USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just went through the people that "follow" me on twitter, of which 9 of the 25 are girls, nice looking ladies too. I wish real life followed twitter... :lol:

The rarer the better! We just cut off his horns, wipe his ass and run him into the dining room. No steak sauce is needed.
Amen, and pass the wasabi!
I finally cracked UNDER 200 this morning. I weighed in on my scale at 199.4. Now that's incentive to KEEP IT UP. I'd like to be 185. I might even be able to see my old "six pack" if I got down that far... (if it's still there. A few sit ups might be in order.)

I haven't gone through all the posts, but one thing I noticed right away is no vigil last night?? Hope everything is okay.

Yes, all is well Chris but thanks and good morning everybody. I just fell asleep on the couch watching TV and walking past the office noted the computer had put itself to sleep for the night and was just too sleepy to wake it up.

I was just thinking about steak. I am not a huge steak eater but when I enjoy a good steak I want it a bit more cooked than the guys seem to want--it bothers me if it moos when I cut into it. Don't want it well done either but medium is about right.

We are having steak tonight.
We both like it done medium rare.
It's funny because I took the steaks out yesterday morning to thaw out in the fridge and this morning I read about everyone talking about steak yesterday. :biggrin:

The rarer the better! We just cut off his horns, wipe his ass and run him into the dining room. No steak sauce is needed.
I finally cracked UNDER 200 this morning. I weighed in on my scale at 199.4. Now that's incentive to KEEP IT UP. I'd like to be 185. I might even be able to see my old "six pack" if I got down that far... (if it's still there. A few sit ups might be in order.)

Congratulations! :beer:

We are having steak tonight.
We both like it done medium rare.
It's funny because I took the steaks out yesterday morning to thaw out in the fridge and this morning I read about everyone talking about steak yesterday. :biggrin:

I haven't gone through all the posts, but one thing I noticed right away is no vigil last night?? Hope everything is okay.

Yes, all is well Chris but thanks and good morning everybody. I just fell asleep on the couch watching TV and walking past the office noted the computer had put itself to sleep for the night and was just too sleepy to wake it up.

I was just thinking about steak. I am not a huge steak eater but when I enjoy a good steak I want it a bit more cooked than the guys seem to want--it bothers me if it moos when I cut into it. Don't want it well done either but medium is about right.

Medium rare for me too. :)

Happy Wednesday :biggrin:

0276b1e7bc7631b2fa92f4112cb3706d.jpg

This guy likes his steak cooked! I can eat it somewhat rare, but I like fire applied to my meats. :p

This guy likes his steak cooked! I can eat it somewhat rare, but I like fire applied to my meats. :p

My ex used to like his well done. Yuck. I would tell him, you are ruining that steak! :D

The C-130s were not uncomfortable but they were loud inside, I figure the C-17s are much better at comfort and noise level.

How quiet are they on the outside Ringel?
Depends on how close one is to the props......... You stand next to em and tell me.......
My first flight in a C-130 was 10 hours, I sat next to the right inboard engine without ear protection, when I arrived at my destination I couldn't hear for about an hour after. Never made that mistake again........
They're also a bit "bouncy" in flight, got air sick the first time, never got air sick after that. On one trip we had some senior officers with us, it was fun watching them turn green at the gills...... :D
OK, bring hearing protection. I get airsick, so that might require a supply of Ziplocks. Quite worth the trouble if I get to see my family.
I'm guessing C-17s are a smoother ride, they're jet propelled, C-130s are lumbering slow prop driven cargo planes.
The seating in the C-17s look like they might be more comfortable to sit in but from the pictures I've seen don't really lend themselves to sleeping in. The C-130s had web seating, individual and bench, you could lay down and go to sleep on one of those.

As long as there's another consenting adult involved....... Still, sounds painful to me.........

Congratulations. Those milestones are great incentives. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I know you guys know not to do political commentary here in the Coffee Shop, but I think everybody can get a chuckle out of today's offering in "The Onion":

WASHINGTON—Admitting the startling discovery had compelled him to reexamine his long-held beliefs, His Holiness Pope Francis announced Tuesday that he had reversed his critical stance toward capitalism after seeing the immense variety of Oreos available in the United States. “Oh, my goodness, look at all these! Golden Oreos, Cookie Dough Oreos, Mega Stuf Oreos, Birthday Cake Oreos—perhaps the system of free enterprise is not as terrible as I once feared,” said the visibly awed bishop of Rome while visiting a Washington, D.C. supermarket, adding that the sheer diversity of flavors, various colors and quantities of creme filling, and presence or absence of an outer fudge layer had led to a profound philosophical shift in his feelings toward the global economy and opened his eyes to the remarkable capabilities of the free market. “Only a truly exceptional and powerful economic system would be capable of producing so many limited-edition and holiday-themed flavors of a single cookie brand, such as these extraordinary Key Lime Pie Oreos and Candy Corn Oreos. This is not a force of global impoverishment at all, but one of endless enrichment.” At press time, the pontiff had reportedly withdrawn his acceptance of capitalism, calling any system that would unleash a Roadhouse Chili Monster Slim Jim on the public “an unholy abomination.”​

Congratulations. Those milestones are great incentives. :)
Thank you, Foxy, it isn't that easy. I'm hungry most of the time but it's getting less and less an issue, probably because my stomach is shrinking. But to lose weight, it's almost impossible to do without exercise. Just sitting around not eating really doesn't get it done. It would take forever. Your body just goes into starvation mode and hangs onto every last darn fat cell. Thankfully I have LOTS to do around my place. I had nine LARGE trees cut down and then including those and some old ones, 27 stumps ground off, and I'm still not done cleaning up and leveling all that off. Huge job, but I like the work. It's almost fun, because it looks so much nicer and I know I've increased the value of my property.

And that's what I have to do right now, head outside and get back at it.

Last edited:
I know you guys know not to do political commentary here in the Coffee Shop, but I think everybody can get a chuckle out of today's offering in "The Onion":

WASHINGTON—Admitting the startling discovery had compelled him to reexamine his long-held beliefs, His Holiness Pope Francis announced Tuesday that he had reversed his critical stance toward capitalism after seeing the immense variety of Oreos available in the United States. “Oh, my goodness, look at all these! Golden Oreos, Cookie Dough Oreos, Mega Stuf Oreos, Birthday Cake Oreos—perhaps the system of free enterprise is not as terrible as I once feared,” said the visibly awed bishop of Rome while visiting a Washington, D.C. supermarket, adding that the sheer diversity of flavors, various colors and quantities of creme filling, and presence or absence of an outer fudge layer had led to a profound philosophical shift in his feelings toward the global economy and opened his eyes to the remarkable capabilities of the free market. “Only a truly exceptional and powerful economic system would be capable of producing so many limited-edition and holiday-themed flavors of a single cookie brand, such as these extraordinary Key Lime Pie Oreos and Candy Corn Oreos. This is not a force of global impoverishment at all, but one of endless enrichment.” At press time, the pontiff had reportedly withdrawn his acceptance of capitalism, calling any system that would unleash a Roadhouse Chili Monster Slim Jim on the public “an unholy abomination.”​
Dajjal came up with a good one while you were in the hospital, he said... "quick, while Foxy is in the hospital, LETS ALL TALK ABOUT POLITICS AND RELIGION"... HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!!! ... :lol:

Last edited:
The C-130s were not uncomfortable but they were loud inside, I figure the C-17s are much better at comfort and noise level.

How quiet are they on the outside Ringel?
Depends on how close one is to the props......... You stand next to em and tell me.......
My first flight in a C-130 was 10 hours, I sat next to the right inboard engine without ear protection, when I arrived at my destination I couldn't hear for about an hour after. Never made that mistake again........
They're also a bit "bouncy" in flight, got air sick the first time, never got air sick after that. On one trip we had some senior officers with us, it was fun watching them turn green at the gills...... :D
OK, bring hearing protection. I get airsick, so that might require a supply of Ziplocks. Quite worth the trouble if I get to see my family.
I'm guessing C-17s are a smoother ride, they're jet propelled, C-130s are lumbering slow prop driven cargo planes.
The seating in the C-17s look like they might be more comfortable to sit in but from the pictures I've seen don't really lend themselves to sleeping in. The C-130s had web seating, individual and bench, you could lay down and go to sleep on one of those.
I used to ride ON the cargo pallets in the Hurcs. Sometimes you could find a really comfy spot and sleep like a baby.

Found a higher end CPU heatsink/fan going through my boxes of parts last night so I went ahead and rebuilt my desktop. FAST!!!! Very fast with everything including boot-up. :thup:
I'll use the new heatsink/fan when it arrives, it's better than the one on there now as for the 1TB HD I ordered for the wife I'll return that as I also found a 350GB HD to put in the wife's desktop. To hers I replaced the RAM with what was in mine and put my 2GB NVidia card in it then loaded Ubuntu on it. Being a 5 year old DDR2 system with Ubuntu means it's twice as fast as Windows. I now have two awesome desktops to play around with. :D

Forum List

Back