USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm just bumbed out... this COLD weather in May is pushing my limits. The cold was why I left this state the other times I left, and here I am right back to hating it, again, bad. If this is the new norm, I have no doubt that some time in the future, I'll once again move. If this winter, which it seems just doesn't want to give up, is just a fluke, then I'll get over it. I hate to be cold, so I really do sit and ponder, then why am I living in one of the coldest states in America?

IDK.

Just don't pray for really hot weather until after I move at the end of May. I am resisting putting the AC unit in the window for just this short while so let the hot weather stay away for a few weeks yet. :eusa_pray: :D

Move to Texas....a couple of days over 100 degree weather, in the summer, will make you dream of the state you left behind that was cold....guaranteed!

Thanks for the suggestion Mertex, but TX is too flat. I need hills, if not mountains, and forest, and lakes and streams... and... hmmm... that's Wisconsin.

See, it does have it's advantages here... it's just... COLD!

If I did move, I'm thinking I'd be looking hard at northern Georgia...

There are parts of Texas that are flat, but then there's the "Hill Country" - sweet!
But, I don't think you can handle the "heat" - it gets really hot.....:D

Texas_Hill_Country_187N-43.jpg

Utopia-Laurel-Tree.jpg

The Hill County is beautiful, elevated, and rolly. However, it can be very hot and wet at times.

I'm just bumbed out... this COLD weather in May is pushing my limits. The cold was why I left this state the other times I left, and here I am right back to hating it, again, bad. If this is the new norm, I have no doubt that some time in the future, I'll once again move. If this winter, which it seems just doesn't want to give up, is just a fluke, then I'll get over it. I hate to be cold, so I really do sit and ponder, then why am I living in one of the coldest states in America?

IDK.

And didn't you just purchase the house you live in, in the winter months?? I think you are going to stay....:lol: It is home, after all , and you love more about it than you hate?

good morning. well I need to get out and get some stuff done. I have a list a mile long. I think today will be pool opening day. its still pretty cool but it is may and almost memorial day. lawn needs to be done, fruit trees pruned, potholes in the roads filled in. the garden needs to be turned over and planted. some fence mending to do as well. lost two ornamental trees over the winter that need to be cut down, roots dug out and replaced. I can't even start to thing about firewood for next year yet. damn, I need to re roof the shed too. the list keeps getting longer

Thanks for the suggestion Mertex, but TX is too flat. I need hills, if not mountains, and forest, and lakes and streams... and... hmmm... that's Wisconsin.

There are parts of Texas that are flat, but then there's the "Hill Country" - sweet!

Texas_Hill_Country_187N-43.jpg

Utopia-Laurel-Tree.jpg

The Hill County is beautiful, elevated, and rolly. However, it can be very hot and wet at times.
I knew a girl once who could be described as elevated, hot and rolly....:D

I'm just sayin....

good-morning.gif

Neighbors mowing the lawn at 8 am.....not cool :(
We also were awoken by noise this morning, it was the neighbors dog. It turns out that our son was responsible for the noise as he was on our front lawn tossing a ball to the dog. I don't mind at all, it's Saturday, and he brought the paper in beforehand.

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg

OOooooohh... I LIKE this new Coffee Shop... CLASSY...
MSN-Emoticon-applause-004.gif

I like that it has a fully stocked bar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-fSZRYeBWk]John Lee Hooker - One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good morning all. I was just reading through the morning posts and thought again what an interest and diverse bunch of people come here. . . .

And all the odd little coincidences that crop up from time to time. . .

Stat posted Pamela Anderson drinking coffee, and just yesterday Huffpo had posted a little article about the 10 greatest boob jobs of all time with photos--and Pamela was among the 10. (I also thought whoever wrote that article must have been having a slow news day.)

I was sympathizing with 007 still in the cooler up there in Wisconsin and looking at the beautiful photos of the Texas hill country and remembering how miserable it was there the last time I was there--102 in the shade with near 100 percent humidity--but beautiful to look at. But conditions can change rapidly. Three days ago we had hard freeze warnings over much of the state and were wearing winter garb all day--today we are looking for our first 90 degree day--got within a degree of that yesterday. By June we will see at least close to 100s.

I was looking at Darkwind's response to my lady wakeboarding with dolphins video I posted in the last couple of days. I agree that was just wow. What an experience to have.

I don't mind birds chirping in the morning, but leaf blowers, lawn mowers, and chain saws before 8 a.m. are a bit much. I've been watching a swallow visiting our front entry area every so often recently and hoping she isn't contemplating nesting there. How does one discourage a bird from nesting where you really really don't want them to? We've also been visited by a blue jay out there too, but it is more likely she's sizing up the big juniper at the front of the house though and that would be kind of neat.

Wishing I had Spoonie's stamina and mobility so I could do some gardening this year. That has always been one of my favorite thing. Also hope he remembers all that back pain over the winter. :) And still mourning the loss of Nosmo's tulips to the hail but looking forward to his flowers this summer.

Move to Texas....a couple of days over 100 degree weather, in the summer, will make you dream of the state you left behind that was cold....guaranteed!

That looks great... I might have to give TX another look, and I can take the heat a lot better than I can take the cold.

Last edited:

IDK.

And didn't you just purchase the house you live in, in the winter months?? I think you are going to stay....:lol: It is home, after all , and you love more about it than you hate?
Yes I did. It's a great place and a great little couple of acres. I guess I'll have to be a "snow bird"... :D

Wearing shorts for the first time this year.

I was thinking about something yesterday. A contractor I'm familiar with (I don't know him, as such, but we've spoken a few times at trade/industry conventions) has been awarded the contract to decommission the Magnox reactors at Oldbury Nuclear Power Station in Gloucestershire. The contract's worth over £12m, but due to the pre-planning stress he's lost all of his hair, and he's only fifty. This got me thinking. He had a full head of thick hair, much like I have. I know it's a hell of a lot of money, but would you think twice about accepting that contract if you were almost certain you'd lose all your hair? Give that some real consideration before answering. I'd be mortified if all my hair fell out over a period of months.

Back to Doc's
Benefit tonight for a family that lost everything in the floods here on 4/29. Two bands which are donating their fees and a huge donation box for living essentials plus a couple grand so far in cash donations.

We all had a blast last night. We did a good thing, made some new friends and we were blessed with a very successful night.
Of course, it was close to 4 AM before I made it to bed and was plagued with leg cramps every hour since. I'm beat up, but still functional.

Wearing shorts for the first time this year.

I was thinking about something yesterday. A contractor I'm familiar with (I don't know him, as such, but we've spoken a few times at trade/industry conventions) has been awarded the contract to decommission the Magnox reactors at Oldbury Nuclear Power Station in Gloucestershire. The contract's worth over £12m, but due to the pre-planning stress he's lost all of his hair, and he's only fifty. This got me thinking. He had a full head of thick hair, much like I have. I know it's a hell of a lot of money, but would you think twice about accepting that contract if you were almost certain you'd lose all your hair? Give that some real consideration before answering. I'd be mortified if all my hair fell out over a period of months.

My father in law lost all his hair one day while his wife was washing it. She didn't know how to tell him it just came out in her hands. They went to the doctor, turns out, he'd had a scare at work, a big machine had fallen and just missed him. Apparently that caused his hair to fall out. It came back in though. My husband hasn't been so lucky, he started going bald in high school and he's still bald. Bald men are sexy.

I had insomnia again last nite. My sorority sisters aren't too happy with me. I didn't make it to our swap meet. Less money for cancer research I guess. I'd go now but my head is killing me. Gee I wish Mary hadn't called and awaken me after I finally got to sleep.

Good morning all. I was just reading through the morning posts and thought again what an interest and diverse bunch of people come here. . . .

And all the odd little coincidences that crop up from time to time. . .

Stat posted Pamela Anderson drinking coffee, and just yesterday Huffpo had posted a little article about the 10 greatest boob jobs of all time with photos--and Pamela was among the 10. (I also thought whoever wrote that article must have been having a slow news day.)

I was sympathizing with 007 still in the cooler up there in Wisconsin and looking at the beautiful photos of the Texas hill country and remembering how miserable it was there the last time I was there--102 in the shade with near 100 percent humidity--but beautiful to look at. But conditions can change rapidly. Three days ago we had hard freeze warnings over much of the state and were wearing winter garb all day--today we are looking for our first 90 degree day--got within a degree of that yesterday. By June we will see at least close to 100s.

I was looking at Darkwind's response to my lady wakeboarding with dolphins video I posted in the last couple of days. I agree that was just wow. What an experience to have.

I don't mind birds chirping in the morning, but leaf blowers, lawn mowers, and chain saws before 8 a.m. are a bit much. I've been watching a swallow visiting our front entry area every so often recently and hoping she isn't contemplating nesting there. How does one discourage a bird from nesting where you really really don't want them to? We've also been visited by a blue jay out there too, but it is more likely she's sizing up the big juniper at the front of the house though and that would be kind of neat.

Wishing I had Spoonie's stamina and mobility so I could do some gardening this year. That has always been one of my favorite thing. Also hope he remembers all that back pain over the winter. :) And still mourning the loss of Nosmo's tulips to the hail but looking forward to his flowers this summer.

I swear upon my stack of oreo cookies and my big cup of milk that that is just coincidence!

Had been considering publishing that photo of Pamela Anderson (I happen to be a big fan of hers :D ) for a while, but thought that the photo might possibly cast her in not her best light. At the end of the day, however, I decided that she is so hot, it's hard to cast her in a bad light, but that could just be my healthy male bias at work here...

:D

Forum List

Back