USMB Coffee Shop IV

My Ex never mastered thinking in English.
The oldest Son could switch back and forth at will.
The youngest, He leans much more towards German, But then He has lived in germany all but maybe 3 years of his life, and he's 37.......

I think in Pig Latin.
Transite ad animi

"Asspay ethey aconbay" sounds so, well, crass... :lmao:

Happy Sunday:)

Beer_on_The_Beach.jpg

If any of you see me talking about asking the Boy Scouts to help place flags next year, please slap me.......

I went up the hill to the cemeteries to do a light walk through, I ended up checking every grave in 2 sections and placed about 4 dozen flags....I knew we had way too many left over..... Now the rest of the week I've got to get people to go up and double/triple check......

its a nice day but we keep getting these pesty sun showers and every once in a while a dark cloud come by and dumps on you. its not all that bad but I feel like I'm working wet all day.

these weekends go so fast. I can't believe it is already late sunday afternoon

its a nice day but we keep getting these pesty sun showers and every once in a while a dark cloud come by and dumps on you. its not all that bad but I feel like I'm working wet all day.

It's good to stay busy but the time goes by so fast. :)

....snip.....

I don't mean to come down on you, but don't you think your little poster/joke is a tad racist?

I thought the spirit of the Coffee Shop/Lounge was to be ourselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door, or worked together or joined the same gym....I don't know about you, but I would never suggest such a poster/joke to my neighbor, my co-worker or the person I workout with at the gym. (According to the OP's directions)

I'm not sure you are aware of it, but we do have some members that are black, and your poster has what is well known as a racist slur on the side, not to mention the verbiage on the joke itself being more suited for the FZ. I'm not sure our black members could come into the CS and enjoy each other with others making jokes like that.

Maybe the OP does not find your joke offensive, and if that's so then I guess you're certainly within your right to post such, but if I was black, I don't know that I would find the Coffee Shop very welcoming if jokes like that were the norm.

....snip.....

I don't mean to come down on you, but don't you think your little poster/joke is a tad racist?

I thought the spirit of the Coffee Shop/Lounge was to be ourselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door, or worked together or joined the same gym....I don't know about you, but I would never suggest such a poster/joke to my neighbor, my co-worker or the person I workout with at the gym. (According to the OP's directions)

I'm not sure you are aware of it, but we do have some members that are black, and your poster has what is well known as a racist slur on the side, not to mention the verbiage on the joke itself being more suited for the FZ. I'm not sure our black members could come into the CS and enjoy each other with others making jokes like that.

Maybe the OP does not find your joke offensive, and if that's so then I guess you're certainly within your right to post such, but if I was black, I don't know that I would find the Coffee Shop very welcoming if jokes like that were the norm.

I must agree. It is racist.

My daughter speaks both German and English. When she wakes up, she prefers German.

:)

Morning Coffee Mates. Mrs. Blood is German. We moved to America when she was 21. So I asked her the other day, when you think, do you think in German or English? She answered English. Interesting.

That is indeed interesting, because I have now lived in Germany almost 17 years, came here when I was 33, and now I dream almost exclusively in German (sometimes in French). My little one was born here, so German is her primary language, but since very very first day on Earth, I have only spoken English with her. There have been entire months where the only two people I spoke English to were my daughter and my sister (who lives in the States). My daughter is going through the phase where she sometimes thinks in German and sometimes in English. It is fascinating to watch, because she gets a certain look of concentration on her face when she is thinking in English... wow.

I am a native English speaker, can do Spanish acceptably, French very poorly. I can read and write the three as well as Latin (fairly) and Norwegian (poorly),

Some I read that when one dreams in a language, then the person is fluent in that language.

I have only dreamed in English my entire life.

Showers are good. They save the effort of having to water the lawn and the vegetable garden. On the other hand, they also make the grass grow faster which means cutting it more often. We can't win unless we replace the lawn with 100% desert landscaping.

Weekends do indeed go by fast, too bad the rest of the week tends to drag. One way to fix this is to make sure there's enough tee... like tee off time on the golf course. :D

My daughter speaks both German and English. When she wakes up, she prefers German.

:)

Morning Coffee Mates. Mrs. Blood is German. We moved to America when she was 21. So I asked her the other day, when you think, do you think in German or English? She answered English. Interesting.

That is indeed interesting, because I have now lived in Germany almost 17 years, came here when I was 33, and now I dream almost exclusively in German (sometimes in French). My little one was born here, so German is her primary language, but since very very first day on Earth, I have only spoken English with her. There have been entire months where the only two people I spoke English to were my daughter and my sister (who lives in the States). My daughter is going through the phase where she sometimes thinks in German and sometimes in English. It is fascinating to watch, because she gets a certain look of concentration on her face when she is thinking in English... wow.

wow, that just struck me as being really cool. you dream in german. I guess I never really thought about it, but eventually I guess you assimilate to that point.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Showers are good. They save the effort of having to water the lawn and the vegetable garden. On the other hand, they also make the grass grow faster which means cutting it more often. We can't win unless we replace the lawn with 100% desert landscaping.

Weekends do indeed go by fast, too bad the rest of the week tends to drag. One way to fix this is to make sure there's enough tee... like tee off time on the golf course. :D

I wish it would rain once a week at a specific time for a specific length of time. I could schedule around it better, but alas, I'm glad to get rain when I can because for the last 3 or 4 years, we haven't been getting too much. One of our lakes has almost totally dried up.

622x350.jpg

LAKEHILLS — Tourists are steering clear, businesses have closed and wells are failing in this shoreline town because of troubles with its lifeblood, Medina Lake, according to those who work and live here.

The reservoir only is about 9-percent full, leaving “waterfront” homeowners a long walk from wetness, docks grounded and locals anxious about the future.

The café that Johnny Hubbell opened in 2010 did fine until the falling lake sucked away customers.

“We were very successful until the lake dried up,” said Hubbell, who closed shop in September. “It killed us.”
Residents on edge as Medina Lake evaporates - San Antonio Express-News

....snip.....

I'm confused, an a little hurt. Why is it racist? If it were a white kid, would it be racist? Seriously, I didn't even notice the color of the kid until this. I'll delete it, but I'm still confused as to why it's racist.

I'm confused, an a little hurt. Why is it racist? If it were a white kid, would it be racist? Seriously, I didn't even notice the color of the kid until this. I'll delete it, but I'm still confused as to why it's racist.

First, the joke was stereotyping Blacks, the setting was Detroit, the kid's name was Tyrone and the whole joke was demeaning.

The website along the side was offensive.

Thanks for taking it down, you weren't required to but it did make me cringe. Sorry I hurt your feelings but it was hard seeing that sit out there like that.

First, the joke was stereotyping Blacks, the setting was Detroit, the kid's name was Tyrone and the whole joke was demeaning.

The website along the side was offensive.

Thanks for taking it down, you weren't required to but it did make me cringe. Sorry I hurt your feelings but it was hard seeing that sit out there like that.

And of course, now I'm curious to see what it was. :lol:

If any of you see me talking about asking the Boy Scouts to help place flags next year, please slap me.......

I went up the hill to the cemeteries to do a light walk through, I ended up checking every grave in 2 sections and placed about 4 dozen flags....I knew we had way too many left over..... Now the rest of the week I've got to get people to go up and double/triple check......
I won't be one of them to slap thee, kind sir.

You just participated in giving children a responsible job. I can envision an SFC Ollie Boy Scout pep talk next year challenging them to understand who a couple of the veterans that they missed (by then, last year) were with re to their service to this country... and them improving to 100% after the enlightening spiel. :muahaha:

Didn't they have their scout leader with them?

Forum List

Back