USMB Coffee Shop IV

All but one item to rebuild my computer arrived over the last 4 days, realized I'd forgotten one thing, a proper heatsink-fan for the 6 core CPU...... Oh well, ordered it last night a 3 or 4 more days. The last thing I was waiting for (other than the fan) arrived this morning.
Was going through my boxes of computer parts and found a 400 Watt power supply still sealed in the box that I forgot I'd ordered years ago, think the wife's desktop has a 350 Watt PS, I might switch it out. That one's running an AMD3 3-core Athlon CPU. Also wonder if the Phenom ii x 2 in my current desktop wouldn't be better than the Athlon........ Uuummmmm.

Never mind, pretty much the same in some areas but much better in multi-threading with the Athlon.

Does your chip get too hot with the fan that comes with it? Or did you get one sans cpu fan?
Got one sans the fan, figured I'd use my existing one but it's not designed for a 6 core. Ordered an Arctic Freezer 7 for $30 shipped, works 100 times more efficient than the stock fans and is more than enough to handle the heat load without picking up a much more expensive one.
The case is nice (steel), lots of airflow and a built it large case fan, should keep it pretty cool in there without me running the computer with the case sides off....... :D

No rain? The lobster crop may fail!

Lobster lives matter!

At least the tails as I heard it.

I actually prefer the claws.

I prefer cow. Let the lobsters live! :p
Speaking of cow we're having steak tonight.......

I had that a couple of nights ago. Porterhouse steak and homemade steak sauce. None of that A1 stuff for me anymore! :D

Lobster lives matter!

I had that a couple of nights ago. Porterhouse steak and homemade steak sauce. None of that A1 stuff for me anymore! :D
Y'all are making me hungry. I think I need a piece of dead cow.

Lobster lives matter!

Don't use steak sauce, I sometimes will marinade the steak (like I'm doing now) in a half soy sauce half Worcestershire with crushed garlic and grated onion. I add some salt, pepper and rubbed sage when I cook it medium/medium rare.

Don't use steak sauce, I sometimes will marinade the steak (like I'm doing now) in a half soy sauce half Worcestershire with crushed garlic and grated onion. I add some salt, pepper and rubbed sage when I cook it medium/medium rare.

Medium rare for me. That sounds delicious! I use the Worcestershire for my steak sauce.

The rarer the better! We just cut off his horns, wipe his ass and run him into the dining room. No steak sauce is needed.

1393689_10151778876560754_1196633629_n.jpg

The C-130s were not uncomfortable but they were loud inside, I figure the C-17s are much better at comfort and noise level.

How quiet are they on the outside Ringel?
Depends on how close one is to the props......... You stand next to em and tell me.......
My first flight in a C-130 was 10 hours, I sat next to the right inboard engine without ear protection, when I arrived at my destination I couldn't hear for about an hour after. Never made that mistake again........
They're also a bit "bouncy" in flight, got air sick the first time, never got air sick after that. On one trip we had some senior officers with us, it was fun watching them turn green at the gills...... :D
OK, bring hearing protection. I get airsick, so that might require a supply of Ziplocks. Quite worth the trouble if I get to see my family.

Forum List

Back