USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thanks Mertex. Just been texting mum, nana has fluid build up on her heart and she's also retaining fluid in her legs. There may not be anything else that can be done for her. She has notified the other family, and they say they 'might' come and see her.

In other words, they don't care unless she is on her death bed.

Sounds to me that she is in bad shape, doesn't sound like the other family is that concerned, that's a shame, they may miss an opportunity to see her again while she's still alive. Does your nana live close by to where you live or is she like in another state?

She's about forty five minutes away in a hostel, but she needs to be in a nursing home. Whether she will make it there is a question in itself.

I think they do care, they just can't be bothered driving up to see her when she might be okay. They think a two hour drive to see their own mother is too much to ask.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Ringel and his family as they prepare for the final goodbye for his dad,
Jake's granddaughter Susan,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and her cousin,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Noomi, I hope this is the last rough patch you have to go through this year.

Your Nana is in my thoughts.

Mertex is right, every family has that one greedy member. Karma usually catches up to those ones eventually.

You did the right thing for your dad. I'm not saying that he owes you a favor, but he does owe you a favor.:wink_2:

Ok, this morning at the breakfast table, my sweet little 7 year old child told me the following joke, out of the clear blue:

"Eine Kartoffel und eine Zigarette trafen sich einmal. Da sagte die Zigarette "Was machen sie mit Dir". Die Kartoffel sagte: "sie schälen mich, sie kochen mich, sie essen mich.Und was ist mit Dir?"

Darauf hin antwortete die Zigarette: "Sie zünden mir den Kopf an und nuckeln an meinen Po."

A potato met up with a cigarette. The cigarette asked, "what do they do with you?"

The potato answered: "they peel me, they cook me, they eat me. And what do they do with you?"

The cigarette answered:

"The set my head on fire and suck on my butt"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My silverware fell on the floor... amazing the jokes that little 7 year olds learn in school.

Noomi, I hope this is the last rough patch you have to go through this year.

Your Nana is in my thoughts.

Mertex is right, every family has that one greedy member. Karma usually catches up to those ones eventually.

You did the right thing for your dad. I'm not saying that he owes you a favor, but he does owe you a favor.:wink_2:

I hope so too. Everyone goes through at least one bad year. Mum told me yesterday that this was going to be a bad year, even though we try to make it a good one. Nothing is going right, so I dismiss this year entirely!

Karma will catch up to my uncle one day. He is just pissed because gran is dead and he can't use her as a cash cow because he refuses to work, unless he is given a job that pays him six figures a year. He is that kind of person.

Ok, this morning at the breakfast table, my sweet little 7 year old child told me the following joke, out of the clear blue:

"Eine Kartoffel und eine Zigarette trafen sich einmal. Da sagte die Zigarette "Was machen sie mit Dir". Die Kartoffel sagte: "sie schälen mich, sie kochen mich, sie essen mich.Und was ist mit Dir?"

Darauf hin antwortete die Zigarette: "Sie zünden mir den Kopf an und nuckeln an meinen Po."

A potato met up with a cigarette. The cigarette asked, "what do they do with you?"

The potato answered: "they peel me, they cook me, they eat me. And what do they do with you?"

The cigarette answered:

My silverware fell on the floor... amazing the jokes that little 7 year olds learn in school.

And here I thought you were an American. My bad, lol.

The cigarette answered:

I am.

The cigarette answered:

I am.

You just posted the joke in another language, is all. Hence the confusion.

Forum List

Back