USMB Coffee Shop IV

A warm coffee shop welcome to Damaged Eagle who is visiting us for the first time this evening. Welcome welcome and, because it is so late, a nightcap for your first timer's complimentary beverage:

Negroni.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

o-CARHENGE-facebook.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I'm sore today. Yesterday I worked along my driveway getting out the remainder of the little stumps that the grinder missed, and pulling the what seems like millions of roots, so my back is feeling it today. I got about 50' of it done and have about 15' left, but I think I'll find something easier to do today and give my back and muscles a day of rest.

Last edited:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

o-CARHENGE-facebook.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Interesting photo. Lol. :)

I'm sore today. Yesterday I worked along my driveway getting out the remainder of the little stumps that the grinder missed, and pulling the what seems like millions of roots, so my back is feeling it today. I got about 50' of it done and have about 15' left, but I think I'll find something easier to do today and my back and muscles a day of rest.

A hot bath might help you. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
i think you need to find a nice girl who is really good at full body massage to come over and practice massage on you, and insist, that once you have your clothes, she can take her clothes off and claim it is your turn to use her, after your massage.

I'm sore today. Yesterday I worked along my driveway getting out the remainder of the little stumps that the grinder missed, and pulling the what seems like millions of roots, so my back is feeling it today. I got about 50' of it done and have about 15' left, but I think I'll find something easier to do today and my back and muscles a day of rest.

Would you believe I don't have a bathtub? Only a large shower, but I do have a shower massage head, and that does feel good.

I'm going to take the Harley out for one last little ride today in the back hills and scout out where there's an auction this weekend, then come back and maybe split some wood. A lot easier than what I was doing yesterday.

The C-130s were not uncomfortable but they were loud inside, I figure the C-17s are much better at comfort and noise level.

How quiet are they on the outside Ringel?
Depends on how close one is to the props......... You stand next to em and tell me.......
My first flight in a C-130 was 10 hours, I sat next to the right inboard engine without ear protection, when I arrived at my destination I couldn't hear for about an hour after. Never made that mistake again........
They're also a bit "bouncy" in flight, got air sick the first time, never got air sick after that. On one trip we had some senior officers with us, it was fun watching them turn green at the gills...... :D
OK, bring hearing protection. I get airsick, so that might require a supply of Ziplocks. Quite worth the trouble if I get to see my family.
I'm guessing C-17s are a smoother ride, they're jet propelled, C-130s are lumbering slow prop driven cargo planes.
The seating in the C-17s look like they might be more comfortable to sit in but from the pictures I've seen don't really lend themselves to sleeping in. The C-130s had web seating, individual and bench, you could lay down and go to sleep on one of those.
I'll let you know how nice a ride they are, probably next Summer. I've expended my PTO being up here the last week, or so.

Would you believe I don't have a bathtub? Only a large shower, but I do have a shower massage head, and that does feel good.

I'm going to take the Harley out for one last little ride today in the back hills and scout out where there's an auction this weekend, then come back and maybe split some wood. A lot easier than what I was doing yesterday.
Same here, no tub but a nice shower. Bathing in a tub just seems like you're stewing in your own filth. When I had a hot tub, you had to shower off before climbing into the stew pot. I preferred no clothing, too. Usually brought in residual detergent and dirt, as well. That rule was sometimes bent for more modest guests, but they had to shower with their duds on if they were coming into the tub. I plan to build a sauna out here. They're as therapeutic and pleasant as hot tubs, but lots cleaner and don't tend to become the household science project.

I'd keep it but I'm pinching pennies right now, $30 will buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk........ :eusa_whistle:

You must be in good with the clerk in Nome Alaska.
Not that far off for Nome, really.
I not only read labels nowadays, I also compare every product on the shelf and use coupons as far as my limited time allows me to. Be cautious with coupons, though, while they may discount that product, they may not actually be the least expensive product available.

Are any of our coffee shop alumni investors of gold?
Nope and I'd shoot Rosland Capital and William Devane if I had the chance......... :eusa_whistle:
"HI, I'M WILLIAM DEVANE"... :lol:

I hear ya man, I wanted to KICK MY TV every time I saw that! Thankfully now with Netflix, I don't watch COMMERCIALS anymore, it's heaven.

But gold... I understand investing, but is gold really the best thing to invest in?
Not right now. I'd wait a while until spot was $1,300- $1350. I'd ride it to $1,650 and sell at least half.
I bought way back at $800 and again at $1,000, sold about half at $1,800 and dumped the rest on the way down at just under $1,300.
Is it the best investment? Hell no! The best investment is innovation (Gates, Jobs, Ford ...) but there is the potential to make some money.
My retirement investment includes two hundred acres of Alaska (off-grid), and my stock holdings are the four-legged kind. At least I don't worry about "eating it" if the market fails.

I'd keep it but I'm pinching pennies right now, $30 will buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk........ :eusa_whistle:

I not only read labels nowadays, I also compare every product on the shelf and use coupons as far as my limited time allows me to. Be cautious with coupons, though, while they may discount that product, they may not actually be the least expensive product available.

I saw something on TV about prices in the far North recently.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,

o-CARHENGE-facebook.jpg

I thought that was Cadillac Ranch at first. We stopped at the Ranch on the way back from Albuquerque. Where is your picture from?

Cadillac Ranch near Amarillo.

amarillo_cadillac_ranch.jpg

I saw something on TV about prices in the far North recently.
And the verdict was...?
Anchorage isn't too bad, compared to the rest of Alaska, but it's still pretty pricey. Of course, we are about to receive our annual influx of villagers and Bush-dwellers to hit Costco and other big box, relatively inexpensive shopping venues. The APFD will hit banks Oct 1 and is to be about $2079, I believe. That means the Native hospital will be busier than a one-legged guy in a butt-kicking contest, too. Natives not only receive "free" medical care, but their airfare is paid for, too. And if the afflicted individual desires, his/her family is also included in the passenger manifest, free-of-charge. So, they come to town for their annual medical check up, bring the family, and shop until they drop. Of course, their "baggage" is shipped back to the village, no cost to them... Oh, well...

I usually don't mind generic products and they are most often cheaper than name brand stuff even with coupons.

Got a lot of native oil protestors GW?
Not when the oil comes from native lands, pumped by native-owned companies, and the money goes into native coffers. Kind of like any other company or group of developers. They just don't much like the competition and do like having millions of acres that are pretty much regulated like their personal hunting preserve.

I usually don't mind generic products and they are most often cheaper than name brand stuff even with coupons.
True. And I haven't found any significant difference in quality. Generics just don't advertise like name brands do.

OK, calling all dog people, I need some help! My mini-doxie is always following me all over the house. Hence, every time I turn around or try to move somewhere, she's right underfoot. If I try to step over her, she dodges away and I usually have to move quickly to avoid stepping on her, or kicking her. What could cause this behavior and are there any recommendations to make her stop it? She's driving me nuts and it's only a matter of time until one of us gets hurt.

Forum List

Back