USMB Coffee Shop IV

Found a higher end CPU heatsink/fan going through my boxes of parts last night so I went ahead and rebuilt my desktop. FAST!!!! Very fast with everything including boot-up. :thup:
I'll use the new heatsink/fan when it arrives, it's better than the one on there now as for the 1TB HD I ordered for the wife I'll return that as I also found a 350GB HD to put in the wife's desktop. To hers I replaced the RAM with what was in mine and put my 2GB NVidia card in it then loaded Ubuntu on it. Being a 5 year old DDR2 system with Ubuntu means it's twice as fast as Windows. I now have two awesome desktops to play around with. :D

You can feel free to send the HD to me! I don't need it, but for some reason I always want more HD space. :lol: After I put my PC together I was considering buying a 5TB HD, it would only cost $150. :p

Found a higher end CPU heatsink/fan going through my boxes of parts last night so I went ahead and rebuilt my desktop. FAST!!!! Very fast with everything including boot-up. :thup:
I'll use the new heatsink/fan when it arrives, it's better than the one on there now as for the 1TB HD I ordered for the wife I'll return that as I also found a 350GB HD to put in the wife's desktop. To hers I replaced the RAM with what was in mine and put my 2GB NVidia card in it then loaded Ubuntu on it. Being a 5 year old DDR2 system with Ubuntu means it's twice as fast as Windows. I now have two awesome desktops to play around with. :D

You can feel free to send the HD to me! I don't need it, but for some reason I always want more HD space. :lol: After I put my PC together I was considering buying a 5TB HD, it would only cost $150. :p
I'd keep it but I'm pinching pennies right now, $30 will buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk........ :eusa_whistle:

Are any of our coffee shop alumni investors of gold?
Nope and I'd shoot Rosland Capital and William Devane if I had the chance......... :eusa_whistle:
"HI, I'M WILLIAM DEVANE"... :lol:

I hear ya man, I wanted to KICK MY TV every time I saw that! Thankfully now with Netflix, I don't watch COMMERCIALS anymore, it's heaven.

But gold... I understand investing, but is gold really the best thing to invest in?

Harper 'n Ellie watch late this afternoon. Our piano now resides in their house, so I will probably get a concert by a three year old.

Nope and I'd shoot Rosland Capital and William Devane if I had the chance......... :eusa_whistle:

I hear ya man, I wanted to KICK MY TV every time I saw that! Thankfully now with Netflix, I don't watch COMMERCIALS anymore, it's heaven.

But gold... I understand investing, but is gold really the best thing to invest in?
The wife likes the structure and ready availability that comes with cable so we have that even though we have and use Roku. Me I rarely turn on the TV myself so the only time I see it is when the wife has it on and I'm in the living room on my laptop.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Not right now. I'd wait a while until spot was $1,300- $1350. I'd ride it to $1,650 and sell at least half.
I bought way back at $800 and again at $1,000, sold about half at $1,800 and dumped the rest on the way down at just under $1,300.
Is it the best investment? Hell no! The best investment is innovation (Gates, Jobs, Ford ...) but there is the potential to make some money.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Real estate can't be beat. Especially land.

The rarer the better! We just cut off his horns, wipe his ass and run him into the dining room. No steak sauce is needed.
Amen, and pass the wasabi!
I finally cracked UNDER 200 this morning. I weighed in on my scale at 199.4. Now that's incentive to KEEP IT UP. I'd like to be 185. I might even be able to see my old "six pack" if I got down that far... (if it's still there. A few sit ups might be in order.)
More in a keg than a six-pack, yanoh?

image.jpg

Real estate can't be beat. Especially land.
Well that's it, I've been pouring the money into my place. I just spent $2,620 on cutting down old, half dead trees and stump grinding. I've also done away with much neglected hedges and overgrown this and that of all sorts that the prior owners planted... IN EXCESS... ridiculous really. So my place is really looking so much nicer and I have gotten compliments from the neighbors, but equity, and sweat equity. I know I've increased my land value, and to me seems like a pretty good return on my investment. I don't think I could match it with gold.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back