USMB Coffee Shop IV

I can count on my fingers the times I've used 8 and 10, so I'll remain silent about how to do things on those OS's. :lol:
Win 8.1 is a great tablet/phone OS, Win 10 is also but also is the fix that makes it work well on desktops and laptops. Yeah it has a lot of work left to fix all the bugs but this direction is the wave of the future with portable devices quickly taking over the market.

Actually, the last time I read anything about it, the PC market was still doing fine. Maybe a small decrease in sales, but not too bad. I think it's not that mobile devices are taking over the PC market; they are an entirely new market in large part. The problem is that they are such a big market, companies like Microsoft are becoming less concerned with their PC stuff.
A lot of companies are less concerned with the PC market, some have or are doing away with certain laptops and desktop models, Apple doesn't even make a 17" laptop anymore.

I don't understand why people are satisfied with little mobile crap. Don't they at least want a big screen to look at? :p
When I was at the dealership today almost everyone was on their smartphones, I had my Lenovo 3 in 1.
Speaking of being at the dealership the engine trouble light turned out to be "normal". Prius's have a heated anti-freeze reservoir tank that keeps the fluid at a specific temperature, we let the car sit idle for about a week, the heating element turned itself off so when I started it up the sensor read the fluid as being cold indicating a potential problem with the system. The light went away when it was heated back up to normal. I did get the rear wiper replaced for $10.45, the back wipers are only available through Toyota.
I'm not sure whether this will work with a Prius, but it works for my Dodge Ram. (Make sure you have pencil and paper ready.) Insert key into the ignition, turn it off-on, off-on, off-on, leaving it in the on position the last time (do not actually turn it far enough to start the engine). The fault codes will appear on your digital display screen where you would normally see the mileage. Write them down quickly because they don't stay up very long. Then you can go on line and google the codes for your make/model vehicle and find out what each code means. When I had a "check engine" light that kept coming on, I did this and the first two codes had something to do with the oxygen sensor system. The third code was more difficult to track down but turned out to be the code that indicated the others were "nuisance" messages. Your owner's manual will give instructions how to clear the messages.

I am very happy to report that I got a call this morning from Campbell's Hardware in Robertsdale, AL and promptly drove 12 miles NW of here and picked up 2 shiny new Uberti Cattleman model 344500 with 4 3/4" barrels.
I apologized to everyone I saw for my frustration at the delay and I am back to being a favored customer.
I loaded up one of them and it shoots right where I ask it to. First round hit the center of a 4" long piece of 2x4 at 15 yards. 4 of the other 5 hit a gallon milk jug at 30 yards. Recoil is similar to a .357 magnum. Not so bad that it will cause my right arm with the 10" long steel plate, any problems.View attachment 51646 View attachment 51647
Ooohh! Shiny!!!

Bah! My body's birthday bounty is a bad belly. Bummer.

Oh Gosh Montro, I got sidetracked and completely forgot your birthday. Yesterday wasn't it? Well sorry about the tummy ache but hope it was great:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTROVANT!!!

osamhalshikh-2072633.jpg

Good morning all. Need to go hop in the shower and make myself all pretty. An old HS classmate that I haven't seen in decades will pick me up mid morning and we'll drive to Santa Fe (50 miles or so) for lunch/mini reunion with a half dozen other ladies from our graduating class. I'm looking forward to it in one way and, because I don't know these people anymore, not so much another way. But I am guessing it will more likely be fun than not.

Good morning all. Need to go hop in the shower and make myself all pretty. An old HS classmate that I haven't seen in decades will pick me up mid morning and we'll drive to Santa Fe (50 miles or so) for a mini reunion with a half dozen other ladies from our graduating class. I'm looking forward to it in one way and, because I don't know these people anymore, not so much another way. But I am guessing it will more likely be fun than not.

Sounds like fun! Hope you have a good time!

Good morning all. Need to go hop in the shower and make myself all pretty. An old HS classmate that I haven't seen in decades will pick me up mid morning and we'll drive to Santa Fe (50 miles or so) for lunch/mini reunion with a half dozen other ladies from our graduating class. I'm looking forward to it in one way and, because I don't know these people anymore, not so much another way. But I am guessing it will more likely be fun than not.

Sounds like lots of fun.
You have a great time and enjoy yourself. :biggrin:

I am very happy to report that I got a call this morning from Campbell's Hardware in Robertsdale, AL and promptly drove 12 miles NW of here and picked up 2 shiny new Uberti Cattleman model 344500 with 4 3/4" barrels.
I apologized to everyone I saw for my frustration at the delay and I am back to being a favored customer.
I loaded up one of them and it shoots right where I ask it to. First round hit the center of a 4" long piece of 2x4 at 15 yards. 4 of the other 5 hit a gallon milk jug at 30 yards. Recoil is similar to a .357 magnum. Not so bad that it will cause my right arm with the 10" long steel plate, any problems.View attachment 51646 View attachment 51647
Ooohh! Shiny!!!

Yes, follow the shiny guns back and forth and back and forth...
... now go out and buy suitable ammo for said shiny gun. :)

I'm looking for a quantity deal. .45 long Colt retails locally for > 80 cents/round. If I can buy 500 rounds for half that, I won't set up for reloading just yet.

I think facebook is permanently fried. All I get is a blank page, for days. Anybody else having that problem, or is it my google chrome doing it?

I think facebook is permanently fried. All I get is a blank page, for days. Anybody else having that problem, or is it my google chrome doing it?

I don't have any trouble getting on Facebook with Firefox or Chromium. :dunno:
Hmm... well, something is messed up. I was getting messages from chrome saying Silverlight would no longer be supported, maybe it's got something to do with that. IDK... no great loss I guess, I rarely went on facebook anyway.

Ooohh! Shiny!!!

Yes, follow the shiny guns back and forth and back and forth...
... now go out and buy suitable ammo for said shiny gun. :)
I've been contemplating a new addition to the gun safe myself. Dividends came out and the sale prices are outrageous. What to buy, what to buy? Right now, I'm sitting on my Dividend until I find a suitable purchase. There's a really nice, truck-mounted snow blower for sale locally for about $4800. I'm going to try to pull it down for $4500, cash.
Happy BD to Montrovant, and have a nice luncheon, Foxy.

Forum List

Back