USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. The storms have passed, the sun is shining, the rain did knock down the pollen count apparently so no sneezing this morning.

Some things I learned yesterday:
1. Wishing won't make a dental appointment go away. (2 pm this afternoon.)
2. Don't heat taco shells for a whole minute in the microwave. It doesn't end well.
3. Use the right pan to make your Denver omelet or that doesn't end well either.
4. No matter how much you try to do the right thing and/or arrange your life to be pleasant, there are still going to be assholes. But those are offset by some great people in your life and I count folks here in the Coffee Shop among those. I really do love you guys.

So the coffee is good and (except for that dental appointment) a good looking week looms ahead.

Morning all!

Good luck with your appointment Foxfyre.

Tuesday's grin.
funny-animals-139.jpg

You in LA??? Foley, here.
Looks like most of the rain went North of you..........We just got done with the big patch of red here........More coming.............lol

I have relations there in Foley........Wife's Aunt...........lives there...........Others in Robertsdale............

Darn, all the good ones are married! :p

That's why I'm permanently single. :badgrin:

I thought you were married and had a small child. . .

Mont is a manny.:)

LOL. I like that. But yes, Montro is not married or a biological daddy but is employed as the caretaker of a young child.

Did you grow up in Alabama?
Grew up in Mobile Alabama............

Just West of I-65..............a few miles..............Beau Terra Subdivision........
I'm a damned Yankee. Grew up in CT.
I thought the damn Yankees were in New York....... :eusa_whistle:

Play ball!!
In the south, a Yankee is a Northerner who comes to visit. A damned Yankee is one who stays.

LOL. Didn't you say you were one of those? Just goes to show those damn Yankee can be damn lovable. :)

Just West of I-65..............a few miles..............Beau Terra Subdivision........

Play ball!!
In the south, a Yankee is a Northerner who comes to visit. A damned Yankee is one who stays.

Oh, bless your heart! :biggrin:

Play ball!!

LOL. Didn't you say you were one of those? Just goes to show those damn Yankee can be damn lovable. :)
Yup. Spent 49 of my first 50 years in Connecticut and one in your fair city. In all fairness to myself, though. I did move north when I came to Alabama.

Play ball!!

Born a Yooper, raised all over the States and the Pacific islands, spent a lot of time in the south. When I lived in Northern Virginia we used to call it Yankee occupied Virginia.......... :lol:
Much of that is (sorta) true, after the Civil War many, many northerners who had fought in Virginia fell in love with the country and moved down to the region.
Of course the further south one goes the further south the Mason Dixon line seems to get...... :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Play ball!!

Born a Yooper, raised all over the States and the Pacific islands, spent a lot of time in the south. When I lived in Northern Virginia we used to call it Yankee occupied Virginia.......... :lol:
Much of that is (sorta) true, after the Civil War many, many northerners who had fought in Virginia fell in love with the country and moved down to the region.
Of course the further south one goes the further south the Mason Dixon line seems to get...... :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Yup. We folks in New Mexico consider Colorado 'up north'. :)

Play ball!!

A friend of mine from New York told me that southerners call everyone up north a Yankee, the people in the northern cities call the country folk up there Yankees and the country folk call the northern hillbillies Yankees. :lol:

Play ball!!

And I lived in Southern Colorado...... not to be confused with California occupied Northern Colorado....... :lol:

Play ball!!

A friend of mine from New York told me that southerners call everyone up north a Yankee, the people in the northern cities call the country folk up there Yankees and the country folk call the northern hillbillies Yankees. :lol:

That's funny. Here in my neck of the woods, we don't refer to people by such titles except for maybe when joke telling.

That's funny. Here in my neck of the woods, we don't refer to people by such titles except for maybe when joke telling.

We don't in this neck of the woods either. Except when joke telling. :)

Well, I suppose I do call them "southerners." But that's about it. :biggrin: Not very creative, I know.

But honestly, doesn't 'southerners' conjure up all manner of images in the mind from rednecks to Southern belles to magnolia blossoms to Southern manners and charm, etc. etc. etc. etc.?

In these parts some people see themselves as Latino, but all, even the Latinos, see themselves as southwesterners or westerners which is a whole different thing than being 'southern' or 'yankee'.

That's what he was referring to..... :D

Forum List

Back