USMB Coffee Shop IV

Burt is on there Ernie.

Burt and Ernie? :D I wonder if that was done on purpose or not?
It was. For 40 years people have been asking "Where's Bert?" I finally could say that he was home licking his privates.

That's just one reason why I haven't really wanted to have any pets these last few years (even though I have one now, it's not really by my own choice). So sorry about your pup, Ernie.

Hey....maybe the other two dogs can lead you to Bert? Or where he was last seen? Maybe someone thought he was homeless and took him. Call around tomorrow at the Vets or the pound. Place a craigslist ad? Meanwhile, take the two other dogs, ask them where Bert is, and see where they take you.
Still no Bert. The other two have been off looking with me and haven't had any luck either, I'll check around, but the old boy has been going down hill lately. Not in pain or with outward signs of trauma or disease, just old and mostly toothless and I suspect, partially deaf..
Our last Bichon, Sugar, failed at about the same age. She still had teeth, but had sore joints and went blind. I suspect she didn't wander off to die alone because she didn't know where "alone" was.
I do miss him. Hell I miss all of the pets I've have in the last 66 years, but I'm a realist. Grover is 9 so he's got some time. Picasso is just 2, so he'll be with me for quite a while, but I'm thinking he may be my last dog. I've buried too many and don't want one to bury me.

Hey....maybe the other two dogs can lead you to Bert? Or where he was last seen? Maybe someone thought he was homeless and took him. Call around tomorrow at the Vets or the pound. Place a craigslist ad? Meanwhile, take the two other dogs, ask them where Bert is, and see where they take you.
Still no Bert. The other two have been off looking with me and haven't had any luck either, I'll check around, but the old boy has been going down hill lately. Not in pain or with outward signs of trauma or disease, just old and mostly toothless and I suspect, partially deaf..
Our last Bichon, Sugar, failed at about the same age. She still had teeth, but had sore joints and went blind. I suspect she didn't wander off to die alone because she didn't know where "alone" was.
I do miss him. Hell I miss all of the pets I've have in the last 66 years, but I'm a realist. Grover is 9 so he's got some time. Picasso is just 2, so he'll be with me for quite a while, but I'm thinking he may be my last dog. I've buried too many and don't want one to bury me.

Well, still hoping that Bert makes an appearance today. Do you think someone may have taken him in? Sometimes animals get locked in people's basements or sheds too. That has happened to me with several cats. They were missing for days. One was missing for a week. Come to find out, they had been locked up in a neighbor's basement or shed and not discovered right away.

I think the pain of sending them across the rainbow bridge is the price we pay for all that unconditional love Ernie. Hombre hasn't said yes to another dog since our last one passed on--says he can't go through that again. And in truth we cannot easily afford the vet bills etc. these days so I haven't pushed it too hard and we get to see (and take care of) the grand dogs, cousin dogs, etc. that we get our fix pretty regular. But I'm sure all our thoughts and hearts are with you re Bert.

Well, still hoping that Bert makes an appearance today. Do you think someone may have taken him in? Sometimes animals get locked in people's basements or sheds too. That has happened to me with several cats. They were missing for days. One was missing for a week. Come to find out, they had been locked up in a neighbor's basement or shed and not discovered right away.
He's not one to go wandering to other homes. He's more of a head down to the creek to bark at the ducks or walk in the woods kind of dog. Not very social with strangers at all and in his younger days would attack any other dog he saw.
I'm afraid he's gone.

He's not one to go wandering to other homes. He's more of a head down to the creek to bark at the ducks or walk in the woods kind of dog. Not very social with strangers at all and in his younger days would attack any other dog he saw.
I'm afraid he's gone.

Awww, Ernie! That sucks! :( I hope you find him so that you can give him a proper burial and at least know for sure.

I'm afraid he's gone.

Ahh, so sorry to hear that Ernie.
He is in a better place now if he is gone.
I hope you can find out what happened to him, it's harder not really knowing.
My cat turned 17 in Aug. so I will only have her for a short little time that she has left.
It's very hard to lose them when they have been with us for 15 or more years.
I think that your dog had a very good a wonderful life with you.
If he is gone he is having a wonderful time in doggie Heaven right now.

I'm afraid he's gone.

My cat turned 17 in Aug. so I will only have her for a short little time that she has left.
I like to think he now has all the energy (and teeth) he had when he was a puppy. I'm somewhere between tears and smiles right now. Mrs. Ernie is in Florida, helping our granddaughter plan her wedding. I will have to tell her.... THAT will not be good.

I'm afraid he's gone.

I like to think he now has all the energy (and teeth) he had when he was a puppy. I'm somewhere between tears and smiles right now. Mrs. Ernie is in Florida, helping our granddaughter plan her wedding. I will have to tell her.... THAT will not be good.

I totally understand that.
Think of him like this and maybe you will have more smiles. :)
248080373_1140956.gif

all-dogs-go-to-heaven-quotes-and-Poem.jpg
:biggrin:

I'm afraid he's gone.

17?? That is one old cat!

I'm afraid he's gone.

248080373_1140956.gif

That's Bert! 2nd from the left.

I'm afraid he's gone.

17?? That is one old cat!

I have had several that lived to be 19 and 20 years old.
They were still very active and playing with their toys and each other at that age.
My 17 year old still loves catnip, playing with her toys and jumping up the 7 ft. high cat tree.

I'm afraid he's gone.

248080373_1140956.gif

That's Bert! 2nd from the left.

I thought so. :)

I'm posting as I go so haven't read the whole thread since last night.
Yeah..Karma is my last. No more. I hope to have her for at least 5 or 6 more years. Or longer.
Put it this way..when she goes....it will be a hit and miss whether I follow her soon after. Gracie dying just about did me in. But, I stayed cuz Karma needed me.
One can only take so much of seeing those loved...go.

I think facebook is permanently fried. All I get is a blank page, for days. Anybody else having that problem, or is it my google chrome doing it?
Not a member, but got on a couple public pages today.
Yeah I have no idea what's wrong, and at this don't really care. Never paid much attention to it anyway... screw it.

My husband is on facebook for the PC games, he is not having any problems.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back