USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hello everyone, just checking in to give an update on all things Noomi.

Counseling is going well. I have a two week break because they are moving into a new building. I have taken the step of writing out a police statement in regards to an assault I experienced several years ago. The police will investigate and see if rape charges can be laid. It felt like a weight off my shoulders to just write it all down. Either way, his name goes down in the books and he will always be on record, so I have gained back some power either way.

Karate is good, preparing for the next tournament which is the States. I tend to do well in this one so lets see if my hard work pays off.

Its my mums birthday today and she's outside fixing up the house. Its something she wanted to do, so I guess whatever makes her happy!

I hope everyone here is doing well, sorry I don't come by more often. I have a lot on at the moment, but hopefully I will start to come by more often. :)

So happy to hear from you Noomi and happy your life seems to be on an upturn. Where in the states? And we hope you can stop by more often but always first things first

My PC is doing interminable updates so I won't post the vigil list tonight but wish all a good night and sweet dreams or a good day. I really do love you guys.

8575.jpg

If I carried a hand gun with me at all times, I fear a similar story might be about me one of these days:

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle.

She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, “I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!”. The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver’s seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition.

She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat. A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down.

She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake.

The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

The moral of the story?

If you’re going to have a senior moment… make it memorable.​

Hello everyone, just checking in to give an update on all things Noomi.

Counseling is going well. I have a two week break because they are moving into a new building. I have taken the step of writing out a police statement in regards to an assault I experienced several years ago. The police will investigate and see if rape charges can be laid. It felt like a weight off my shoulders to just write it all down. Either way, his name goes down in the books and he will always be on record, so I have gained back some power either way.

Karate is good, preparing for the next tournament which is the States. I tend to do well in this one so lets see if my hard work pays off.

Its my mums birthday today and she's outside fixing up the house. Its something she wanted to do, so I guess whatever makes her happy!

I hope everyone here is doing well, sorry I don't come by more often. I have a lot on at the moment, but hopefully I will start to come by more often. :)
Noomi, don't you worry about us here. You take care of yourself and what you need to take care of. I do suggest that visiting the geezers here in the CS might help bolster you and encourage you in you endeavors, though. Keep up the good work, young lady!!

Working on getting the roof back on the porch I redecked earlier in the season. Neighbor wanders over and asks if I noticed the tree beside the house has split and half is on my roof. No, I had not noticed that...

Today is the first day the little one is taking the bus to school. Her mom got a new job and can't drive her to school any more. Of course, the bus driver had a problem and didn't show up until we'd been outside for a long time waiting, and she was doing a middle/high school route. She had the little one sit in the front and said she'd take her to her school, but so far I am very unimpressed with the preparation of the busing. We've gotten very vague time windows for pick up and drop off. Now I'm worried about the little one getting on the bus and getting home OK once school is over, as she never has done that before. I tend toward the cynical and pessimistic so I expect to be on edge all day waiting for her to arrive at home.

Hopefully everything will smooth out by the time this first week of school is over.

If I carried a hand gun with me at all times, I fear a similar story might be about me one of these days:

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle.

She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, “I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!”. The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver’s seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition.

She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat. A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down.

She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake.

The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

The moral of the story?

If you’re going to have a senior moment… make it memorable.​
:lmao:

Working on waking up..... feels like a ten pot day....... probably allergies as we had storms last night.
I have to clean the pool out of course thought there's not as much debris as the last time, not even close. :thup:

Working on getting the roof back on the porch I redecked earlier in the season. Neighbor wanders over and asks if I noticed the tree beside the house has split and half is on my roof. No, I had not noticed that...

Hombre did a lot of property and casualty work as a career general adjuster and noted a LOT of damage from trees encroaching on roofs and if the damage occurs over a period of time, it usually is not covered by insurance. Later in our own business, among other things doing property and safety inspections, one thing we looked for were those trees limbs encroaching on roofs and always recommended they be cut back.

Good morning and Merry Monday everybody. Beautiful day here--flash flood watches and warnings all around us last night but we didn't get any rain here in the city I don't believe. Maybe today.

I have one tree left close to the house. So far, the only problem is the annual avalanche of acorns on the deck. I want to get rid of it, but mama thinks it offers some shade on the deck. It really doesn't, but.... meh, maybe I'll get rid of both.

Our worst problem right now is an ecological disaster--the EPA accidentally released 3 million gallons of waste water, contaminated with heavy metals, into the Animas River in Colorado. The water turned into a yucky orange and there is no way to stop it--it entered the San Juan River in New Mexico which in turn empties into the Colorado River at Lake Powell--it will reach Lake Powell by Wednesday--that is an enormous area and a lot of critical water supply serving a lot of people including Albuquerque. Makes you want to cry.

th

I have one tree left close to the house. So far, the only problem is the annual avalanche of acorns on the deck. I want to get rid of it, but mama thinks it offers some shade on the deck. It really doesn't, but.... meh, maybe I'll get rid of both.

When we lived in Pittsburg Ks, our second story bedroom overlooked the fiberglass cover for the carport just below us. And there was an enormous black walnut tree beside the patio. A gray squirrel who lived in that tree thoroughly delighted in pelting that fiberglass with black walnuts--and each one sounded like a rifle shot. That is the one and only time I have been sorely tempted to get the 22 and dispatch a squirrel.

Not likely to rain here today, but we're looking at about the same highs as yesterday when it topped out at 96. A good shot at rain Wednesday and again Friday and for several days after that.
Highs near 90 for the next 10 days at least.

Forum List

Back