes. Have you been there? I don't think I've ever been to Michigan--if I was there it was only a touch down at the airport on a cross country flight. Ernie got it with Google, but I figured a Michiganer would recognize it right away.
May have been born there and seen it while crossing the Mackinac Bridge a few times but the last time was 40 years ago. I didn't recognize it.

Rained 6 inches at least since the other night in LA...........lower Alabama............I've had to let water out of the pool twice.............
You in LA??? Foley, here.
Looks like most of the rain went North of you..........We just got done with the big patch of red here........More coming.............lol

I have relations there in Foley........Wife's Aunt...........lives there...........Others in Robertsdale............

Darn, all the good ones are married! :p

No argument here...

island.jpg

Here's my island.

Mackinac Island

I have not been there, but have hiked Isle Royale.

Did you grow up in Alabama?
Grew up in Mobile Alabama............

Just West of I-65..............a few miles..............Beau Terra Subdivision........
I'm a damned Yankee. Grew up in CT.
I thought the damn Yankees were in New York....... :eusa_whistle:

Play ball!!
In the south, a Yankee is a Northerner who comes to visit. A damned Yankee is one who stays.
What if they learn to say "ya'll?"

Just West of I-65..............a few miles..............Beau Terra Subdivision........

Play ball!!
In the south, a Yankee is a Northerner who comes to visit. A damned Yankee is one who stays.
There's a book for that........

how-to-speak-southern.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Play ball!!
I've learned y'all and all y'all.

I stopped and laughed at myself about a year ago when I told the wife I was "fixin' ta go ta WalMart."

I really do think I belong here. The life style and people fit my personality.

Forum List

Back